• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Banking with II/can this be done?

island22

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a question for everyone. Hope you can help.
I own a 2br lock off at WKV 81,000 options.
I am currently using 51,700 options for a 1br exchange into WSJ for this year.
I have 29,300 options remaining for use year 2009.
Does anyone know if this is enough options to bank a week with Interval?
Thanks for any help you can give me with this question.
Carolyn

SDKath

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

Unfortunately you cannot bank staroptions with Interval. You can try to get a week reserved (if you have enough SOs) in a studio off season someplace perhaps. Then, you can ask Starwood to deposit it for you for an II trade.

Katherine

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
You can only deposit a week that you own. You cannot make a Staroption exchange and deposit that, so in this case, I don't see how it will work.

I would use the Staroptions to reserve a weekend to use yourself for a getaway, or to rent out.

Good luck! :hi:

Last edited:

island22

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your replies.
I was able to book a week in a small 1br at WKV for a week in July.
So now will have to decide if I want to go for that week or try to deposit it with II.
I'm guessing that week probably wouldn't have alot of trading power, but might be worth it anyway, you never know!

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Thanks for your replies.
I was able to book a week in a small 1br at WKV for a week in July.
So now will have to decide if I want to go for that week or try to deposit it with II.
I'm guessing that week probably wouldn't have alot of trading power, but might be worth it anyway, you never know!

Do you own a small 1 bdm. during the same season? If not, this is a Staroptions exchange, and you can't deposit it.

island22

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just for the record, I called and was unable to deposit the week I made the reservation for in July because it wasn't my ownership period (ie, I own gold season, this was silver) apparently per Tim, supervisor at SVO, this information is in my 50 page disclosure statement in my original contract with SVO. I asked him where in the disclosure statement I might find this tidbit of information, he didn't know.
I asked him to please transfer me to the automated feedback line, that they are so eager to have you complete when it's a good conversation, I was put on hold, but then just disconnected.
Nice customer service there starwood...

jarta

TUG Member
Reaction score
island22, ... I'd call back, ask an innocuous question and, after it is answered, do the feedback.

At the end, it asks if you want to leave a message and have someone call you back. I'd leave an oral message specifically mentioning the supervisor who hung up on you on the previous call, Tim. He probably was frustrated, but he did not act properly.

However, the information Tim was giving you is correct. As I understand the SVO policy, when you have already made a reservation out of your season, you have to cancel and eat the fee, if any, for canceling. Then, when the StarOptions are returned to your SVO account, you can make a deposit of the options equal to a week in your season into II - but Starwood chooses the week deposited.

Or, if you don't have enough StarOptions left to equal a week in your season after you cancel, you can just go where you reserved. (I think this is the same thing Denise was saying in her last 2 posts.) :) ... eom

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
island22 - In the above thread I've stated 2 or 3 times that you can't deposit a Staroption exchange - so it shouldn't have been a surprise to you. :shrug: You can only deposit what you OWN - you don't own a small one bdm. in silver season. Sorry, but you don't have a beef here.

Last edited:

island22

TUG Member
Reaction score
Denise, I understand I don't have a "beef" with the fact that I can't deposit a week with II that I don't own.
I do, however, have a beef, with the fact that I was hung up on in this situation. Giving the supervisor the benefit of the doubt, maybe there was a problem with the phone system, as often happens in similar situations I'm sure.