• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What quirky thing do you always pack when you go on vacation?

Fredflintstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rent only
Here’s mine...

I love BBQ. It can be steak, fish or pork.

But, I gotta put on my Beloved HP SAUCE.

yep, not A1...It’s gotta be HP.

To date, I have never found it at a US grocery store. In Canada, it’s everywhere.

So, I pack a fresh bottle whenever I go on vacation. Sometimes I pack 2 bottles to make sure I don’t run out.

Funny, I always get funny looks when I go into a Steak house and pull out HP for my steak.

So, what special item do you pack because it’s hard to get everywhere?

36613451e69a0520f1afec49d7a12d5e.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
My wife used to do the same thing with a local butchers steak seasoning. She pretty much won’t eat a steak without it. :)

Fredflintstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rent only
My wife used to do the same thing with a local butchers steak seasoning. She pretty much won’t eat a steak without it. :)

Does the butcher offer mail order to Hawaii?

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
Mine is a Swiss Army Knife. I have this romanticized idea that my car will break down driving to TS, but I used the Swiss Army Knife to save my life.

Attachments

• 9EC1FF65-A35B-441D-BAB4-2D0052E19E96.jpeg
    9EC1FF65-A35B-441D-BAB4-2D0052E19E96.jpeg
    44 KB · Views: 14

Fredflintstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rent only
Mine is a Swiss Army Knife. I have this romanticized idea that my car will break down driving to TS, but I used the Swiss Army Knife to save my life.

Ha ha ha.

I used to have a Swiss Army knife. Then, I stupidly placed my keys with the knife on my carry on bag in Vancouver and went through Security. The result...I lost my knife and got a good scolding from the Customs guy.

I haven’t packed it again. I suppose it’s ok if you put it in checked in luggage....

Geez, I can be dumb sometimes.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I always like to bring my pillow. I often bring a soft top sheet and a soft sofa blanket. We also bring Old Bay Spice and Montreal steak seasoning.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
I make my own BBQ rub that travels with us as well as a sharp knife (in checked bag, of course) I have a knife sharpener if we are just flying with carry-ons.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
DW would probably say that with me along, she already has more than enough quirkiness, thank you..

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HVC: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
[deleted] - sorry. That was more kinky than quirky.

BJRSanDiego

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sands of Kahana, Desert Springs I, DSV2, Shadow Ridge Enclaves Dlx
On my latest trip, I packed something that I had never packed before and it is certainly quirky: 5 trays of succulent "offsets" or "plantlets" that I potted a month ago and which I'm trying to root. I was afraid that the plantlets would not survive a week at home with no water. Because this was a "drive to" vacation, I just put them in the back seat of the car to transport them.

I wonder if I could call these plants "service plants" or are they more of "emotional support" plants? ;)

moonstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Beach Club at St. Augustine Beach, FL (1 floating week, purchased in 1982)

77,000 RCI points (Sunrise Ridge Resort, TN)
A Sharpie. Super handy.

I bring one as well! Also a roll of scotch tape. That comes in handy to stop the dreaded parking passes from blowing away when we drive around (Florida) with the windows down. I also have a stack of Post-it notes packed. They are handy to leave notes for ourselves or maintenance staff.

~Diane

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
Just my memory foam contour pillow. I put it inside of a compression bag (https://www.amazon.com/Travelon-Spa...9Z7FC8N3J8M&psc=1&refRID=0Y9Z4877T9Z7FC8N3J8M and it either travels in my suitcase or my day pack. It's been all over the world. I just managed to find an acceptable replacement as my original pillows (I started with four pillows bought from Overstock about 10 years ago) have probably been folded in half a few too many times and are starting to lose their shape. I literally can't sleep without it. Believe me, I've tried.

dmbrand

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harbor Ridge(3)
Coral Sands-Cayman
Both a magnetic hook and suction cup hook....for robe, hat, wet stuff, etc.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
My Leatherman Tool has traveled around the World with me. Patti likes to take her pillow. It is a very old feather stuffed pillow. Many times she will several kitchen knives. If it is a drive to location she has two Cabela's green lock boxes. One has kitchen tools and one has spices, etc.

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HVC: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.
A night light for the bathroom.

Carta

TUG Member
Reaction score
"Makin Bacon" micro wave bacon rack...Makes bacon the way u want it..No splatter, ez clean up..Never leave home without it. $12.99 on Amazon

FYI...I like it crispy

Last edited:

Ironwood

TUG Member
Reaction score
I used to bring my own wine glasses and corkscrew, but after breaking a couple of stems, just bring my own waiters type corkscrew. At home I use a lever pull which is quicker and efficient, but doesn't pack as well.

vmpt

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Coronado Beach Resort, Fox Run, Coral Reef Beach Resort, Marriott Monarch at Sea Pines, Marriott Barony Beach, Sand Pebbles Resort, Westin Lagunamar
2 twin tempurpedic toppers for the king size bed...when driving, not flying. The beds are never like mine at home.