• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Harborside Phase I or II

pointsjunkie

TUG Member
Reaction score
phase 1 was sold as fixed weeks. so if you own a specific week that week is yours forever, if you want to exchange for a different week then you have to do it at 8 months out.

mariawolf

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside
Frenchman’s Cove
Phase 1 is mostly fixed so if you are trying to get a week in your season other than your own it is mostly impossible--phase 2 is all float which means you and everyone else may be calling to get a specific week--hopefully someone in phase 2 can comment on their success--I think most posts I have seen on this is most people haven't reported huge issues.
Phase 1 units tend to be larger--not in all cases.
Most, although not all, phase 1 units have better views.
Phase 2 is newer but phase 1 is currently being refurbished.
I am sure others will have a lot to add.
I own phase 1.

LarryAck

Reaction score
So if I understand this correctly. If I have a Phase 2, it will be easier to get any other week during my 9-12 month period, than if I have a fixed week in Phase 1, if I want to exchange to another week.

jerseygirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
So if I understand this correctly. If I have a Phase 2, it will be easier to get any other week during my 9-12 month period, than if I have a fixed week in Phase 1, if I want to exchange to another week.

Definitely. For the most part, Phase One owners hold their deeded weeks. Technically, we can float at 10 months (2 months ahead of StarOption exchangers), but there have been very few, if any, reports of success doing so. Phase Two works on the "early bird gets the worm" theory. I don't recall anyone ever posting that they were unable to get a specific week when they called at 9:00 AM at twelve months out.

LarryAck

Reaction score
We just purchased a every other year in Phase 2, with all closing costs paid by seller for $2,375. Weeks 1-17 and 50-52, every other year. Pretty happy with this, since all our other purchases through Starwood has been retail.

NEGreyhound

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good purchase

Congrats on that purchase. I was following and bidding on it but I believe that sale closed @ about 4 am where I'm presently working. I fell asleep and only woke after the sale had eended. I think you'll enjoy this purchase a lot.:clap:

esk444

TUG Member
Reaction score
We just purchased a every other year in Phase 2, with all closing costs paid by seller for $2,375. Weeks 1-17 and 50-52, every other year. Pretty happy with this, since all our other purchases through Starwood has been retail.

Congrats on that win too! I was following it too, but I really want a gold season week so I didn't bid.

One thing I noticed in that ad was the seller is supposed to pay for closing costs. Since those can be $2,500+, I'd be interested to see whether they will honor that.

csudell

TUG Member
Reaction score
closing costs through PCS title are 1450 (excluding title insurance which adds a couple hundred I think)

LarryAck

Reaction score
I'll keep you guys updated. We gave them a credit card for $2,375, and have already stated that via phone that they will handle all closing costs. This group is out of Montana, and are a closing company. Figure they are probably working directly with somebody in the Bahamas.

csudell

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not sure how he is related to closing company - his name is John Kushman. he is timesharepro so you can search for his posts.