• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Delta hotels?

Quilter

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
We’re looking for hotel in Charleston WV for tonight. There’s 2 Delta hotels.

Looking for info on this brand. They are category 4.

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVR, SDO, WKORV-N, Westin Flex, HGVC (BLVD)
It’s a pretty well known brand in Canada. They used to be owned by Fairmont then they went private for a bit. I think Marriott bought them 3-4 years ago?

I haven’t stayed at the location you’re specifically referring to but I’ve always enjoyed staying at Delta in the past and would not hesitate to do so if it was one of the options. Some of the locations are older but in general the service has always been great and have generally found them to be about equal to the Marriott line when we stayed in eastern Canada.

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
Stayed at one on Prince Edward Island. Was similar to a full service Marriott, with bar, full restaurant, etc. I would not hesitate to stay at one again. Service was excellent.

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I've stayed in Delta hotels in Canada before Marriott bought them. Loved them...but I'm not really sure that experience matters. I can tell you that The AC hotel I stayed at in Portland, ME earlier this year was *nothing* like the AC hotels in Europe. Marriott seems to be buying international brands and repurposing them in the US.

Quilter

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
We reserved the Delta. There were two in Huntington. The one downtown was $113 and the one by the mall was $84 (senior discount). We chose the mall. Very nice.

DJensen

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Stayed in a Delta hotel in Racine, Wisconsin. It was a refurbished full service Marriott back in the day. Liked the refreshed look and feel. It seems as though Marriott is using the refurbishment to change name and so far like what I have seen. Also, the Renaissance at Philadelphia airport is/was to be refurbished to a Delta as well - it needed it in a big way (summer of 2018). The lobby was nice, but no where near what one would expect from an airport Renaissance. I hope the Philly location as gone through its update and worth staying at now.