• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2008] Anyone hear of Leisure Getaways, Inc.?

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
LGI has a horrible transaction related reputation, albeit a dues paying member of ARDA, which has the reputation of being developer controlled, lobbying in favor of the developers and management companies, occasionally fighting for owners rights if their is an ancillary benefit to the developer.

IMHO LGI recruited attendance by saying ARDA was the presenter, and in other cases that RCI was the presenter, when challenged said Whoops, "we are affiliated"

In the old days AMWAY recruited a bunch of would be MLM millionaires who came up with a recruiting scam where they didn't reveal the name of the company till the end of the medicine show meeting.

It's just plain deceptive , to lie to people as to who they will be meeting with.

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Who hates whom in your post?

I think he's saying that the ARDA hates the transfer companies, sometimes known as Post Card Companies (PCCs).

After all, the PCCs make their living by telling people how valueless timeshares are and posting the TSs for sale for $1 on E-Bay.

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think he's saying that the ARDA hates the transfer companies, sometimes known as Post Card Companies (PCCs).

After all, the PCCs make their living by telling people how valueless timeshares are and posting the TSs for sale for $1 on E-Bay.

Because after letting them join and pay dues, they found out that they are a burden the HOA's which are a major profit center for the Wyndham's and other large developers

LGI

Reaction score
Leisure Getaways Inc

In regards to internet sales of timeshares prior to 9/1/13 offered by Leisure Getaways Incorporated-

Dear internet consumer,
There is no question that we have experienced our fair share of growing pains over the past couple of years; it is to be expected yet not accepted for the incredible volume we have experienced. While we have had negative reviews attributed to items beyond our control some have been the result of poor communication and/or a breakdown in the membership process leading to unacceptable delay for our consumers. If you have not received your membership/deed and it has been past 120 days since the inception of your purchase please contact 281 825 3844 in regards to the guaranteed delivery of your deed/membership.

LGI

Reaction score
In regards to internet sales of timeshares prior to 9/1/13 offered by Leisure Getaways Incorporated-

Dear internet consumer,
There is no question that we have experienced our fair share of growing pains over the past couple of years; it is to be expected yet not accepted for the incredible volume we have experienced. While we have had negative reviews attributed to items beyond our control some have been the result of poor communication and/or a breakdown in the membership process leading to unacceptable delay for our consumers. If you have not received your membership/deed and it has been past 120 days since the inception of your purchase please contact 281 825 3844 in regards to the guaranteed delivery of your deed/membership.

sjuhawk_jd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Excuse: Death of a relative (mostly wife)

How many of you have received emails about the recent death of a relative as an excuse from the principals at this company for not responding?

LGI

Reaction score
Reply to suhawk_jd

How many of you have received emails about the recent death of a relative as an excuse from the principals at this company for not responding?

Is there something you would like help with, if so contact myself directly at 281-825-3844. Thank you for your time and we look forward to working with you!

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
Finally got my HGVC unit!!

Well here is an update. Paid LGI back in August of 2012 for an ebay auction that I won. Have tried for over a YEAR to get my unit transferred to my name. After trying for a year I pretty much gave up hope as I have never had the deed mailed to me. At one point over a week I was able to talk to Brian that my deed was sent in and recorded in march of 2013. I asked for a copy but never got copy of the deed, Called and tried again in August of 2013 and got no where with leaving messages and such. A few months ago I just plain wrote it off and accepted that as a lesson learned.

This month while paying my HGVC m/f for 2014 I noticed that I got one deed that did not come with the rest. Had no deed for this maintenance fee bill and the names on the bill had my middle name which the other 8 deeds do not have. Called HGVC and they verified that my long lost purchase was recorded in my name a YEAR AND 4 MONTHS LATER! So I can say finally after 16 months I have finally received the timeshare that I paid LGI for. I am happy that I got the unit. I am not happy with the lack of communication and the LIES that told to me for over a year. Hope everyone that have dealt with LGI gets what they paid for. All I can say is that I am glad I actually got my timeshare. :eek::eek:

Larry M

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for this thread

As a frequent TUG viewer I've learned to be suspicious of any timeshare cold-calls I receive. Often when I start asking questions like "What is the name of your company?" they become evasive or combative.

Today I had a call from a company which started out implying they were associated with RCI. After repeatedly questioning the caller she admitted that she was employed to recruit guests for LGI. I explained that there were so many unscrupulous people associated with timeshares that I had to be cautious. She insisted I had nothing to fear--that all she was offering was a free dinner.

Since I was sitting in front of the computer I asked her to hold while I checked LGI at the Better Business Bureau. She immediately responded that she couldn't wait and would call me back in an hour. I found this thread and a couple of other negative threads like p*****d-off-consumer.com, as well as the BBB to be prepared. She hasn't called back.

Robert D

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Acobbfan

FYI, Leisure Getaways sells the timeshares they take in under the Ebay name of acobbfan. They may have other Ebay ID's but this is the only one I know of. I bought a low cost timeshare from them and the deal went through without a problem but I ended up drafting the deed and emailed it to them to speed up the transaction and it all worked. My sense of it is that they are overwhelmed with the number of timeshares they take in and they say that closing will take 3-6 months.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
FYI, Leisure Getaways sells the timeshares they take in under the Ebay name of acobbfan. They may have other Ebay ID's but this is the only one I know of. I bought a low cost timeshare from them and the deal went through without a problem but I ended up drafting the deed and emailed it to them to speed up the transaction and it all worked. My sense of it is that they are overwhelmed with the number of timeshares they take in and they say that closing will take 3-6 months.

I bailed on a bid to ACobbFan. Thank goodness.

Robert D

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I've bought another timeshare from Acobbfan on Ebay on May 29 and also drafted and emailed the deed to them for it. The deed got recorded earlier this week and a copy is on the way to the HOA for transfer. Thus far, my experience with them has been fine. I like the fact that they post a copy of the estoppel letter on Ebay so you can tell what you're getting. I think they are definitely legit but overwhelmed by the volume of timeshares they are taking in.

Egret1986

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I bought a timeshare from this eBay Seller and LGI last May and no recorded deed

This has been ongoing trying to get a timeshare that I purchased last May. This group obviously can't handle the transaction with the County. I have bought and resold timeshares in this County previously. Never has it taken over a year to get the County to record a deed. However, LGI still hasn't been able to get the deed recorded. Some time back after communicating back and forth by email with the person handling the closing and transfer, I decided that a year is too long. When I purchased the timeshare with 2016 use for week 26, I never anticipated this transfer would not be completed by the use week. :doh:

I have indicated over the last several weeks that I no longer want this timeshare. I finally got a call about the transaction from Carl at LGI. I returned his call. He indicated that he saw where I had bought six timeshares in the past from them. "Timeshares in this County are no longer being accepted by our company because of the County's requirements." "Rachael has put a lot of work into this." blah, blah, blah. "What if I give you another timeshare for free?" On and on and on.

I told him "no". I don't want another timeshare. I don't want this timeshare. I told him this several times, yet got no where. He just kept rattling off the same thing. "We're just about there on this." "We'll get the seller to make you a reservation for the week." "Rachael has put a lot of time into this." I have no reason to believe that I will ever see my funds.

However, I want to ensure that this timeshare is not recorded in my name and transferred to me through Defender Resorts. Naturally, I don't trust them to do what I have requested.

LGI posted on this thread as a Guest back in 2013. No posts since that time.

Any suggestions? I am thinking that perhaps writing the County Register of Deeds and Defender Resorts to apprise them of the issue with these folks, that they are not on the "up and up". Any thoughts on that?

uscav8r

TUG Member
Reaction score
This has been ongoing trying to get a timeshare that I purchased last May. This group obviously can't handle the transaction with the County. I have bought and resold timeshares in this County previously. Never has it taken over a year to get the County to record a deed. However, LGI still hasn't been able to get the deed recorded. Some time back after communicating back and forth by email with the person handling the closing and transfer, I decided that a year is too long. When I purchased the timeshare with 2016 use for week 26, I never anticipated this transfer would not be completed by the use week. :doh:

I have indicated over the last several weeks that I no longer want this timeshare. I finally got a call about the transaction from Carl at LGI. I returned his call. He indicated that he saw where I had bought six timeshares in the past from them. "Timeshares in this County are no longer being accepted by our company because of the County's requirements." "Rachael has put a lot of work into this." blah, blah, blah. "What if I give you another timeshare for free?" On and on and on.

I told him "no". I don't want another timeshare. I don't want this timeshare. I told him this several times, yet got no where. He just kept rattling off the same thing. "We're just about there on this." "We'll get the seller to make you a reservation for the week." "Rachael has put a lot of time into this." I have no reason to believe that I will ever see my funds.

However, I want to ensure that this timeshare is not recorded in my name and transferred to me through Defender Resorts. Naturally, I don't trust them to do what I have requested.

LGI posted on this thread as a Guest back in 2013. No posts since that time.

Any suggestions? I am thinking that perhaps writing the County Register of Deeds and Defender Resorts to apprise them of the issue with these folks, that they are not on the "up and up". Any thoughts on that?

I emailed him directly and included a link to the Carl Rash/LGI post I made on TUG. He got on it after I made a loud enough complaint on public boards.

There is also the Better Business Bureau.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
It would seem that the county has seen a lot of bad deeds from this company and is now simply rejecting them for recording? Not sure that talking with the county recorder will help, it certainly won't help the deed get recorded. It seems that the company is already on the outs with the county, so you won't be able to make them look any worse. One other thing is that the county probably doesn't care anyway, if you could find someone to talk to, they would move on to the next task in a few minutes and probably do nothing with what you have told them.

uscav8r

TUG Member
Reaction score
Would you happen to have his direct email address available?

I'd have to see if I can find his contact info as it has been a few years. I also PM'd his TUG ID:

LGICustomerCare

Egret1986

TUG Member
Reaction score
You're right on all that, I'm sure.

It would seem that the county has seen a lot of bad deeds from this company and is now simply rejecting them for recording? Not sure that talking with the county recorder will help, it certainly won't help the deed get recorded. It seems that the company is already on the outs with the county, so you won't be able to make them look any worse. One other thing is that the county probably doesn't care anyway, if you could find someone to talk to, they would move on to the next task in a few minutes and probably do nothing with what you have told them.

Yesterday, I emailed the closing agent and put a link to this TUG thread.

She said that when I first contacted them to stop the transfer that they stopped working on it. She can't assist me further she wrote because she's just a closing agent, not the boss.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I thought about sending a PM, but then thought.....naw, he hasn't posted anything since 2013. But, can't hurt.

Some people have email alerts setup to receive an email when they receive a PM. So there is still a chance it would be seen.

allsmiles277

Reaction score
I have had pretty good luck with Legacy with 2 purchases

I just wanted to let people know that I have had 2 closings with Legacy and they turned out just fine. They do not communicate like I would like but the transactions did close and I was happy even though I did wait longer than I thought I would have to wait. I am in a closing right now with Legacy and you just have to be patient. The biggest issue is timely communication. I have no idea why they choose to communicate very little. I suggest just being patient even though I know that is hard to do. In the final analysis I have had 2 successful closings so far and look forward to my 3rd closing soon. I am not a patient person but it does take time to get this done but I still wish they would be more proactive about communication. Again be patient that is all I can recommend.

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Huh?

I just wanted to let people know that I have had 2 closings with Legacy and they turned out just fine. They do not communicate like I would like but the transactions did close and I was happy even though I did wait longer than I thought I would have to wait. I am in a closing right now with Legacy and you just have to be patient. <snip>

Who or what is "Legacy"? --- and what do they have to do with this thread? :confused::shrug::confused:

This thread has (...until now) discussed Leisure Getaways, Inc. Are you suggesting that "Legacy" and "Leisure Getaways Inc." are related and / or one and the same --- or are you actually talking about an entirely different and unrelated entity?

Last edited:

Robert D

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Legacy Adventures is the company that owns Leisure Getaways. My guess is Leisure Getaways is just a dba.

Sapper

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Just a heads up, this person / group is back on eBay as timesharediscounts2 / Doug Menjivar.

They are also using global title group llc / globaltitlegroupllc@gmail.com. Phone 210-875-6172