• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Deedback or resale value?

levatino

TUG Member
Reaction score
I own two converted fixed weeks:
Pagosa Springs 182,000 points for $1110 year w/program fee included
Fairfield Bay 154,000 points for $793 year w/program fee included

Do you think these have resale value? I know the points per $ ratio is pretty good and I would hate to see them go back to Wyndham for naught.

Thank you!

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1

Do you think these have resale value? I know the points per $ ratio is pretty good and I would hate to see them go back to Wyndham for naught.

Thank you!
You might get $200 for Fairfield Bay, maybe as high as $500.

PeterS

TUG Member
Reaction score

Thank you!

If you have decided it is time to let them go... contact Ovations for an offer.
You may be offered three years of usage with no annual fees...
You may think it is $0 but three years of 336,000 points (with no fees - value $1903 per year times three = $5709).
You can try for $300 - $500 for each or accept $0 and almost $6000 in vacation value...
Your choice.... just remember... if Ovation offers the 3 year deal, you have to accept it on that call, if you don't and call back later, they may or may not offer it again... just decide whether you would take that offer before you call...
Good luck!

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
You have to ask about Limited Edition. If you only mention Ovations, they won't offer Limited Editions- which is the 3 years of use.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
You have to ask about Limited Edition. If you only mention Ovations, they won't offer Limited Editions- which is the 3 years of use.
So many rules, lol.

Are there restrictions on use, too? Like no guests, only the owners? Or am I making that up?

I always wondered, if someone has decided they no long can use and/or want their timeshares - how much will they still use it in the next 3 years? Like giving someone dessert when they say they are full and couldn't possibly eat another bite?

R1964

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Holiday Club
I hope someone here can answer a question for me. I have two deeded fixed weeks formally Fairfield timeshares one in Williamsburg VA and the other at Fairfield Harbour in New Bern, NC. They are now owned by Wyndham. I would like to deed these weeks back to Wyndham and wanted to know if anyone knows if this is possible. Other possibility is to just give them away and pay for the closing cost and transfer fee for the new owner. We've had these weeks for over 30 years and are just not using them anymore and would like to get rid of the burden. Any insights would be appreciated.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I hope someone here can answer a question for me. I have two deeded fixed weeks formally Fairfield timeshares one in Williamsburg VA and the other at Fairfield Harbour in New Bern, NC. They are now owned by Wyndham. I would like to deed these weeks back to Wyndham and wanted to know if anyone knows if this is possible. Other possibility is to just give them away and pay for the closing cost and transfer fee for the new owner. We've had these for over 30 years and are just not using them anymore and would like to get rid of the burden. Any insights would be appreciated.
I would call Wyndham (Ovations) and see if they'll take them back. I called them when it first came out and they checked each of my deeds (and confirmed they were eligible to be taken back). Someone here may have an idea if they are worth anything on the resale market. Sadly, my guess is just give them back. You could also post in the TUG bargain deals.

Here's the breadcrumbs to get to the information on Ovations available on myclubwyndham.com (not much here):

upload_2019-12-8_2-59-35.png

Last sentence: If you’re unable to continue with your ownership, tell us about your situation online or feel free to contact one of our Ovation by Wyndham representatives at 855-312-9040 to learn more about the available options.

MoPops

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Luxxe Nuevo Vallarta
Wyndham CWA, VIP Silver
What happens if you just stop paying MFs? Does Wyndham come after you?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
......I have two deeded fixed weeks formally Fairfield timeshares one in Williamsburg VA and the other at Fairfield Harbour in New Bern ......Other possibility is to just give them away and pay for the closing cost and transfer fee . Any insights would be appreciated.

Insight :
What fixed week ?

4th of July week or similar might get grabbed asap in TUG bargains or similar / while a November
week might languish and you would be better to use Ovations .

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
What happens if you just stop paying MFs? Does Wyndham come after you?

YES - collection phone calls etc . / there are TUG threads that may have details .

MoPops

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Luxxe Nuevo Vallarta
Wyndham CWA, VIP Silver
YES - collection phone calls etc . / there are TUG threads that may have details .

Thanks, I thought as much. We just went from 86,000 pts, to 400,000 pts with a purchase from telephone sales and a PIC. (Retired a few months ago). Trying to figure out now how to use the points..

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
Thanks, I thought as much. We just went from 86,000 pts, to 400,000 pts with a purchase from telephone sales and a PIC. (Retired a few months ago). Trying to figure out now how to use the points..

There’s been five (5) such Mf defaults reported on TUg by Wyndham owners, including two (2) with Ts loans. Zero (0) got reported to the credit agencies.

Last edited:

R1964

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Holiday Club
Insight :
What fixed week ?

4th of July week or similar might get grabbed asap in TUG bargains or similar / while a November
week might languish and you would be better to use Ovations .
The week in Williamsburg is May week 19 and the Christmas week at Fairfield Harbour.

SNA27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Desert - Flagstaff - Waikiki-Beachwalk+2PICs - Bonnet-Creek - Smoky-Mountains - NO CWA/NO RESALE
So many rules, lol.

Are there restrictions on use, too? Like no guests, only the owners? Or am I making that up?

I always wondered, if someone has decided they no long can use and/or want their timeshares - how much will they still use it in the next 3 years? Like giving someone dessert when they say they are full and couldn't possibly eat another bite?

It depends on whether they no longer can use or NO LONGER WANT TO PAY for using! I would not decline FREE dessert at a restaurant that I can take home and eat later or give it to my kids!;)

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
The week in Williamsburg is May week 19 and the Christmas week at Fairfield Harbour.

1 ) Are MF due in Jan ? / or do you pay monthly ?
2 ) I am not sure how quickly Ovations works / ie timeline to removal of your name from deed .(and costs to go away)

3 ) You could join TUG and post in bargains / free sub forum - listing as free - buyer pays
all transfer & closing costs .

4 ) late May- Williamsburg Va. - avg daily temp 61-81 F
Christmas week- New Bern N.C. - avg daily high 56 F

these weeks seem to me to (potentially) have a demand based on the weather & seasons .

Last edited:

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
It depends on whether they no longer can use or NO LONGER WANT TO PAY for using! I would not decline FREE dessert at a restaurant that I can take home and eat later or give it to my kids!;)
Good point, I was thinking it was ice cream, you are thinking cake :rolleyes:

R1964

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Holiday Club
Just wanted to update everyone. I was on the phone with Wyndham ovations today and they are going to take back the Williamsburg week. They won't take back the Fairfield harbour week so I'm going to try and sell that week and see what happens. Thank you everyone for your insights.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to update everyone. I was on the phone with Wyndham ovations today and they are going to take back the Williamsburg week. They won't take back the Fairfield harbour week so I'm going to try and sell that week and see what happens. Thank you everyone for your insights.
You can use current use year points when giving back deed with Ovations.. The total time to transfer out of your account is about 4-5 weeks. Transfer points to RCI or use before deed transfers. I would assume if it is a Jan 1st use year you could probably use next year 2020 points before it transfers.

SNA27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Desert - Flagstaff - Waikiki-Beachwalk+2PICs - Bonnet-Creek - Smoky-Mountains - NO CWA/NO RESALE
You can use current use year points when giving back deed with Ovations.. The total time to transfer out of your account is about 4-5 weeks. Transfer points to RCI or use before deed transfers. I would assume if it is a Jan 1st use year you could probably use next year 2020 points before it transfers.

But, won't they charge MF for all of 2020? The monthly payment is only a convenience. It's due at the beginning of the year. My PIC week location allows payment in 2 installments, on 1/1 and 7/1.

Wyndham has to clarify all this and close all these silly loopholes!:(

@Grammarhero, that's an email I can write to Michael Brown without any qualms!;) Maybe that will motivate me to follow your repeated advice to me about writing to him regarding my Flagstaff FW issue!;)

Borrowing points from next year is also a benefit for the convenience of owners. Moreover, I don't think you can transfer next year points to RCI.

In news today: Home Depot and other retailers are having a severe problem with SHRINKAGE, a euphemism for THEFT!:(

Last edited:

R1964

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Holiday Club
I've listed the Fairfield Harbour week 51 in the Marketplace for $1 and seller will pay 2020 maintenance fee and closing cost. Hopefully we will find a buyer. Thank you for all your comments.