• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2007] Vacation Homes Only

ouaifer

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Has anyone been bothered by Vacation Homes Only...trying to arrange for a rental for a third party?

NTHC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Panama City Beach, Las Vegas, Massanutten
Resorts Owned
Grandview Las Vegas, Regal Vista, Wyndham, Bluegreen, Diamond
They have rented quite a few units from us in the past. Prompt payment always received.

Cindy

ouaifer

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Cindy,
What is their story? How do they work? Someone contacted me, but was not up front with me at all...I had to Google them to find out anything. Then, their web site was inactive. They also refused to provide me with necessary information...and threatened to have me Ad removed.

I just don't get it.

CatLovers

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Was contacted by them today as well

Got a e-mail and then phone call from one of their reps today - looking to rent my week in Hawaii (for one of their clients) that I had posted on VacationTimeshareRentals.com. I gave him my availability and price; he said that he would get back to me, but I have not heard anything yet.

He sounded really professional and above-board. If it comes thru, I'll follow the same procedure I do for any other rentals i.e. payment by PayPal or money order followed by faxing of reservation to them, after which they can call to confirm as well.

NTHC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I work with Preston Green. I guess I don't really know their story. They found me several years ago and now contact me for specific areas that they know I carry consitently. After your posting I went back through my records and they have bought quite a few things from me....actually more than I realized.

The contact number I have for Preston is 310-827-2648. We typically correspond via email which is vacationhomesonly@yahoo.com.

Maybe if you contact Preston he can answer specific questions that you have.

Good Luck,
Cindy

I also have purchased rental units from them as well with no problems. I didn't say this in my original post, but when I had my secretary pull the information on their company she brought this to my attention.

Last edited:

BM243923

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort-Weeks 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9
I went to the vacation rentals website. It really did not say much about their services.

I called them and was transferred to Preston Green. I asked how the rental program worked. He told me they have 2 programs. The first program you give them 595.00 upfront and they will rent out your unit. But they had a special rate right now $399.00. The second program was to list your unit with them and when they rent it out they give you 50% of the proceeds. He told me that my week 9 would get around $1000.00 and would not be difficult to rent out.

I told him I would have to talk it over with my wife and get back to him. He was very proffessional and applied no pressure. I thought 50% was a steep amout to give them. He said 50% would cover my maint. fee, well it does not cover my current fee of 640.00.

I do not think I will be calling him back as I could do better on my own.

meatsss

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was looking for a rental when I got an email from Preston. He didn't want to corrospond by email, only by phone. I was suspicious about a Yahoo email address. He didn't want to bothered by any more email and said he wouldn't respond anymore. Said TUG warned him about people like me. Decided I didn't want to deal with an org. like his.

NTHC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wow guys, I apologize if anyone has been misinformed because of my posts.
I work with this company from the perspective of another company, so I have not had this type of experience.

It was certainly not my intention to promote a company that was looking to take advantage of anyone.

Cindy

Robert D

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had any more experience with this firm? I had an inquiry on one of my TUG rental ads from a person named Willie with a yahoo email address and phone number of 310-827-2648 who says he wants to rent the unit. He didn't mention the name of Vacation Homes Only.

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
My $0.02 worth...

Has anyone had any more experience with this firm? I had an inquiry on one of my TUG rental ads from a person named Willie with a yahoo email address and phone number of 310-827-2648 who says he wants to rent the unit. He didn't mention the name of Vacation Homes Only.

In my own limited experience, I was contacted by Preston Green of Vacation Homes Only after posting a very specific location / date ad (on TUG, in fact). It was immediately clear to me that Mr. Green had been "cruising" such TUG ads and contacting posters (like me). He had nothing even remotely resembling what I had requested, so I wasn't sure why he even chose to waste our respective valuable time. When I asked him that very question, the response was vague and entirely uninformative. No harm and no foul, but I was certainly not left with a warm fuzzy feeling after communicating with this individual. :shrug:

Robert D

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
310-827-2648 - the phone number in his email

I replied to the email I received yesterday from them and haven't heard back from them. My guess is this is another outfit that wants an upfront fee to rent your week.

tswmls

Reaction score
I've been receiving calls from this number for a week but they never left a message until today. When I called back, they answered the phone Vacation Homes Only, but the message was Willie acting like he wanted to rent 2 bedroom HGVC (Hilton Grand Vacations Club) unit. My online ads have Bay Club, so I'm not sure what the correlation to my property for rent and what was asked for. He didn't seem to know that the Bay Club was adjacent to the newer build HGVC and share a common driveway/parking lot.

They apparently have at least two people working there. Multiple calls were from 310-827-2675 but they left a message to call 310-827-2648.

Last edited:

EvelynK72

TUG Member
Reaction score
I, too, received a call from this company. I first received an email from Ashley Richardson at 310-827-2648 asking me for a phone number in order to reach me right away about renting my unit. I didn't know if this was an individual or a rental company. I returned the call and got an answering machine letting me know this was the company vacation homes only. Two days later, Ashley left me a phone message and I returned the call.

I didn't get a clear picture of how this company works, although Ashley did send me a sample contract. At first, I balked at the idea of renting my unit through a company, but since I still hadn't rented my unit I thought Why Not - as long as they give me the rental fee I want under my conditions. But without a clear idea of how they work I don't know that - at least just yet.

My only concern would be liability. What if the renter trashed the place - who would be liable - the renter, the rental company or me? The resort does take a credit card number from the renter at check-in for just that sort of thing, but could any liability be placed on me? Monday I'll be calling the resort to find out about that.

Any thoughts from INDIVIDUALS who have successfully rented their units through Vacation Homes Only?

Evelyn