• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Happy Thanksgiving to all......

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score

Wishing all the TUG Members and Guests a Happy and Safe Thanksgiving!

A lot of folks will be driving over the next few days so please drive carefully and be very mindful of alcohol consumption. Take your time and arrive healthy!

Pace yourself and may all eat well!

:wave: :hi: :clap: :whooopie: :banana:

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Happy Thanksgiving !!! Practice counting to ten tonight to be ready tomorrow, lol.

Bill

WalnutBaron

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe
This morning I watched a PBS Frontline presentation entitled, "For Sama". It was filmed by a young woman whose family lived through the six-year Battle Of Aleppo during the Syrian Civil War. The suffering, brutality of the Syrian regime aided by the Russians, and the total destruction of a city that once was home to more than 4 million people was unspeakable. Seeing things like that--especially on this Thanksgiving Day--impress on me how much we in North America have to be thankful for.

Happy Thanksgiving, Everyone. As most TUGgers live in the USA and Canada, we certainly are richly blessed. We live in nations that love freedom, whose people speak freely. We live in nations that value education for our children and dignity of life for our elderly. We are--by any standard--among the richest nations of the world and within our borders are some of the most beautiful places in all the world, many of them preserved through our national parks systems for the enjoyment and wonder of ourselves and future generations. And for those of us who are fortunate enough to own timeshares, we have the great gift of travel to places that allow us to drink in the earth's beauty, to relax and savor the beautiful places we travel to, and then to share our experiences here with each other with so many we will never meet in person but for whom we still call friends. Most of all, we live in peace.

We are blessed beyond measure, and this is a perfect day to give thanks to the God who has poured out those blessings on us.

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
This morning I watched a PBS Frontline presentation entitled, "For Sama". It was filmed by a young woman whose family lived through the six-year Battle Of Aleppo during the Syrian Civil War. The suffering, brutality of the Syrian regime aided by the Russians, and the total destruction of a city that once was home to more than 4 million people was unspeakable. Seeing things like that--especially on this Thanksgiving Day--impress on me how much we in North America have to be thankful for.

Happy Thanksgiving, Everyone. As most TUGgers live in the USA and Canada, we certainly are richly blessed. We live in nations that love freedom, whose people speak freely. We live in nations that value education for our children and dignity of life for our elderly. We are--by any standard--among the richest nations of the world and within our borders are some of the most beautiful places in all the world, many of them preserved through our national parks systems for the enjoyment and wonder of ourselves and future generations. And for those of us who are fortunate enough to own timeshares, we have the great gift of travel to places that allow us to drink in the earth's beauty, to relax and savor the beautiful places we travel to, and then to share our experiences here with each other with so many we will never meet in person but for whom we still call friends. Most of all, we live in peace.

We are blessed beyond measure, and this is a perfect day to give thanks to the God who has poured out those blessings on us.

Beautifully put! Enjoy the holiday!

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
At Thanksgiving I count my blessings that I live in a great country with the freedom of choice.

I wish you all the best for a Happy Thanksgiving.

Beachclubmum

Reaction score

I work with relocated refugees (not Syrian though) and have been humbled by how much we as Americans take for granted.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
We in Canada also have much to appreciate .

Enjoy Thanksgiving

We do ours in October / when the weather is generally less disruptive .

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Happy Thanksgiving to all here and all your loved ones!!!

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I'm appreciative of everyone here on Tug, and the atmosphere of friendship this site brings to my daily life. You folks are really fun to be around - at least, on my computer. ;)

Happy Thanksgiving, Everyone!

Dave

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark

Wishing all the TUG Members and Guests a Happy and Safe Thanksgiving!

A lot of folks will be driving over the next few days so please drive carefully and be very mindful of alcohol consumption. Take your time and arrive healthy!

Pace yourself and may all eat well!

:wave: :hi: :clap: :whooopie: :banana:

Made me realize I hadn't turned the parade on! Just in time for the Pokemon float.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
Happy Thanksgiving to all of the wonderful folks of TUG. You’re all the best of the best. I feel so fortunate that I found this forum years ago and I’ve enjoyed the friendships I cultivated and I appreciate having the ability to chat with all of you.

I hope everyone has a day of thanks and love on this day.

Last edited:

WalnutBaron

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe
It's a shame someone has to take this thread in that direction, but since it has happened, I would simply encourage anyone interested to read "Mayflower--A Story Of Courage, Community, and War" by the excellent historian Nathaniel Philbrick. The truth is that "the Thanksgiving tale we tell ourselves" is essentially true, and not a lie at all. The Pilgrims, who left England to pursue religious liberty, landed in Plymouth, Massachusetts in November 1620 and were completely unprepared for the harsh winter conditions and generally poor soils for farming in eastern Massachusetts. The first winter was brutal for them, as only 47 survived from the original party of 102, mainly from disease and starvation.

It was in the spring of the next year that a member of the Wampanoag tribe named Squanto befriended the Pilgrims, taught them how to plant and grow corn, and taught other survival techniques to assist them to survive the next winter. Out of gratitude to God for preserving their small number and strengthening them after the searing experience of the winter of 1620-21 as well as a way of offering thanks to the Wampanoags, a feast was prepared in October 1621. The feast lasted three days, and was attended by 53 Pilgrims and 90 Native Americans.

In this way, "the tale we tell ourselves" about the First Thanksgiving is essentially true.

The book does go on to describe the events leading up to the destructive Pequot War of 1636-38, a war that was fought over control of the Dutch fur trade. The Pequots, in an effort to extend their territorial rights, launched raids against other tribes, including the Wampanoags, and this war among the tribes spilled over into violence between the Pequots and Puritan settlers in both the Massachusetts, Plymouth, and Connecticut settlements. The Narragansetts and the Mohegan tribes fought on the side of the European settlers and, ultimately, prevailed over the Pequots, which were wiped out by the war.

Philbrick goes into great detail describing the moral difficulties that Governor William Bradford had in waging the war. Efforts at peace without war, however, were unsuccessful.

Bottom line: The story by Time Magazine makes for a good headline, but is itself much more deceptive than the real truth of the First Thanksgiving.

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
It's a shame someone has to take this thread in that direction, but since it has happened, I would simply encourage anyone interested to read "Mayflower--A Story Of Courage, Community, and War" by the excellent historian Nathaniel Philbrick. The truth is that "the Thanksgiving tale we tell ourselves" is essentially true, and not a lie at all. The Pilgrims, who left England to pursue religious liberty, landed in Plymouth, Massachusetts in November 1620 and were completely unprepared for the harsh winter conditions and generally poor soils for farming in eastern Massachusetts. The first winter was brutal for them, as only 47 survived from the original party of 102, mainly from disease and starvation.

It was in the spring of the next year that a member of the Wampanoag tribe named Squanto befriended the Pilgrims, taught them how to plant and grow corn, and taught other survival techniques to assist them to survive the next winter. Out of gratitude to God for preserving their small number and strengthening them after the searing experience of the winter of 1620-21 as well as a way of offering thanks to the Wampanoags, a feast was prepared in October 1621. The feast lasted three days, and was attended by 53 Pilgrims and 90 Native Americans.

In this way, "the tale we tell ourselves" about the First Thanksgiving is essentially true.

The book does go on to describe the events leading up to the destructive Pequot War of 1636-38, a war that was fought over control of the Dutch fur trade. The Pequots, in an effort to extend their territorial rights, launched raids against other tribes, including the Wampanoags, and this war among the tribes spilled over into violence between the Pequots and Puritan settlers in both the Massachusetts, Plymouth, and Connecticut settlements. The Narragansetts and the Mohegan tribes fought on the side of the European settlers and, ultimately, prevailed over the Pequots, which were wiped out by the war.

Philbrick goes into great detail describing the moral difficulties that Governor William Bradford had in waging the war. Efforts at peace without war, however, were unsuccessful.

Bottom line: The story by Time Magazine makes for a good headline, but is itself much more deceptive than the real truth of the First Thanksgiving.

Thank you for pointing out the truth. I am sick of the forces out there trying to destroy the true history of our great nation.

WVBaker

TUG Member
Reaction score

This day is still remembered today, 373 years later. No, it's been long forgotten by white people, by European Christians. But it is still fresh in the mind of many Indians. A group calling themselves the United American Indians of New England meet each year at Plymouth Rock on Cole's Hill for what they say is a Day of Mourning. They gather at the feet of a stature of Chief Massasoit of the Wampanoag to remember the long gone Pequot. They do not call it Thanksgiving.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/the-true-story-of-thanksg_b_788436

Pilgrims perceived Indians in relation to the Devil and the only reason why they were invited to that feast was for the purpose of negotiating a treaty that would secure the lands for the Pilgrims. The reason why we have so many myths about Thanksgiving is that it is an invented tradition. It is based more on fiction than fact.

"William Newell, a Penobscot Indian and former chair of the anthropology department of the University of Connecticut, claims that the first Thanksgiving was not “a festive gathering of Indians and Pilgrims, but rather a celebration of the massacre of 700 Pequot men, women and children.” In 1637

” Most Americans believe Thanksgiving was this wonderful dinner and harvest celebration. The truth is the “Thanksgiving dinner” was invented both to instill a false pride in Americans and to cover up the massacre."

https://www.republicoflakotah.com/2009/cooking-the-history-books-the-thanksgiving-massacre/

"Since 1970, Native Americans have gathered every Thanksgiving around Cole’s Hill at Plymouth Rock for a National Day of Mourning to remember the Pequot and what happened to them in 1637. This Thanksgiving, before we dig into the bounty this nation has given us, let’s all take a moment to mourn with them and remember that there are two sides to every story."

"It’s a heart-warming tale, and for the most part it’s also true. Documents confirm that a small group of pilgrims did indeed celebrate a harvest festival with some local natives at the start of their second year in the New World. But that celebration was never called Thanksgiving, nor did it become a ritual celebrated with any regularity. Instead, the first official Thanksgiving – while much less idyllic – more accurately reflects the tenuous relationship between white settlers and Native Americans that characterized America’s settlement. But you probably didn’t learn about this Thanksgiving in grade school."

https://www.phillymag.com/news/2012/11/20/dark-origins-thanksgiving/

On May 26, 1637, two hours before dawn, the Puritans and their Indian allies marched on the Pequot village at Mystic, slaughtering all but a handful of its inhabitants. On June 5, Captain Mason attacked another Pequot village, this one near present-day Stonington, and again the Indian inhabitants were defeated and massacred. On July 28, a third attack and massacre occurred near present-day Fairfield, and the Pequot War came to an end. Most of the surviving Pequot were sold into slavery, though a handful escaped to join other southern New England tribes."

https://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/pequot-massacres-begin

The basis for any holiday, even if it may differ from what we've been taught, is important and I don't denounce anyone for celebrating as they choose. Adding to the history of Thanksgiving on Thanksgiving seemed appropriate and interesting. Should you be offended in any way by all means, let me know what can or can't be said and when it can or can't be said.

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible."
Stuart Chase

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Geez Baker, its like when you need to pass gas in an elevator. You wait until your off or alone. You were so busy tapping away that you actually forgot to say Happy Thanksgiving. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Bill

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
happy thanksgiving to everyone as well!

Brett

Reaction score

Virginia challenges the real truth about Thanksgiving

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...ae24de-1137-11ea-bf62-eadd5d11f559_story.html

WVBaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Geez Baker, its like when you need to pass gas in an elevator. You wait until your off or alone. You were so busy tapping away that you actually forgot to say Happy Thanksgiving. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Bill

Strange analogy, but I do appreciate your style.

Funny-Thanksgiving-Pictures.jpg

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Happy Thanksgiving and good luck on shopping Friday 11/29/2019.