• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

13 vs 10 month registration window - how bad is it?

Ecelso

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
PBC - Resale Pending
newbie here... I was looking to buy CWA vs deeded points. I am thinking to get 400 points with a home resort vs 400 points CWA. There is a significant maintenance difference, so I am wondering if I go the less expensive maintenance route is the right thing to do? I live in FL and the home resort is in FL... also, I want to hit all other non-home resorts within driving distance.

But, I am afraid that if I buy to a home resort points and then I am stuck with all those points - but not have the ability to book in primetime (spring break, summer, Christmas, et..) seasons in the other resorts because of no inventory.

I will generally be booking 2 room accommodation for my party of 5. Any advise will help a ton! Greatly appreciate your feedback.

Many thanks
Ecelso

HDiaz1

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Panama City Beach, Wyndham Bali Hai Villas, Marriott Grand Chateau, Worldmark the Club.
Personally, I would go for the lowest maintenance fees. I’ve never had any issues booking at the 10 month mark.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Take a look here on TUG in the Marketplace and under Buying, Selling, Renting in the Bargain Deals. Also on eBay for something at Grand Desert. You can usually find listings for 308k points for very little. If you aren't in a big hurry and can wait and watch for the next couple of months the selection of what is available might be better.

The maintenance fees without the program fee for Grand Desert are $4.73 for buildings 1 and 2 and are $4.82 for building 3. Club Wyndham Access maintenance fees are $5.99 without the program fee. The program fees are either a minimum of $135 annually or $0.58 per thousand points. So if you own less than a total 233k points with all your combined deeds/contracts you would be paying the minimum program fee of $135.

In other threads people have posted that they had no trouble getting the two bedroom units for prime weeks like you mentioned at the 10 month window. Hopefully more of them will respond to your post.

MaryBella7

TUG Member
Reaction score
We usually book 2 bedrooms. Sometimes more. We have never had trouble getting what we wanted during prime time. We have NOT, however, tried to book at Bonnet Creek during Christmas, Daytona bike week, etc. We do a lot of summer trips and have had no issue then. Our Christmas trips have been to places not in terribly high demand even if they are considered prime weeks.

Ecelso

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
PBC - Resale Pending
Personally, I would go for the lowest maintenance fees. I’ve never had any issues booking at the 10 month mark.
Thanks for the response... makes me feel better w/o knowing. :)

Ecelso

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
PBC - Resale Pending
We usually book 2 bedrooms. Sometimes more. We have never had trouble getting what we wanted during prime time. We have NOT, however, tried to book at Bonnet Creek during Christmas, Daytona bike week, etc. We do a lot of summer trips and have had no issue then. Our Christmas trips have been to places not in terribly high demand even if they are considered prime weeks.
I appreciate the feedback. many thanks!

Ecelso

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
PBC - Resale Pending
Take a look here on TUG in the Marketplace and under Buying, Selling, Renting in the Bargain Deals. Also on eBay for something at Grand Desert. You can usually find listings for 308k points for very little. If you aren't in a big hurry and can wait and watch for the next couple of months the selection of what is available might be better.

The maintenance fees without the program fee for Grand Desert are $4.73 for buildings 1 and 2 and are $4.82 for building 3. Club Wyndham Access maintenance fees are $5.99 without the program fee. The program fees are either a minimum of $135 annually or $0.58 per thousand points. So if you own less than a total 233k points with all your combined deeds/contracts you would be paying the minimum program fee of $135.

In other threads people have posted that they had no trouble getting the two bedroom units for prime weeks like you mentioned at the 10 month window. Hopefully more of them will respond to your post.

this is good info... thanks for the feedback and response. Many thanks!

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
newbie here... I was looking to buy CWA vs deeded points. I am thinking to get 400 points with a home resort vs 400 points CWA. There is a significant maintenance difference, so I am wondering if I go the less expensive maintenance route is the right thing to do? I live in FL and the home resort is in FL... also, I want to hit all other non-home resorts within driving distance.

But, I am afraid that if I buy to a home resort points and then I am stuck with all those points - but not have the ability to book in primetime (spring break, summer, Christmas, et..) seasons in the other resorts because of no inventory.

I will generally be booking 2 room accommodation for my party of 5. Any advise will help a ton! Greatly appreciate your feedback.

Many thanks
Ecelso

FL is a big state, where in FL do you live and which FL resorts do you plan to book into the most? For instance, if you want to book into Clearwater on a regular basis, you may want to target CWS Clearwater deeded points since it's a high demand resort with limited inventory and is therefore harder to book into as a result. Unless you are actually going to book primarily within the ARP window across multiple resorts that actually have CWA inventory, it's probably not worth getting CWA points.

Ecelso

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
PBC - Resale Pending
FL is a big state, where in FL do you live and which FL resorts do you plan to book into the most? For instance, if you want to book into Clearwater on a regular basis, you may want to target CWS Clearwater deeded points since it's a high demand resort with limited inventory and is therefore harder to book into as a result. Unless you are actually going to book primarily within the ARP window across multiple resorts that actually have CWA inventory, it's probably not worth getting CWA points.

Oh I am in Orlando, and looking into the 413k points panama city posting - wondering if is a good deal. Hoping I can use it for next year.... and it is the lowest MFs offering in tug and ebay. panama city the resort is nice is drivable. I am also hoping that I can book at clearwater and Daytona during summer or spring break during the 10 month timeframe or catch some availability when possible.

OutSkiing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Midtown 45, Bali Hai, Margaritaville
Oh I am in Orlando, and looking into the 413k points panama city posting - wondering if is a good deal. Hoping I can use it for next year.... and it is the lowest MFs offering in tug and ebay. panama city the resort is nice is drivable. I am also hoping that I can book at clearwater and Daytona during summer or spring break during the 10 month timeframe or catch some availability when possible.
If there really is a Panama City for sale that would be ideal. Maintenance fees are one of the lowest. Nice number of points too.
We've gotten into Clearwater at the 10 month mark thought it is one of the most in demand .. plan to reserve exactly a midnight 10 months out. Daytona is easier to get into so that should be easy at 10 months.

Bob

Ecelso

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
PBC - Resale Pending
If there really is a Panama City for sale that would be ideal. Maintenance fees are one of the lowest. Nice number of points too.
We've gotten into Clearwater at the 10 month mark thought it is one of the most in demand .. plan to reserve exactly a midnight 10 months out. Daytona is easier to get into so that should be easy at 10 months.

Bob

this is encouraging... many thanks!

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Marriott, DVC
100% resale!!
The only issues you will have with availability is Bonnet Creek during holidays and Majestic Sun, Emerald Grande during summer (must book 10 months out).

capital city

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Panama City 520k

Club Access 801k
Everyone seems to be against CWA on here but I am really happy that I added it to our account. I actually have 520k at panama city and 500 CWA. The Panama city is nice because of the low m/f but if your looking to use it for arp the points to stay there are really high imo and I dont ever plan on staying there personally even though I hear it's a really nice resort. With CWA its opened up everything for us. I just booked a 4br presidential in the smokies for my wife to do a girls trip on her mother's birthday. We also booked several 3 br overlooking the pool on Memorial day next year at Great Smokies lodge. Neither would probably be an option at 10 months.