• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2012] [Access Travel Network] RCI scam [merged]

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
he told me that he already had people ready to rent the weeks that he wants me to buy.

This lie is a direct contradiction to the terms and conditions they list on their website.

"Terms and Conditions

Access Travel Network is a For Rent cooperative advertising company that is not a real estate broker. The cooperative advertising program involves pooling advertising resources with those of other lessors to maximize exposure to potential renters of your vacation property. Access Travel Network is not involved in any negotiation for rent, closing or procuring of buyers; and Access Travel Network forwards all inquiries about your vacation property directly to you and allows you to negotiate the rental of your vacation property without the involvement of any broker and without any commission.

Access Travel Network cannot and does not appraise the value or rental price of your timeshare property. The rental price of your property has been established by you, the owner, and Access Travel Network has made no representations as to the rental price that you may receive.

Although, the services we provide allow for a worldwide audience of prospective renters to view and review your timeshare interest and its rental rates, amenities, and location, Access Travel Network advertising program does not have a specific renter at the present time.

Access Travel Network is not affiliated with your resort, or any third party organization, and is not a real estate broker, so you will be negotiating directly with the potential renter for the rental price.

Access Travel Network has made no representations as to the period of time that it will take to rent your timeshare, the success rate of our advertising program, or the rental price that you may receive. Market conditions, and the size, location determines the marketing period and rental price of the week that you desire to rent. Because we are an advertising company, and are not involved in the rental, or the negotiation for rental, we are unable to provide you with statistics of the percentage of rentals as a result of our advertising program. Our advertisers typically do not inform us when their timeshare is rented.

Owners right of cancellation of the transaction authorized and verified is seven (7) days, prior to contract being signed, from the date set forth below (representing the date services began) after which time any and all monies paid to Access Travel Network are non-refundable."

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
Name change

where did BayAreaKid go that had such a great experience with them? I was sure hoping to get the girlfriend's uncle's cousin's phone number so I could also collect the $14k (after expenses).

It looks like he changed his name to Sullt254

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
I just go a call from a Mario Rivera and he called me from 407 956 3405

Not surprised but that phone number is an internet phone (not a landline). He could be calling from ANYWHERE in this world.

I've never seen so much evidence of a scam on one particular company. Despite all these RED FLAGS, some people, like sullt254, still WANT to believe they are legit. That or this person is simply another SHILL.

Last edited:

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I'm voting shill

Not surprised but that phone number is an internet phone (not a landline). He could be calling from ANYWHERE in this world.

I've never seen so much evidence of a scam on one particular company. Despite all these RED FLAGS, some people, like sullt254, still WANT to believe they are legit. That or this person is simply another SHILL.

BayAreaKid got exposed quickly so I think this is his new identity and he won't be quoting friends and relatives because he can't provide the proof.

It's very clear this company must be avoided if only because of the illegality of selling the bonus weeks.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score

This is nothing. Go to the Mexico forum and read the long thread on the Belair resort.

CitrusFlyer

Reaction score
First time poster here, awesome website!

I got the call a few hours ago regarding this deal of a lifetime. Of course I was skeptical but listened to the pitch anyways. As I was on the phone I Googled their company and arrived at this thread on the TUG site. It just confirmed what I already figured. After I hung up I called RCI and spoke to someone there who said they had received several calls about this and it was in their opinion a scam. I then called Orange lake where I have my ts and asked how Access receives timeshare info. The rep told me that it's public info as we are deeded owners, so all these scammers have to do is go through the records for info so they are well informed when they call. I would like to thank the others on here who have replied, good info to share.

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Good for you

First time poster here, awesome website!

I got the call a few hours ago regarding this deal of a lifetime. Of course I was skeptical but listened to the pitch anyways. As I was on the phone I Googled their company and arrived at this thread on the TUG site. It just confirmed what I already figured. After I hung up I called RCI and spoke to someone there who said they had received several calls about this and it was in their opinion a scam. I then called Orange lake where I have my ts and asked how Access receives timeshare info. The rep told me that it's public info as we are deeded owners, so all these scammers have to do is go through the records for info so they are well informed when they call. I would like to thank the others on here who have replied, good info to share.

I'm glad you found this site before you gave them any money.

I always wondered how I keep getting all these post cards and phone calls. You just cleared that up for me.

See, we help each other here, come back often.

beenthere

Reaction score
beenthere

:confused: Hi, I'm new to this timeshare stuff and not to thrilled about having one anymore, but I had someone call me from Access Travel Network telling me that I had 12 extra getaway weeks with RCI. She told me that my exchange fee would be $149 per week and if I'd sign over these 12 weeks and pay the total exchange fee for all 12 weeks( around $1,700) Then she could promise me that i would recieve $1,500 per week in return( $18,000) when the company she works for books my weeks for the upcoming NASCAR race in Daytona. I can't help but feel that this is a SCAM. They stated that they were licensed, insured, and bonded but it does't add up to me. PLEASE someone help!!!

I had the same phone call. I called RCI and they told me I did not have 12 extra getaway weeks. I believe it is a scam.

pdjensen

Reaction score
Cheers

Thanks all for your input. You all just saved me some money (and embarrassment) I got the call yesterday from Access Travel, same scam.
So thanks again all...

P

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
They stated that they were licensed, insured, and bonded

That is probably all true.... They are licensed to steal. They have insurance on their 1987 Hyundai Excel. They were bonded out on their last arrest.

wayward1

Reaction score
Refund?

Hi all

I'm in the same boat and they debited my visa for $1490USD. Anybody know if i can get out of this as I have not signed any contract with them?

There was something about 7 days to cancel in Florida state law. Visa has opened a case but it sounds questionable whether i will see a penny.
Any positive thoughts?:crash:

timeos2

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Hi all

I'm in the same boat and they debited my visa for $1490USD. Anybody know if i can get out of this as I have not signed any contract with them?

There was something about 7 days to cancel in Florida state law. Visa has opened a case but it sounds questionable whether i will see a penny.
Any positive thoughts?:crash:

For what it's worth here's a well wish that you get your money back as Visa should see this isn't a legit charge. Good luck - hope you prevail against these scam artists!

Sean17

Reaction score
Access travel network

Just got a call from these guys.....apparently there doesn't seem to be anything good to be said about this company........thanks for the heads up .

fluxmn

TUG Member
Reaction score
They are still at it

I just got a call from Access Travel Network with the same sales pitch. Told them to get lost.

Thanks for all the info.

Ed

mixyll

Reaction score
Legit Company but more Marketing

The Access Travel Network is a legit company - they are marketing to 'rent' your timeshare but I would not put any stock in their 'Offers'.

Company info ([link deleted]

Access Travel Network is a For Rent cooperative advertising company that is not a real estate broker. The cooperative advertising program involves pooling advertising resources with those of other lessors to maximize exposure to potential renters of your vacation property. Access Travel Network is not involved in any negotiation for rent, closing or procuring of buyers; and Access Travel Network forwards all inquiries about your vacation property directly to you and allows you to negotiate the rental of your vacation property without the involvement of any broker and without any commission.

Access Travel Network cannot and does not appraise the value or rental price of your timeshare property. The rental price of your property has been established by you, the owner, and Access Travel Network has made no representations as to the rental price that you may receive.

Although, the services we provide allow for a worldwide audience of prospective renters to view and review your timeshare interest and its rental rates, amenities, and location, Access Travel Network advertising program does not have a specific renter at the present time.

Access Travel Network is not affiliated with your resort, or any third party organization, and is not a real estate broker, so you will be negotiating directly with the potential renter for the rental price.

Access Travel Network has made no representations as to the period of time that it will take to rent your timeshare, the success rate of our advertising program, or the rental price that you may receive. Market conditions, and the size, location determines the marketing period and rental price of the week that you desire to rent. Because we are an advertising company, and are not involved in the rental, or the negotiation for rental, we are unable to provide you with statistics of the percentage of rentals as a result of our advertising program. Our advertisers typically do not inform us when their timeshare is rented.

Owners right of cancellation of the transaction authorized and verified is seven (7) days, prior to contract being signed, from the date set forth below (representing the date services began) after which time any and all monies paid to Access Travel Network are non-refundable.

Last edited by a moderator:

JoeGhost

Reaction score
Access Travel scam now using Interval International too

I received a call from these scammers today, but they claimed Interval International as the source of the "Getaway Weeks" that I was supposedly entitled to. DO NOT fall for these sams -- there is no "free lunch" folks !!

Dragonmaster

Reaction score
Im not usually one to respond to forum threads but I had to set the record straight. I was approached by travel access network in october concerning these extra vacation getaways. I too was suspicious thinking that what they said made sense but was "too good to be true." but in speaking with my agent he named off a couple companies that he said he did business with. It just so happened that one company he named they did business with was a company my nieces husband worked for. So I called him to verify being he worked under the VP of marketing in north America being he could get me answers. Well behold to my surprise he did verify that this company was under contract and that Access Travel network did do the corporate lodging for the company. So I decided to go forward with the program and I can tel you I did receive the cashiers check as I was promised. It did take close to 90 days(which they stipulated) but I have nothing but a great experience. I have referred them to my brother as well as a couple people from my church and2 of them have been paid and 2 others are in the process of doing it now. I was skeptical being I had gone with a listing company and had $ taken from me and without the verification from my nephew would have not done this. Most of these companies are ones to definitely be aware of but I have to say this company followed thru. Now as most will bash a company without knowing the facts (as I see on this thread no one has actually gone thru with this company and NOT receive the services- they are throwing around assumptions that this is just another company up to old tricks) make sure your decisions are made from what people know for sure not for what apple may think will happen. For once there is a company doing as they said they will and they should be applauded . Especially in an industry where most that approach you will be doing it to only take advantage!
If you get a call from American Vacations group it is a scam. I just got screwed out of $3000. I hope Access Travel Network is not a scam. If they had called me after i just found out about American Vacations I would have hung up on them.

splyoeono

Reaction score
Scam

I did not sign the contract and called my bank right away. But still will hope I can get my money bank. They called me, and then I called Interval International and they said I am no longer a member. So I have nothing to sell them. :mad: WHere did they get my informaiton????

D

ddot8075

All Bs

[Shill post deleted - DeniseM Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:

varionj

TUG Member
Reaction score
Getting "Big Bucks" from RCI exchange certificates

I've been getting calls from a Co. named Travel Network, which is offering to rent to Corporations like Microsoft and CocaCola as many as 12 exchange certificates a year issued to me by RCI; all for the booking fee of $149.00 ea. which is guaranteed if for some reason they don't rent the unit. They claim that the rent moneys collected from this rentals, which may range anywhere between $1000 to $1500 per week, will be remitted to me as profit.
To me this sounds "too Good" a deal to be real.
Does any own have any experience with this "offer"?
Are they legit?
Thanks.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Thanks - I have merged this post with the thread referenced above.

Dragonmaster

Reaction score
I've been getting calls from a Co. named Travel Network, which is offering to rent to Corporations like Microsoft and CocaCola as many as 12 exchange certificates a year issued to me by RCI; all for the booking fee of $149.00 ea. which is guaranteed if for some reason they don't rent the unit. They claim that the rent moneys collected from this rentals, which may range anywhere between $1000 to $1500 per week, will be remitted to me as profit.
To me this sounds "too Good" a deal to be real.
Does any own have any experience with this "offer"?
Are they legit?
Thanks.
It's a scam. I got the same call and was stupid to send it.:mad:

Dragonmaster

Reaction score
Here is a sample of the "fun" you will have if you give this scam any money.

http://www.ripoffreport.com/telemar...etwor/access-travel-network-offered-7602a.htm
I'm glad you got your money back. I had no such luck because my 7 days passed and I did file a complaint with the credit card company and they said the charge will stay because I didn't contact them in 7 days.

For other people that are going to read this: YOU DO NOT HAVE 10 OR 12 EXTRA WEEKS TO SELL. You can check with RCI or your timeshare company. I wish I did.

Also if you did have those extra weeks and they sell your weeks and give you the money how does the resort get paid? I wish I had thought about it before I lost my money.