• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Braving a trip to Costco today....

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Both Costco and Trader Joe’s parking lots were packed early this morning. Both stores were filled with shoppers. Plus, one (me).

Why are so many peoples shopping so early this year, liked there is no end or December 2019 for shopping.

Last edited:

geekette

Reaction score
Both Costco and Trader Joe’s parking lots were packed early this morning. Both stores were filled with shoppers. Plus, one (me).

Why are so many peoples shopping so early this year, liked there is no end or December 2019 for shopping.
early? this is late, day before massive food holiday.

I personally don't care what day I have Thanksgiving, so I could wait until December, but most other people are not so flexible.

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
I need to go to Costco and TJ. Yes, I wait til the last minute. Hopefully going after work will make it easier.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
I need to go to Costco and TJ. Yes, I wait til the last minute. Hopefully going after work will make it easier.
or, make it worse.....................

x3 skier

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Grand, The West,
Raintree and, formerly, The Allen House
No problem at my Costco this morning. Lots of folks but less than a minute wait to be checked out.

Cheers

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
What crazy thing are we doing today? We are flying home to Salem Oregon. We flew to Chicago last Friday to spend a week to include Thanksgiving with Son, DIL, and 3 grand kids. Ever since we arrived DIL made it clear she was not happy to have us at their Home. On Monday afternoon she announced that she had not bought enough food for Monday's dinner and so Patti and I would have to go out. I offered to order carryout from her favorite restaurant and was turned down. This is the same DIL and Son that begged Patti to come and help them move into new house last September because DIL was still having physical problems from birth of GS. So literally the day before we were suppose leave on our trip to Canmore via Coeur d'Alene (Worldmark Resorts) we cancelled and she flew to Chicago for 3 weeks. I was very lonely for 3 weeks.

Things were so bad today Patti asked to do want us to leave. Answer yes but you would not be able to get a flight out. So $350 later (for changing our flight) and an UBER Ride we are at ORD waiting to fly home. I do not know what lies she will tell her Husband and the Grandkids. From things he has said in Texts the lies have started.

IngridN

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts: Aruba Surf Club, Grand Chateau, Shadow Ridge
Went to Costco on Monday to pick up rib eye cap steak (yum) and cheesecake for Thanksgiving. Got there late morning and it was packed. Most of the Back 40 was full. Mondays is retirees day ;););) at my Costco so it's usually not at all crowded. Was at the local grocery store this morning to pick up a few things for tomorrow...note to self: DO NOT go near any grocery store the day before Thanksgiving!

Ingrid

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Went to Costco late on Wed 4PM. Apparently the rush had left. Found a spot right away at the edge of the parking lot. Low lines, plenty of roast chickens and pies. Even returned an item with only 1 person ahead of me in line. They said it was crazy busy when it opened earlier in the day. For once I got lucky.

Happy Thanksgiving.

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
THE COSTCO.COM SITE IS DOWN AND I LITERALLY CAN’T EVEN

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

geekette

Reaction score
What crazy thing are we doing today? We are flying home to Salem Oregon. We flew to Chicago last Friday to spend a week to include Thanksgiving with Son, DIL, and 3 grand kids. Ever since we arrived DIL made it clear she was not happy to have us at their Home. On Monday afternoon she announced that she had not bought enough food for Monday's dinner and so Patti and I would have to go out. I offered to order carryout from her favorite restaurant and was turned down. This is the same DIL and Son that begged Patti to come and help them move into new house last September because DIL was still having physical problems from birth of GS. So literally the day before we were suppose leave on our trip to Canmore via Coeur d'Alene (Worldmark Resorts) we cancelled and she flew to Chicago for 3 weeks. I was very lonely for 3 weeks.

Things were so bad today Patti asked to do want us to leave. Answer yes but you would not be able to get a flight out. So $350 later (for changing our flight) and an UBER Ride we are at ORD waiting to fly home. I do not know what lies she will tell her Husband and the Grandkids. From things he has said in Texts the lies have started.

I am So Sorry.

Is DIL unwell? I ask because this sounds very out of the ordinary and recent birth complications. Post partum depression or stress (some could be self-imposed, holidays are rough). I mean, previously was she "a normal DIL"?

Look, you were treated badly, I totally get that. I am actively avoiding bro and sis today from recent bad treatment of me by them. But they don't have any big new stuff in their lives, like giving birth or health issues, they have always been a$$holes to me. I've been stuck with them all of my life, I know when I open the door to the snake, ya know?

But a young mother trying to get a big holiday right is huge stress so I'm trying to figure if she needs help (medical) or is just a generally nasty person, or felt crowded and overwhelmed. That's a large hosting duty, even if it is family. Or maybe just lost it on this holiday for whatever reason. I've popped a cog here and there from overstress; I definitely cannot stay in my sister's home for long; very loud, very chaotic, very hard on me. I make those visits a couple days, tops, and I don't let anyone stay here more than 2 nights, for my own sanity. I hope your son can get her help for whatever her issues and that this is an anomaly that she realizes is some kind of sign. For Her.

Best of luck. I will hope your flight was swift and uneventful and that you two went ahead and had an awesome meal together. thankful that whatever is going on in your son's home is not going on in yours. A toast to you both.

geekette

Reaction score
THE COSTCO.COM SITE IS DOWN AND I LITERALLY CAN’T EVEN

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
uh oh. I hope we didn't lose any tuggers in the vortex! I'm not sure that everyone that visited Costco yesterday reported that they were out safely. Be careful. Even if the site comes back, you may, too, get sucked in past exit!

lol, good luck! get some bargains for me (my stomach did a lurch out of consideration for IT folks on call this evening; been there, left the hot meal on the table and cruised deserted streets to solve whatever technology decided to take holiday for itself)

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Just worked for me. ?

Dave
I just tried and can't get in.

Would you check and see if they have an Insta Pot for Black Friday? :)

Just got in. The website says they are experiencing slow response times.

geekette

Reaction score
I just tried and can't get in.

Would you check and see if they have an Insta Pot for Black Friday? :)

Just got in. The website says they are experiencing slow response times.
Instant Pot Duo SV 6 qt Multi-Use Pressure Cooker

$64.99 After $25 OFF
Free Shipping

I had trouble going regular route, but right in from their ad in my inbox. good luck!

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
I am So Sorry.

Is DIL unwell? I ask because this sounds very out of the ordinary and recent birth complications. Post partum depression or stress (some could be self-imposed, holidays are rough). I mean, previously was she "a normal DIL"?

Look, you were treated badly, I totally get that. I am actively avoiding bro and sis today from recent bad treatment of me by them. But they don't have any big new stuff in their lives, like giving birth or health issues, they have always been a$$holes to me. I've been stuck with them all of my life, I know when I open the door to the snake, ya know?

But a young mother trying to get a big holiday right is huge stress so I'm trying to figure if she needs help (medical) or is just a generally nasty person, or felt crowded and overwhelmed. That's a large hosting duty, even if it is family. Or maybe just lost it on this holiday for whatever reason. I've popped a cog here and there from overstress; I definitely cannot stay in my sister's home for long; very loud, very chaotic, very hard on me. I make those visits a couple days, tops, and I don't let anyone stay here more than 2 nights, for my own sanity. I hope your son can get her help for whatever her issues and that this is an anomaly that she realizes is some kind of sign. For Her.

Best of luck. I will hope your flight was swift and uneventful and that you two went ahead and had an awesome meal together. thankful that whatever is going on in your son's home is not going on in yours. A toast to you both.

Actually from things that happened while Patti was there for the 3 weeks in September we are pretty sure she is having a major depressive episode. She would tell the children directly that she regretted having them. How do we tell our son that his wife is having major mental issues? We were hoping her Mother (came for several weeks after Patti on FMLA from her work) would notice and speak to her daughter about seeing a Doctor.

Patti and I went to WINCO and bought a full turkey breasts, ingredients for Dressing and green bean casserole, and a pumpkin pie. We already had sweet potatoes as we like them baked.

geekette

Reaction score
Actually from things that happened while Patti was there for the 3 weeks in September we are pretty sure she is having a major depressive episode. She would tell the children directly that she regretted having them. How do we tell our son that his wife is having major mental issues? We were hoping her Mother (came for several weeks after Patti on FMLA from her work) would notice and speak to her daughter about seeing a Doctor.

Patti and I went to WINCO and bought a full turkey breasts, ingredients for Dressing and green bean casserole, and a pumpkin pie. We already had sweet potatoes as we like them baked.
I think you have to rip the bandaid off, he may know but not want to face it, think he can fix it, wait it out, etc. Don't hint around. Ask, tell, have a tough conversation. He may feel disloyal to her for talking behind her back or he may be relieved that someone else sees what he sees. I'm sure he is front lines bewildered, like a hole got blown in his world and torn between, crap, this is my life now and what is this and what can I do about it.

do it by phone, not text. "Son, we're worried about Debra. Has she seen anyone about the possibility of post-partum depression? She does not at all seem like herself, and we're concerned. " It's my wildcard guess, worth looking up symptoms to see if any fit. It's medical, nothing to do with her toughness, character, etc., and I think that's important to point out to him. If she's ill, she needs to see someone. Saying such things to or about her children amps up the alarm, it's not normal, not for a new mother that was otherwise healthy and looking forward to parenthood. post partum is pretty common, I'd be wondering if she has been seeing/being honest with her doctor, or if she has been honest and dismissed (happens way too much, way too often to women, in particular). I heard a lot of "you'll be fine" when I clearly was not fine and in fact in great distress. Son should not stop until he gets someone to listen, Something Is Wrong With My Wife.

It won't just pass. And could get much worse. I don't know if these things are sudden switches or if it comes on over time, but he could be too close to the situation to see it objectively, maybe saw a slide over time, and he may think "it's just stress". Extreme stress for prolonged time can have bad results. He may need to resort to "do it for me" because she may be in a self-hating fog or resentful for what has happened to her since this pregnancy. Most anyone ill wants to get better, but with mental illness, logic and reasoning don't always come along for the ride. She may have wanted you to leave before you figured out she wasn't ok. Hard to know. I've had people close to me with chronic anxiety, bi-polar, and head injuries. When things don't add up in how a person is behaving, something is wrong. The lies strike me as the down cycle of bi-polar, or head injury.

I hope he doesn't have to trick her, but if it's going to come to that, he should call ahead to where he is taking her so they know to look for them and his ruse. She could get combative. This is one of those big life challenges where he has to be strong for his entire family; it is going to be very difficult on him, but a path away from whatever horror home life has been. She is key to his happiness, he likely swore to stand by her in sickness and health. He's being called on that one right now. He can get her back, but he's got to be the one to lead the way. He may have to see her in even greater distress, he may see her tied down in a bed. She may scream horrendous things at him.

This is hard. But waiting isn't an option, thing get worse without treatment. She could be on her way to wellness very quickly after being evaluated, but he's going to be the chief treatment vetter, a difficult jargon-filled role, but he can do it. Because he has to.

Best to all of you. The lady is fortunate to have people that care about her. Maybe she can't be thankful for that right now, so I'll do it for her - thank you for being in her life and being the ones responsible for creating her husband, the one that loves her like no other.