• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Headed to Frenchmans Cove solo

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
This Friday. Well not by myself, my brother and his family are going, but I'm going without my wife. We were all set to go but my dear MIL fell and broke her pelvis so now my wife will need to look after her.

The good news she is doing very well and already up and around but not well enough to look after herself. My wife is a devoted daughter so it's not even a question that she is staying behind to take care of her.

I was planning on cancelling too but then realized my wife will be staying at her mom's house an hour away and I'll be by myself for the next few weeks so why not spend a week in STT with brother and his family. I do feel alittle like an extra wheel but I'm going make the most of it and work out a lot and enjoy the resort.

I am very happy that my brother and his family are making the trip. He's a really hard working and talented mason but raising 3 kids on Long island doesn't leave much in the budget for nice family vacations. They are coming as my guests and I was glad he could find cheap airline ($375 RT direct pp) so they will be able to really have a great time without breaking the bank. He won't be looking to spend a lot dining out so we'll make good use of the kitchen and BBQs.

Theiggy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Frenchman’s Cove
Well it’s a bummer that your wife won’t be going but I’m sure you will enjoy the weather and time with your brother and family.

And of course I know first hand what life on LI is like.. super high cost of living. That’s why I like timesharing actually. I’m splitting my Aruba room with my brother when I go this summer. Makes it very affordable especially when you buy resale. Plus my kids love to spend time with my nieces and nephew.

I hope your MIL feels better soon!
Jannine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimf41

TUG Member
Reaction score
Mothers need good daughters and it sounds like your MIL has a good one. l know, I'm going thru the same thing with my MIL and my wife has been a godsend to her. As far as STT last year we picked up some Doodles inflatable tubes from Home Depot on STT. Pack of six for $10 and the kids loved them. Try Brewers beach one day. Lots of turtles and a nice shallow water entry. there is a good food truck there and bathrooms and showers but no lounge chairs. Have a great time.

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Well it’s a bummer that your wife won’t be going but I’m sure you will enjoy the weather and time with your brother and family.

And of course I know first hand what life on LI is like.. super high cost of living. That’s why I like timesharing actually. I’m splitting my Aruba room with my brother when I go this summer. Makes it very affordable especially when you buy resale. Plus my kids love to spend time with my nieces and nephew.

I hope your MIL feels better soon!
Jannine

When I first explored the world of Marriott TSing I tried so hard to get a family member to split something with me because it makes it so much more economical but as hard as i tried no one else saw the value or had less than the 2 nickels I had and couldn't even consider it.

Theiggy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
When I first explored the world of Marriott TSing I tried so hard to get a family member to split something with me because it makes it so much more economical but as hard as i tried no one else saw the value or had less than the 2 nickels I had and couldn't even consider it.

Well I own it we are just splitting it this time but my guess is they will come with us each time. It’s EOY and I only paid $1400 for it so I think that’s a real bargain! Where can a family of 4 go for $950 for a week in paradise? Aruba- splitting it with family!

Heading to the Cove in April on the break through a trade of an MGC 1br, another deal. Only thing is I think I’m becoming obsessed with searching II...

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Mothers need good daughters and it sounds like your MIL has a good one. l know, I'm going thru the same thing with my MIL and my wife has been a godsend to her. As far as STT last year we picked up some Doodles inflatable tubes from Home Depot on STT. Pack of six for $10 and the kids loved them. Try Brewers beach one day. Lots of turtles and a nice shallow water entry. there is a good food truck there and bathrooms and showers but no lounge chairs. Have a great time.
My wife is an absolute GEM!! She truly is the very best wife, mother, sister and daughter. Incredibly giving and selfless. All this while dealing with Lupus and RA and a number of other ailments. You wouldn't know it by looking at her because she is beautiful and composed but she suffers a great deal behind the scenes. She just grins and bears it and just overcomes it. She'd kill me if she knew i was writing this but it's true and I'm very lucky.

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
Joe,

Enjoy your trip and I'm glad you are still going! I've gone on a couple trips now with my brother and my Brothers-in-law because we can't leave the kids (now teenagers) with the grandparents anymore -- it's not fair to anyone. Those have been some great trips too and I look forward to when Jonell and I can travel together again. I hope your MIL is on the mend...Enjoy STT!!!

Best,

Greg

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
This Friday. Well not by myself, my brother and his family are going, but I'm going without my wife. We were all set to go but my dear MIL fell and broke her pelvis so now my wife will need to look after her.

The good news she is doing very well and already up and around but not well enough to look after herself. My wife is a devoted daughter so it's not even a question that she is staying behind to take care of her.

I was planning on cancelling too but then realized my wife will be staying at her mom's house an hour away and I'll be by myself for the next few weeks so why not spend a week in STT with brother and his family. I do feel alittle like an extra wheel but I'm going make the most of it and work out a lot and enjoy the resort.

I am very happy that my brother and his family are making the trip. He's a really hard working and talented mason but raising 3 kids on Long island doesn't leave much in the budget for nice family vacations. They are coming as my guests and I was glad he could find cheap airline ($375 RT direct pp) so they will be able to really have a great time without breaking the bank. He won't be looking to spend a lot dining out so we'll make good use of the kitchen and BBQs.
I went to harborside at Atlantis by myself this year, once was planned on purpose and another due to the hurricane everyone bailed. I refused. Had a blast both times! Worked out and relaxed the whole week. It was perfect.

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
UPDATE FROM FRENCHMANS COVE.

We checked-in on Friday and we're told only choice was St John top floor or Crown building so of course took the top. What a fantastic view! Love the 3BDRM layout that really has 2 masters with ensuite bathrooms and each bedroom having a nice little balcony. My brother and his family are blown away and I'm loving it seeing them enjoy it so much. Went to Coki Beach, Linquist Beach and Maegan Bay, all fantastic beaches. I also really liked the FC beach although it is a little small it is a nice swimming spot. It does have some rocks to avoid in some spots but i was told just after this hurricane season they are replenishing the sand so that will make it perfect. Had 2 meals at the poolside restaurant and I must say it was enjoyable both times which is a different experience than our last trip where we found it mediocre at best.

Here is some new pictures and video of the 3bdrm units.

https://cambrafamily.com/frenchmans-cove-st-thomas

jont

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enrolled in Marriott DC/
MOW /MGC /MCV/MGO / Trust Points
UPDATE FROM FRENCHMANS COVE.

We checked-in on Friday and we're told only choice was St John top floor or Crown building so of course took the top. What a fantastic view! Love the 3BDRM layout that really has 2 masters with ensuite bathrooms and each bedroom having a nice little balcony. My brother and his family are blown away and I'm loving it seeing them enjoy it so much. Went to Coki Beach, Linquist Beach and Maegan Bay, all fantastic beaches. I also really liked the FC beach although it is a little small it is a nice swimming spot. It does have some rocks to avoid in some spots but i was told just after this hurricane season they are replenishing the sand so that will make it perfect. Had 2 meals at the poolside restaurant and I must say it was enjoyable both times which is a different experience than our last trip where we found it mediocre at best.

Here is some new pictures and video of the 3bdrm units.

https://cambrafamily.com/frenchmans-cove-st-thomas
Thanks for the pictures Joe. Hope you have a wonderful time! Well, as wonderful as you can have without your better half. I can't wait to get there myself. My wife Maria and I had our honeymoon on St Thomas over 30 yrs ago. It's time to get back there.

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the pictures Joe. Hope you have a wonderful time! Well, as wonderful as you can have without your better half. I can't wait to get there myself. My wife Maria and I had our honeymoon on St Thomas over 30 yrs ago. It's time to get back there.
If my wife or kids were coming at some point I could truly enjoy myself over that time even if it was a week but I must admit knowing they're not coming sucks but I do love my brother and his family so we're having fun. I must say I see alot of potential at FC when they redo the beach and the hotel comes back and it has some good eating options and another nice beach and pool to enjoy. I'm already strongly considering returning in July with my family and SIL.

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Update from St. Thomas

St. John’s where have you been all my life? Heading back on the ferry now after a great day at Trunk Bay. Enjoyed a few others and was told a number of other ones are there to . Trunk Bay goes right to the top of amazing beaches I’ve enjoyed.

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Seriously I’m trying to decide between Homoa on Maui or Trunk. Trunk is Fairly wide but long so plenty of spots to settle in. Sand is soft and clean. Water shallow but not too shallow like HHI can be. There are a few nice beaches one after another not too far from the ferry. Ferry is 30 minutes. Fantastic beach day with brother and his family

Theiggy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Did you see the turtles at Maho? Trunk Bay and Maho are on my list for my next trip!

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Did you see the turtles at Maho? Trunk Bay and Maho are on my list for my next trip!

Haven't checked out Maho as we got rained on some and I wasn't sure how much my car could handle those steep inclines so we didn't go past Cinnamon Bay. Cinnamon Bay was another nice beach although the facilities are in bad shape and slowly being repaired so no bathroom there but again a big beautiful beach that you could at least spend some quality time at.

RLS50

TUG Member
Reaction score
Remember those expats I told you about that raved about Brewer's Bay Beach on STT, it might be worth visiting while you are there.

Fairwinds

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I would not recommend Brewers Bay Beach. It is adjacent to the airport and when I visited there was lots of trash on the beach. However, if your over that way there are often green turtles to be seen