• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Can someone please try to log in to the marriottvacationclub site

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
It means that MVC IT folks have deemed Firefox to be a non-supported browser likely due to deemed security issues.

Just use a different browser.
Firefox is often rated as the best web browser though
https://www.techradar.com/best/browser
and it has a relatively large market share, in the Top 3
so I would expect it to be supported.
I always found it excellent and only stopped using it when moving from Microsoft to Apple ecosystem.

Last edited:

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Actually, I think at the current time that no one is able to log in (no matter what Browser you use).

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am in. No problem.
The website seems to be up and down.
I login OK, but whilst navigating the pages it just freezes and/or kicks me out.
I did manage a webchat with them, which was in a new format.
Initially, I missed that it was not with a real person - is this new?
“Aloha, I’m your digital Advisor named Sunny! I can help you find answers to our most frequently asked questions.”
then all questions were answered with
“Sorry, I didn't understand that.”
Thankfully, I quickly found out how to be transferred to a real person who answered my question.
I will know now for the future.

David10225

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Barony Beach
I am not able to get in with Firefox or Microsoft Edge. Doesn't that error message mean that the security certificate at the Marriott site has been revoked and that your browser is trying to protect you from a malicious site?

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Firefox is often rated as the best web browser though...
Chrome worked all through yesterday (at least when I tried) and again this morning.

From our "What it's worth department" I've long since given up on trying to force websites to use my favorite browser and bounce back and forth between Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Microsoft Edge as they demand. For a while Disney was particularly annoying as MDE/DVC/DCL (My Disney Experience/Disney Vacation Club/Disney Cruise Line) would demand different browsers at different times but they seem to have sorted it all out.

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
I logged in using Chrome about an hour ago and no problem, it did just fine.

billymach4

TUG Member
Reaction score
There is a systemic problem with the MVC site. My antivirus and malware software is warning me that there is a dangerous URL whenever I direct my browser to MVC. I use bitdefender. I get this with both chrome and Internet explorer. I have not been able to get in since Sunday as they have jacked up my profile.

billymach4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Since some folks are reporting that they are getting in they must be lucky and get in when the system is stable.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Windows Defender is sufficient to protect against malware for Windows 10. I did buy a new laptop which comes with a free 1 year McAfee subscription. I wouldn't pay for it and have full intention of letting it run a year and uninstall it thereafter.

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
There is a systemic problem with the MVC site. My antivirus and malware software is warning me that there is a dangerous URL whenever I direct my browser to MVC. I use bitdefender. I get this with both chrome and Internet explorer. I have not been able to get in since Sunday as they have jacked up my profile.
Yeah....I get an Untrustworthy Web Certificate notification from our protections at work when I sign in there, so I agree with you, they have continued issues.

billymach4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Now when I call the 800 number they won't even answer the phone due to high call volumes they just hang up.

travelinmom

TUG Member
Reaction score
Their website has been a constant frustration for me. At one point we had four different logins and none of them had all of our ownership. It seems the website goes down frequently on Saturday and Sunday evenings. This has been my experience for at least two years. Their wait message on the phones encourages you to use their website but their website is ridiculously unstable. I’m not an IT person, but it seems they should be able to resolve this after so many years. Hopefully someone from Marriott is reading all these posts and will address it. They also better not ding me for paying 12/4 rather than 12/2 since I couldn’t get on the website.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

billymach4

TUG Member
Reaction score
It may be time to print these posts and sent to the senior executive by way of Snail Mail

JIMinNC

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Marvin, NC (Charlotte) & Hilton Head Island, SC
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World
Can't log in now...just get the box looking for new login IDs

I just logged in with no issue. Make sure you didn't miss the "Owner Login" button at the top right of the web page.

billymach4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Finally after speaking to an owner advisor that had the brains and was savvy enough to technically navigate a work around that I finally get on to the site. This experience this week was rather disheartening and a very poor showing on Marriott's part.

billymach4

TUG Member
Reaction score
just called and they said they were busy and to call back, then they hung up.
Yes that was my experience today. basically that is telling us that they don't have staff to support the overwhelming response to this debacle.the advisor that finally was able to get out of this logjam told me he was working overtime. everyone I was able to get in touch with throughout the week was absolutely dumbfounded and in denial. This is not the type of service we deserve.

aka Julie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Shadow Ridge (platinum)
Yes that was my experience today. basically that is telling us that they don't have staff to support the overwhelming response to this debacle.the advisor that finally was able to get out of this logjam told me he was working overtime. everyone I was able to get in touch with throughout the week was absolutely dumbfounded and in denial. This is not the type of service we deserve.

Especially when we’re getting billed for our ever increasing maintenance fees! You’re right we deserve better.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
I recognize that there is a lot of impatience out there at this time of year as a lot of folks want to pay their 2020 maintenance fees and "snag" some points.

If I am not mistaken, you can do the same by paying your fees via a phone call, and use your Marriott credit card.

Just a suggestion.