• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

15 elite night with the Marriott credit card

lily28

TUG Member
Reaction score
I got the old Marriott premier credit card in 4/18. I am trying to have 50 elite nights by 12/31/18 for platinum status. The Marriott credit card suppose to give me 15 elite night credits. Do I get that at anniversary which is 4/2019 or will I get it at end of this year? I will be 34 nights at December. I plan to spend $3000 on the card to get 1 more night. If I can get 15 elite night from the credit card, I will reach 50.

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
You get them on your anniversary date, so they would not post until April/May 2019.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Spend another $45K and you will have those extra 15 nights!

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the reply. Then I am out of luck.
Could you do a cheaper hotel on points or cash in your area between now and then? Or could you get a couple of timeshare stays on exchange on bonus certificate. Do you have the 1 night certificate to use in the interim? For just cash you could likely get it down to $1200-1400 extra by getting something at a cheap place either locally or in an area you're traveling. You might even get with a local cheaper hotel and tell them what you need and negotiate a package deal, I wouldn't be surprised if you could get it down to well under $1000 for 15 nights. Or some combination. You'll have to decide what it's worth to you. I'm at lifetime Platinum but Kim is no where near it. IF she met the criteria to be lifetime Platinum with 15 additional nights, and even though she's Platinum Premier due to MVC, I'd try to figure out a way to get it done. And the benefits are less to us than to you since I'm there already and she currently has the status, just not lifetime.

kds4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Weeks and DC Points
At one time you could book a meeting room at a Fairfield Inn for a few hours for a nominal amount ($100-$200). That meeting would net you 10 Elite Nights credit. We have done this for a family gathering, or a nice NFL football game viewing party ...

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
Who owes 45k in MF? I own 13 timeshares and my fees are about 12,000.
Some people pay that and more in mf for their timeshares every year.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Old Hickory

TUG Member
Reaction score
At one time you could book a meeting room at a Fairfield Inn for a few hours for a nominal amount ($100-$200). That meeting would net you 10 Elite Nights credit. We have done this for a family gathering, or a nice NFL football game viewing party ...

Nice NFL game? What was a long time ago. :)

BigMac

Reaction score
The extra elite nights for $3000 spend has gone away so forget that. I have heard the 10 nights for one meeting has also gone

mas

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MAR BeachPlace;
Cypress Harbour;
Ocean Watch;
Canyon Villas;
The extra elite nights for $3000 spend has gone away so forget that. ...
It has for the new premier plus card, but I believe if you still have the old chase card (5x points/$ for Marriott spend) the $3000 spend=1 elite night still exists.

lily28

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes. I have the old card. Will try to get the platinum status for 2019 since no hope this year. Luckily not planning too many hotel stay next year but will go to Europe in 2020 with my 2 5-day Marriott certificate

lily28

TUG Member
Reaction score
update on my earlier questions. I found out that I got the Marriott card last December 12/2017 so my anniversary date is 12/2018. I called chase and was told that it will take 6-8 weeks for elite credit to get to Marriott reward. I call Marriott reward and was told that the elite night credit depends on when it hit the account. I really need the elite credit to be credited to 2018 instead of 2019 as the night credit from spg will not start till 1/2019.
So, from tuggers who have this Marriott card, how long and how many weeks before you see the elite credit at your Marriott reward account? I wish I have applied for this card in 10/17 instead of 12/2017

jeff76543

TUG Member
Reaction score
My anniversary date for the Marriott credit card is mid-December and I've always received the 15 elite nights credit within a few days of the date. It has always been applied to that same year's elite night credits, so you should be fine.

lily28

TUG Member
Reaction score
My anniversary date for the Marriott credit card is mid-December and I've always received the 15 elite nights credit within a few days of the date. It has always been applied to that same year's elite night credits, so you should be fine.

That is great to hear. I hope that apply to me too so I can platinum status for next year

DAman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does the anniversary date change from that of the old card to the date I obtained the Premier Card?

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Does the anniversary date change from that of the old card to the date I obtained the Premier Card?
I think it does. My wife upgraded her card and just got hit with a new annual fee of $95 a couple months after upgrading. Then they also provided a pro rated refund of the annual fee. I am just not sure which annual fee they refunded, the new one or the previously paid one. Her old anniversary date was in February and I think the new one will be in September. Won't know for sure until she does or doesn't get hit with an annual fee in March.

TRAVELING FOOL

TUG Member
Reaction score
It has for the new premier plus card, but I believe if you still have the old chase card (5x points/$ for Marriott spend) the $3000 spend=1 elite night still exists.
We currently have the old card and debating on whether it is worth it to upgrade. With the old card, it appears you can only achieve 12 Elite nights/year max. With the new card, it would be 15 nights. I spoke with a rep., and she said our Titanium Platinum Elite status would remain the same. We were offered 2 free nights at 35,000ea. to upgrade. This would be 5,000 less points compared to their introductory offer.

JIMinNC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Marvin, NC (Charlotte) & Hilton Head Island, SC
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World
We currently have the old card and debating on whether it is worth it to upgrade. With the old card, it appears you can only achieve 12 Elite nights/year max. With the new card, it would be 15 nights. I spoke with a rep., and she said our Titanium Platinum Elite status would remain the same. We were offered 2 free nights at 35,000ea. to upgrade. This would be 5,000 less points compared to their introductory offer.

I have the old Marriott Visa card, and so far have earned 32 elite nights for 2019 from the credit card. That comes from the 15 anniversary nights, plus an additional 17 earned from card spend. My wife has the new card, but she only gets the 15 anniversary nights. She does not get additional elite nights from spend.

TRAVELING FOOL

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have the old Marriott Visa card, and so far have earned 32 elite nights for 2019 from the credit card. That comes from the 15 anniversary nights, plus an additional 17 earned from card spend. My wife has the new card, but she only gets the 15 anniversary nights. She does not get additional elite nights from spend.
Thank you for your reply. I am thinking that once you get to “lifetime status”, elite nights are not such a concern. The newer card would be more valuable, since you are getting more points/dollar and the free night/yr. is 35,000 pt.

JIMinNC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Marvin, NC (Charlotte) & Hilton Head Island, SC
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World
Thank you for your reply. I am thinking that once you get to “lifetime status”, elite nights are not such a concern. The newer card would be more valuable, since you are getting more points/dollar and the free night/yr. is 35,000 pt.

I agree. After attaining lifetime, the new card is better. My wife made a mistake and switched to the new card when she was solicited right at the start. We're trying to get her to lifetime Platinum, and she didn't realize the new card didn't get the nights. When she told me what she had done I said, "Oh crap!" So now we actually have to stay 50+ nights for the next 3 years to get her to lifetime. We have to take a bunch of stuff down to Florida today/tomorrow to help our daughter finish moving in for her junior year at University of Florida, so that will give us the two nights she needs to get 50 for 2019, but we're going to have an issue getting to 50 in 2020. Going to have to get creative.

Last edited: