• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2007] Club Intrawest points value

Bill4728

Reaction score
CI may have made a deal with II to stop you from searching online but is sound like they are saying that you would not be able to use the corporate II account (ie Extraordinary Escapes account). It would seem that you would have to open a new indivual II account which is what resale buyers have to open.

BUT those of us who have an II account separate from CI (and Extraordinary Escapes) and have our CI weeks in II have no problem searching II with our CI weeks. Please note these are CI weeks not CI points.

This may be simalar to what we can do with my Marriott weeks/points. I can search II with my Marriott week and also I can search II with Marriott points. I haven't played around with the points much so I don't know if it makes much difference in what I see.

Please note from those people who simply have resale CI points, you should be able to have a regular II account and search with real deposited weeks (or fake weeks) We find that a 1 bd off season Whistler week can see most everything that is deposited in II. ( the studio weeks do not)

Note fake weeks are one were you tell II that you have a reservation at a CI resort that you have not made (yet)

Last edited:

elleryjean

TUG Member
Reaction score
CI

Since II is now available to all, do members from before 2005 have to join extraordinary escapes in order to deposit in II? I have in the past just deposited into my account without going through EE.

tashamen

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Embarc points (former Club Intrawest), Trapp Family Lodge
Since II is now available to all, do members from before 2005 have to join extraordinary escapes in order to deposit in II? I have in the past just deposited into my account without going through EE.

No. I don't belong to EE. I still deposit my CI weeks directly into II.

Reaction score
One Timeshare from a Motivated Seller

[Advertising deleted - DeniseM Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:

pspcres

Reaction score
Any updates on CI exercising the ROFR

I am curious to know at what threshold CI is exercising the ROFR on secondary exchanges. Anyone have details? Also, is there an updated 2012-2013 graph showing ebay sales?
Thank you

ROCKJenkins

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Whose fault is it.....the title company or CLUB INTRAWEST?

Hello,

I was successful in winning (2) Club Intrawests offers on ebay in 2012. The first one for 120 points in May and the 2nd one for 150 pts. in August. On the first one the broker and the title company were one and the same and after 6 months of Club Intrawest's repeated requests for *revised* signing and notaring of paperwork the broker threw-up his hands and sent all my money back.
Now after 7 months Club Intrawests seems to have sabotage my 2nd 150 point ebay winning. It's hard to blame the title company not knowing their job when Club Intrawest seems to never be satisfied with what-ever the title company send them to close the contract. It make one think CI can't afford to pull a ROFR but they don't want club intrawest's owners the ability to sell their membership either. I'm sure that not the case; but I sure would like to know why I'm haveing so much trouble in closeing because I like to buy another 150 club intrawest point contract if and when this one ever closes.
As promised in the past; I will keep my fellow TUG members posted on my progress on purchaseing club intrawest points.

RockJenkins

E

EducatedConsumer

Hello,

I was successful in winning (2) Club Intrawests offers on ebay in 2012. The first one for 120 points in May and the 2nd one for 150 pts. in August. On the first one the broker and the title company were one and the same and after 6 months of Club Intrawest's repeated requests for *revised* signing and notaring of paperwork the broker threw-up his hands and sent all my money back.
Now after 7 months Club Intrawests seems to have sabotage my 2nd 150 point ebay winning. It's hard to blame the title company not knowing their job when Club Intrawest seems to never be satisfied with what-ever the title company send them to close the contract. It make one think CI can't afford to pull a ROFR but they don't want club intrawest's owners the ability to sell their membership either. I'm sure that not the case; but I sure would like to know why I'm haveing so much trouble in closeing because I like to buy another 150 club intrawest point contract if and when this one ever closes.
As promised in the past; I will keep my fellow TUG members posted on my progress on purchaseing club intrawest points.

RockJenkins

You don't have reasonable expectations of a company or a Board with a Member-elected Board member who has served continuous terms for about 15 years on the board, do you? In my opinion, the place is as dirty as the day is long.

ROCKJenkins

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Educated Consumer,

Well I guess until someone can show me something closed to "IN WRITEING" on *WHAT'S GOING ON* I'll have to say that I don't know why I have been so un-successful in acquireing Club Intrawest points for the last 7 months.

RockJenkins

MaryH

TUG Member
Reaction score
RockJenkins
Were you able to verify the ownership details with CI?

Last edited:

MaryH

TUG Member
Reaction score
RockJenkins,

The 150 points ebay was $663 with the seller being listed in Mexoci. How much was the 120 point contract? And if that first one has the same broker and closing company, it lessen the chance of miscommunication.

Are the fees on the contract current?

ROCKJenkins

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
How easy is it to sell or buy a CI Timeshare?

Mary H.

The two ebay winnings had two different brokers. The Broker with the 120 point contract *gave-up* and sent my deposit back three months ago. So far I have been un-willing to allow the 2nd Broker to *give-up* and send my deposit back to me.

I've talked to a third Broker during this time who told me Club Intrawest Management is so hard to work with that they now refuse to broker any more Club Intrawest timeshares.

One of the many "promises made" at any Timeshare Presentation is how easy it is to sell your membership. I bet this knowledge would not go down good if mentioned at a Club Intrawest Timeshare Presentation.

Mel

Last edited:

ROCKJenkins

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Club Intrawest are not the bad guys

Today the Contract Department at Club Intrawest called me and talked to me for over an hour.

I learned on my failed first attempt to purchase a 120 point contract that it was the Broker's fault. It was pointed out to me that the Broker did not have enough points in-the-first-place to complete the contract. It seems some Brokers buy points from seller, break them up and then re-sale them on ebay. In my case they over-estimated the amount of points they had available to sell. To cover-up their trail they blamed it on Club Intrawest messing-up the paper-work.

Since were still *in hold* on the 2nd 150 point Contract I will reframe from comments on it until the end results.

Sincerely,

Mel Jenkins

Last edited:

MaryH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Mel,

When I bought my Hyatt on eBay, I got the contract detail from the broker after I won the auction. I called Hyatt after I won the eBay auction with the details to confirm that the contract/account was in order before I paid the broker.

Actually did that with my a couple of my RHC points contracts too.

captpete43

Reaction score
I am curious to know at what threshold CI is exercising the ROFR on secondary exchanges. Anyone have details? Also, is there an updated 2012-2013 graph showing ebay sales?
Thank you
The person who was graphing the points stopped doing it because he could not discern between transactions that were successful and ones that CI exercised ROFR.

MaryH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Mel,

Did you buy from escapes_lina or redweek4less?

MaryH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just curious since I saw some auctions from them. Emailed the other one that won one I was keeping an eye on but did not bid and his have not closed after 2 months either with minimum communication.

ROCKJenkins

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Too many messages

Mary,

Several weeks ago I gave permission to the Broker to cancel and return my deposit. It just resold on ebay for 8 times what I had originally won it for twelve months ago.

Both Club Intrawest and the Broker had convincing reasons for the long delay that eventually forced me to give-up. But it's still hard to understand *WHY* it takes months for the Title Company and Club Intrawest to notice *MISTAKES* acknowledge problems to buyers and sellers, and then months and months to take action. The title company blamed Club Intrawest. Club Intrawest blamed the Title Company.

One of the hardest things for me was Club Intrawest was Long Distance for me, while the title company who said not to hesitate calling if I had any questions never answered their phone. Oh ya; I forgot; their was that one time VP Titles did answer the phone, and bawled me out for leaving so many messages.

Rock Jenkins

Last edited:

Bill4728

Reaction score
It is unbelievable that the closing company found a way so that you couldn't close on a club membership. CI is a club membership ( the club owns the deeded weeks not you) so this isn't like you have a deed to prepare and transfer. It should have been as easy as, the old owner (or selling agent) contact CI and say they have sold their membership, clear ROFR, then fill out the paperwork, pay the transfer fee and the membership is in the new owners name.

Rock I'm sorry that isn't what happened.

Good luck in the future.

MaryH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Interesting, could redweekforless sold more points then they had? If you have a larger contract, you can sell part of it but if the remaining is less than 120 pionts, it would not transfer.

At the new sales price of 3200 for 150 pints it is roughly 21$ / point so still a lot lower than what it was going for a fewy years before.

Wasn't Escape_lina the other one you purchased from? Also a resale from there biannual 160 point for $211.

TBH if I was having issues with the transfer agent, I would have called Club Intrawest direct. A long distance phone call to Canada does not cost that much money.

Last edited:

ROCKJenkins

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Unanwsered Questions

Mary,

Club Intrawest's Contract Department emailed me six or seven times with answers to my questions and were sending me the same information they were sending the Tittle Company. When Peja from Club Intrawest called me from Canada several times to try and explain why the six different CONTRACTS so far sent from the Tittle Companies were INCORRECT I started getting involved.
According to the Tittle Company's management; my eleventh month involvement just made things worse. But; after eleven months and some urging from Club Intrawest I felt I had no choice but to get more involved.

As I have said; most of the problem as far as I could see was the lack of communication from the Title Company that did not answer their phone nor answered my questions I sent via email.

A week after I gave permission to the Broker to cancel the purchase, I had a very educational phone call with the Broker who answered all of the my un-answered questions I had been leaving on answering machines and electronic mail.

It would sure be interesting to hear from the party who just won the 150 points on Ebay how smooth their purchase goes ..... for them.

RockJenkins

MaryH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Try to see if you leave a feedback and/or try and message them ...

ROCKJenkins

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'll never have *ALL* the anwers

Mary,

I'm not sure what you last message said Mary.

Let this be my very last comment on this eleven month nightmare......

Even with the mentioned phone call with the Broker I've still have a lot of questions that could have been only answered with Intrawest, title company, me and the broker on a conference call; .. questions like .. who really had my deposit when Club Intrawest made their final decision on ROFR .. CLUB INTRAWEST . OR . THE TITLE COMPANY...? The broker sez THEY HAD MY MONEY and they say I'd get 100% of my deposit back from them. Club Intrawest said they WOULD HAVE MY MONEY and they would have returned only 40% of my deposit.

RockJenkins

Last edited: