• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Trouble contacting MVCI by phone to add a guest to my reservation

dmorea

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have tried over and over to reach Marriott at 800 845 4226 to have a name added to my reservation and get a new confirmation certificate with that name on it. I dont know of any way to do this online. If there is please let me know.
All I get is a machine answer after going through about 4 minutes of recordings that says they are overwhelmed. I cant even get to a place to leave my number for a call back .
I am getting very frustrated. This has happened over a period of at least a week. I have sent in an email two days ago as well and gotten no reply.

Anyone have a better way to get through to them ? or an idea of whats happening that they arent servicing their members appropriately?

dima

TUG Member
Reaction score
You can add name online through your Bonvoy account

Sent from my HUAWEI NXT-L29 using Tapatalk

Mr. Vker

Reaction score
Are they arriving before you or in place of you? If not, you can add them at check in. You should also be able to call regular marriott reservations to do the same thing.

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have tried over and over to reach Marriott at 800 845 4226 to have a name added to my reservation and get a new confirmation certificate with that name on it. I dont know of any way to do this online. If there is please let me know.
All I get is a machine answer after going through about 4 minutes of recordings that says they are overwhelmed. I cant even get to a place to leave my number for a call back .
I am getting very frustrated. This has happened over a period of at least a week. I have sent in an email two days ago as well and gotten no reply.

Anyone have a better way to get through to them ? or an idea of whats happening that they arent servicing their members appropriately?

I am having trouble contacting MVC at the main number too. I have called every hour since 10 am this morning. Same deal, recording about new log in, menu choices and then recoding says they are busy and can’t take the call and call back later- which I have done 5 times.
The chat now appears to just be a bot not a live person as when I previously chatted.

I am trying to deposit points that are due to expire at the end of the year into II for a non Marriott trade. I have been told previously when I inquired months ago that I need to call and have MVC agent do that for me.

Anyone having success contacting MVC?

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
My suggestion is to post these issues on Facebook, Twitter, TripAdvisor etc. Marriott is focused on cost cutting by reducing customer service staff to show stellar cost savings with the ILG acquisition. It hurts owners. Their application system continues to be lousy and many basic functions are missing which means owners are forced to call.

These issues need to be brought out into the open so that they are shamed into fixing their inability to service owners.

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score
My suggestion is to post these issues on Facebook, Twitter, TripAdvisor etc. Marriott is focused on cost cutting by reducing customer service staff to show stellar cost savings with the ILG acquisition. It hurts owners. Their application system continues to be lousy and many basic functions are missing which means owners are forced to call.

These issues need to be brought out into the open so that they are shamed into fixing their inability to service owners.

I suppose each of us could do that but that doesn’t help my current problem.
I’m not sure where on TripAdvisor I would post general dislike for MVC customer service.
I don’t subscribe to social media.
Thanks for taking the time to respond.
Extremely frustrated.

Theiggy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Frenchman’s Cove
In many of the MVC Facebook groups people have been reporting this issue. It’s going to be a big problem when it comes to making reservations at exactly 13 or 12 months to get a date you want. Besides any other issues that require a call to customer service. Ugh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
Got through first try, presidential line. FWIW

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score
Finally got through- 8th times the charm!
Then only 45 minutes on hold.
Luckily I hardly ever need to call- probably haven’t in years.
I do all my reserving online with no problem.
Thanks for allowing the vent.

kds4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Weeks and DC Points

We just went through this for a renter. Had to have the reservation changed from our name to theirs. Called hotel reservation number and got Bonvoyed. Said because it was a points reservation, changes had to be made through MVCI. Called MVCI next. They refused to take my name off the reservation and only agreed to hide my MR number and 'add' the renter to the reservation. So far the rental website has accepted that. Last time I did this for a renter (several months ago) I had no trouble getting the reservation changed into the renter's name and mine removed. Seems getting Bonvoyed is becoming an issue for MVC reservation now too.

tugcccsp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MMOC Lahaina Villas
MMOC Napili Villas
Marriott Summit Watch
Marriott Mountainside
Welk-Escondido
Go to the Marriott.com website. Log in to your account. Find and open the reservation. Go to the tab for guest name. Put in the first and last name of the guest. Accept the change. An email will be sent to you showing the reservation with the guest added. Select the email from Marriott and open it up. Choose to forward the email, but don't proceed to send it yet. Go down to the sections you would like to hide, such as Marriott Bonvoy account information. Delete those. Edit any other items in the email you want changed. In the forward email mode, you can edit the email. Put your name in the bcc field (blind copy), so you will get a copy of the edited email. Lastly, type in the guests email address in the email field. By doing this last, if you accidentally, send the email before you are done editing it, the guest won't receive the uncompleted email. Finally, if everything is correct, send the email to the guest. There is no need to call MVC to remove your name on the reservation. It will not show on the email you have edited and sent to the guest. The guest will be required to present a credit card upon check-in, and charges will be made to that credit card.

Luckybee

TUG Member
Reaction score
For those interested, I'm currently on hold to change dates,,,1 hour 5 minutes :(

LUVourMarriotts

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MFV (P) 2002
MSU (G) 2006
MOW (P) 2018
Enrolled in DP +++
Got through first try, presidential line. FWIW
I tried to call yesterday to ask a question about my current Surf Club week, which my renter 'no showed' for, and the recording said the wait was approximately 59 minutes. I waited 5 minutes and hung up. I called Surf Club directly. Hopefully that won't cost me a boatload on my cell bill. This was on the Presidential line.

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
I tried to call yesterday to ask a question about my current Surf Club week, which my renter 'no showed' for, and the recording said the wait was approximately 59 minutes. I waited 5 minutes and hung up. I called Surf Club directly. Hopefully that won't cost me a boatload on my cell bill. This was on the Presidential line.

And, still oddly, I called yesterday as well (really!) to cancel something from them, and it took less than 1 minute to get a person. Mine was in the afternoon. I don't get it, I must be lucky!

dima

TUG Member
Reaction score
Actually, I called several times during the last couple of weeks and didn't wait at all.
Maybe Presidential line?

Sent from my HUAWEI NXT-L29 using Tapatalk

Sunbum

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have called 800-845-4226 4 times today to add a name to a reservation. Twice the recording said the lines were overloaded to call back, not even an option to hold. Once was a 65 minute wait, so i chose the "call back" option and they did not call be back. So i am currently on hold. It has been 30 minutes and they say it will be another 50 minutes. But..... they close in 20 minutes:(

Superchief

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think the major cause of these problems is the website has been having lots of problems. I was on the website at 9am to book reservations for newly available dates. I kept getting error messages and had to reboot several times. I would go through the complete reservation process and get kicked out at the very end. It was very frustrating. I finally got my second choice, but the website continues to be a disaster.

I had to call yesterday to cancel a reservation. I used the chairman line and was on hold for about 10 minutes before being given an option to receive a call back. I left my number and received a call about 20 minutes later.

These problems are another reason I really am not looking forward to integration.

TXTortoise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui OC Lahaina Fixed (3+)
Kauai Waiohai
Vail Streamside Birch
Spent 45 minutes on hold to try and book a Maui Week 3 for 2021. 45 minutes, at least, on hold...and few days available for the month of February. I missed Monday 13 month out reservation date for my target Week 3, so wasn't sure what to expect today. These delays almost negate the value of being able to book 13+ months out. Hoping system is improved for 12 month online reservations, but not hopeful. Very happy all my other weeks are fixed.

michael49

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Ocean Club, Waiohai Beach Club, Desert Springs II, Manor Club (Original Section), DC points
Just got off the phone after purchasing our Travelex insurance for 2020.
Wait time was less than one minute and I had a wonderful conversation with the Marriott Representative while she was processing our purchase. If it makes any difference, this was on a Chairman's Club dedicated line.
At the end of our conversation, she stated that Marriott was offering some end-of-the-year purchase deals. Asked if I wanted to have a 45 minute conversation with a sales representative to hear about the deals in return for 5,000 Marriott Reward points. Since I just received over 16,000 points for making maintenance fee payments, I politely declined.

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
At the end of our conversation, she stated that Marriott was offering some end-of-the-year purchase deals. Asked if I wanted to have a 45 minute conversation with a sales representative to hear about the deals in return for 5,000 Marriott Reward points. Since I just received over 16,000 points for making maintenance fee payments, I politely declined.
They probably have 10 lines total, and 9 of them are tied up doing 45 minute sales pitches. (insert eye roll here)

Last edited: