• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Florida family Vacation beside Orlando

Cedartree105

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham club acess, Wyndham Smokey Mountain
Any suggestion on a Florida vacation with kids at a Wyndham resort? We've been to Disney so were trying to see where else we can go that great for a family. We have 3 kids 10,8,2 so kid activities is a must.

TheHolleys87

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II

jwalk03

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
We went to Wyndham Ocean Walk Daytona Beach this past August with my 2 kids (7 & 2). Had tons of fun enjoying the beach and the resort pools. Also took the tour at Daytona International one day which was fun even though we are not race fans. Daytona has plenty to do to keep kids entertained.

Wyndham Panama City would be another option. Its a fun beach front resort, though I think I would prefer Ocean Walk slightly.

Wyndham Clearwater would offer lots to do on the Gulf Coast including being very close to Busch Gardens if you have interest in a Theme Park not named Disney.

Cedartree105

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yes I been looking a Panama City as well. I never thought of Daytona. It would definitely be a shorter trip with the kids. My wife always complains we spend too much time in the car. My answer is always it’s way cheaper! The kids love the ocean so both would be a great option. I’m looking to stay in a presidential room if possible. We got spoiled on a trip to Myrtle Beach while staying at Wyndham Oceanview presidential.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Destin and Clearwater is also very kid friendly

bobinmich

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
wyndham
We went to Wyndham Ocean Walk Daytona Beach this past August with my 2 kids (7 & 2). Had tons of fun enjoying the beach and the resort pools. Also took the tour at Daytona International one day which was fun even though we are not race fans. Daytona has plenty to do to keep kids entertained.

Wyndham Panama City would be another option. Its a fun beach front resort, though I think I would prefer Ocean Walk slightly.

Wyndham Clearwater would offer lots to do on the Gulf Coast including being very close to Busch Gardens if you have interest in a Theme Park not named Disney.

I second the OCEAN WALK resort....great place for kids and adults. Beach, pools, waterslides....

kaljor

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Nashville
Wyndham CWA
Fairfield Bay
I'm not sure if you want an alternative to Disney or Orlando itself. Sea World is amazing. Universal is amazing. They're not Disney but they are very interesting and entertaining.

Ocean Walk at Daytona Beach is a pretty short ride to Cape Canaveral in case a rocket launch is scheduled. There are no more Saturn V rockets, nor Space Shuttle launches but even a Space X launch is pretty impressive! And the whole Kennedy Space Center is amazing. Maybe even for kids, I don't know!!

Last edited:

weleftmn

TUG Member
Reaction score
It depends on the time of year. If you are looking for beach activities the panhandle of FL is not guaranteed to be nice enough for the beach during the winter months, nicer than MN/ND though. When we have been to Destin/Panama City Beach beach/water seems to be the primary activity, I am sure there are other touristy things though.

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Kennedy Space Center is very entertaining we just came back from a two night stay at HICV at Cape Canaveral. I think there is a Wyndham in the area too.

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
I think coco beach is great with the space center, the wild life center, the beaches, the pier, but not sure there is a Wyndham there

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
I think coco beach is great with the space center, the wild life center, the beaches, the pier, but not sure there is a Wyndham there
Yes rapmarks is correct no Wyndham Timeshare in Cape Canaveral area.

louisianab

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV and Vacation Village at Williamsburg.
We had a ton of fun at the Wyndham Palm Aire in Fort Lauderdale, it's not on the beach, but they had free parking at the other ones that were on the beach. Lots of activities and nice pools. Definitely must have a vehicle, but was a good stepping off area to explore.

Cedartree105

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Great keep it coming. I’m kind of leaning towards Oceanwalk my wife likes the idea less driving

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Marriott, DVC
100% resale!!
Kids love Ocean Walk the most. It has the best pools and fun activities attached to the facility. If you stay a week there, be sure to buy an annual pass to the waterpark on the other side of the parking garage. It's a 5 min walk from the resort to the park. It also has mini golf, an arcade and go karts too that are walking distance. There's also a really good mom and pop sweet shop walking distance, and seasonally carnival rides too. Movies are half priced on Tuesday's and the shops include a coldstone and a couple of restaurants/bars. You don't have to cross a street to go to the beach, but you will have to request ocean front if you want it. If you want a 100% chance of getting ocean front, you have to stay in a 3 bedroom or 2 bedroom lock-off. Most 2 bedrooms are ocean view.

Cedartree105

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Great info! Thanks for sharing everyone. I think I’m sold on Oceanwalk. We definitely would like a nice view thanks for the tip.

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
100% resale!!
This is a view I had from a 2 bedroom lock-off:
view.jpg

2 Bedroom Deluxe lockoffs are 100% street view. Never book those.

Cedartree105

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sweet view was it noisy being so close?

jwalk03

TUG Member
Reaction score
upload_2019-11-22_20-26-45.jpeg

This was our view from a regular 2BR at OceanWalk. 7th floor. One of the really nice parts of this floor was the garage came up to this level, so we could park in the garage and not have to take an elevator to get to our room. Just straight in from the garage to the room because we were the end unit. Very convenient with bags and groceries, etc.

Cedartree105

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So which is it 2br are ocean view and lockoffs are street view? Or is it basically first come better view.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I have to put a vote in for Ocean Walk. It's got a piece of my heart. Went as a kid and always a favorite. Yeah, the area is a little seedy these days, but on the resort and other things around there to do, it's an awesome location. Other things to do - St. Augustine is right up the coast - the Castillo de San Marcos is a great tour. Old St. Augustine is fun to walk through and shop. Also Ponce de Leon Springs State Park. I feel it's a hidden treasure - in the Deland area (between Daytona and Orlando). There is a natural spring fed pool, other activities. And super fun to eat at the Old Spanish Sugar Mill pancake house (inside the park). A unique experience, grill your own pancakes on your table (best ever).

And yes, as mentioned earlier - as far as access, one of the easiest of any resorts. For my disabled father - the best! Parking is limited, only one car per room. But the garage attached to the building is great. Expect slow elevators, wait times can be crazy. We do our shopping super early. Also someone who rents from me has a handicapped adult child. Beyond awesome they can access their vehicle easily and drive her to the beach in their car. I love Panama City Beach, but getting in and out for my father was no small task (and for my renter friend, would be a tough one).

Did anyone mention the concerts in the clamshell stage on the beach? Just south of the resort. I think every Saturday night in the summer, and when we were there there was one Friday and Saturday. Cover bands, they were great. Followed by fireworks.

WyndhamBarter

TUG Member
Reaction score
grill your own pancakes on your table

Also available at Slappy Cakes in east Portland OR and Lahaina on Maui. There's a new WVO location
in Portland we haven't gotten to yet. Unfortunately still none on Maui, but we have managed to use
RCI to trade into a couple of locations there. (And a WM in Kihei.)

We now return you to your regularly scheduled BBS thread...

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
100% resale!!
1 bedroom suite- part of the two bedroom lock off. Has no view
1 bedroom - part of the the two bedroom deluxe lock off. It's at the end of the South Tower. Street View
1 bedroom deluxe - part of both lock offs. Can be street view, ocean view or ocean front
2 bedroom deluxe - can be street view, ocean view or ocean front
2 bedroom lock off - 100% are ocean front. (1 bedroom suite + 1 bedroom deluxe)
2 bedroom deluxe lock off. Mix between street view and ocean view (1 bedroom + 1 bedroom deluxe)
3 bedroom deluxe- 100% ocean front

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
100% resale!!

bobinmich

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
wyndham
I have to put a vote in for Ocean Walk. It's got a piece of my heart. Went as a kid and always a favorite. Yeah, the area is a little seedy these days, but on the resort and other things around there to do, it's an awesome location. Other things to do - St. Augustine is right up the coast - the Castillo de San Marcos is a great tour. Old St. Augustine is fun to walk through and shop. Also Ponce de Leon Springs State Park. I feel it's a hidden treasure - in the Deland area (between Daytona and Orlando). There is a natural spring fed pool, other activities. And super fun to eat at the Old Spanish Sugar Mill pancake house (inside the park). A unique experience, grill your own pancakes on your table (best ever).

And yes, as mentioned earlier - as far as access, one of the easiest of any resorts. For my disabled father - the best! Parking is limited, only one car per room. But the garage attached to the building is great. Expect slow elevators, wait times can be crazy. We do our shopping super early. Also someone who rents from me has a handicapped adult child. Beyond awesome they can access their vehicle easily and drive her to the beach in their car. I love Panama City Beach, but getting in and out for my father was no small task (and for my renter friend, would be a tough one).

Did anyone mention the concerts in the clamshell stage on the beach? Just south of the resort. I think every Saturday night in the summer, and when we were there there was one Friday and Saturday. Cover bands, they were great. Followed by fireworks.

Oceanwalk has my vote too....My best location thus far. Been there several times. Always a great time.