• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2012 ] Fairmont / Sunchaser / Northwynd official thread with lawsuit info!

Reaction score
Do you think the 26.8% is a way of charging us legal fees and then we are getting charged again as you stated in your post?
I think every way NM is going after us - including the 20% surcharge to settle - is about collecting money to pay its huge debts of which legal fees are a portion.

Reaction score
I have no legal experience and I am lost in this whole situation. I live in the States so going to the court house is not an option for me. Can someone walk me through what I need to do and can do from here in the States. I am panicking I am sure, but I can not afford to pay this settlement. If someone walks me through what I need to do I will do it. Thank you

Reaction score
I have no legal experience and I am lost in this whole situation. I live in the States so going to the court house is not an option for me. Can someone walk me through what I need to do and can do from here in the States. I am panicking I am sure, but I can not afford to pay this settlement. If someone walks me through what I need to do I will do it. Thank you
What about consulting a lawyer who knows about handling a statement of claim filed against you in Canada and whether a judgment in Canada can be enforced against you in the USA.

CleoB

Reaction score
Absolutely it does. If this is true this means they can not try to mirror the 2003 and contracts prior to. That means the Vacation Villa Leases are not mirrored to JKEs Contract which was ridiculous. Is this for sure? How can we find this out. Is it true they are also adding on to the Timeshare owners that cancelled and also charging the Special Assessment. Can you copy this and put on Tug or Facebook. I will be working for weeks with the anti fraud division with the RCMP and it would be nice to also report this Thank you. We all have to get after the government they are the ones that created this by not having regulations in place what these New owners have to follow. We are not criminals because we bought a timeshare. They are part of the Canadian Consumer Handbook and we are consumers and do not be afraid of government and demand that you are looked after. They created this by leaving the door opened for these criminals to scam innocent Canadians and Americans for millions. The other product that the government should never allowed was the Legacy for Life. These type of timeshares are illegal in every country except for Canada. How could they sell this saying the buildings were in great shape and 3 years later start the Freedom to Choose. Buy the end of the day we will have sent out many documents and letters to the top government MPS and we start at 4:30 am. So get mad and do not let up with these governments.
I wasn't part of the Legacy for Life but if you have documentation on when they were selling the LFL and documentation that in 2012/13 they were asking for the RPF, I would certainly think that is fraud.

den403

Reaction score
So if we opted for option 1,there is no recourse?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
But if we know someone that signed option 1 with 3 emails from MG stating he would not sign on their behalf and got their papers anyhow....where does that leave them?
They also told him they would not agree to any settlement until they had their invoice in their hands and had a chance to review it as that was good business practice. Still got them
They think they have some letters to write

Last edited:

torqued

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sunchaser
I’m in the states as well. I have a time share attorney reviewing this for me. I should know by early next week if he is willing to help me with this or not. I told his legal assistant that there may be several of us that may utilize his services. I’ll keep you posted

Reaction score
I’m in the states as well. I have a time share attorney reviewing this for me. I should know by early next week if he is willing to help me with this or not. I told his legal assistant that there may be several of us that may utilize his services. I’ll keep you posted
Thank you! I really appreciate how willing people are to help. It means a lot.

mmchili

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you want officials to read and understand your letter - this is how to write it:

Topic sentence - the first sentence should clearly and briefly state the purpose of the letter. In the same paragraph you can introduce yourself and your relationship to the issue.

The 2nd paragraph should clearly and briefly state the issues/problems. If there is more than one, make a bulleted list.

The 3rd paragraph should clearly and briefly state what action you are requesting.

Officials will not read a long winded letter - be as brief as you can. Half a page is ideal, two pages should be maximum.

Correct spelling and punctuation impress the reader, and they make your letter easier to understand. Use spell check and have someone who is a good writer check your letter for you.

Broke Mama

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sunchaser
We are also looking for timeshare attorney in spokane washington. We have a group of us interested in talking to someone about our rights.

Tanny13

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
FAIRMONT, Marriott
Do you think the 26.8% is a way of charging us legal fees and then we are getting charged again as you stated in your post?

I think 26.8% is just a total money grab, then legal fees and costs on top of that...

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
From my law school days, I am reminded of the saying "while every case has a winner or loser, the attorneys always get paid".

Hey lady

Reaction score
So if we opted for option 1,there is no recourse?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
My lawyer is confused by the SIF. By signing the SIF option 1, on the face it is binding. Yet Geldert gave a deadline of Dec 27 to opt out. Communication from G
Every one should wait for a subpoena and go to the court house and fill out the paper at the court house and represent yourself. You have a right to do this and this will load the courts up for years.
Spark1 Northmont sought approval from the court to bind everyone together (there is a better term) so that we are all lumped together - we cannot go to court independently, Northmont won. Where are you getting your information from that we can tie up the courts for years with independent cases. Spark1, I hope you are right - show me the ruling.

Hey lady

Reaction score
I wasn't part of the Legacy for Life but if you have documentation on when they were selling the LFL and documentation that in 2012/13 they were asking for the RPF, I would certainly think that is fraud.
I bought a VIA in 2010, which is a Legacy for Life - it's a point base system. Of course I got an invoice t
o stay or leave.

Hey lady

Reaction score
But if we signed option 1 with 3 emails from MG stating he would not sign on our behalf and got our papers anyhow....where does that leave us?
We also told him we would not agree to any settlement until we had our invoice in our hands and had a chance to review it as that was good business practice. Still got them
I got some letters to write
To me, Geldert was "grasping at straws" to have people in the option 1 category to the point of taking verbal instructions, instead of confirming written email instructions.

marcthe12

Reaction score
The courts desision will affect all time owners in Canada in the future
We need to lobby the political system to have check and balances like a condo board does

Petus@18

Reaction score
Everytime we email or call Geldert he will charge us for it

Well, he has stabbed us so many times, in this year alone, that there is no more blood in our bodies left for him to take.

Sorry MG there is no more blood supply! @ #

Last edited:

Spark1

Reaction score
But if we signed option 1 with 3 emails from MG stating he would not sign on our behalf and got our papers anyhow....where does that leave us?
We also told him we would not agree to any settlement until we had our invoice in our hands and had a chance to review it as that was good business practice. Still got them
I got some letters to write
Take this to Service Alberta or B.C. Protection

Spark1

Reaction score
I agree with you Spark 1 and I know you have devoted literally years to this and I sympathize so much. What has surprised me greatly is that no agency, no authority has stepped up to support us in this. As far as I can tell, only one young woman with her talk show. I have written many letters - nothing. We are hung out to dry. Wrong and right had no place in our legal system. Double speak, vague language, manipulation in court is what counted. I would have thought Canada was better than this. I was wrong.
I truly feel the Judges Lawyers Norton Rose and the Trustee are the same people in B.C. that took the Rancho Banderas in Mexico timeshare people down. Every one what is important is your Contracts and this unilateral amendment of contracts. I have no Lawyer so the only one that can represent is me. Every one send them a bill if they took the right to use from you and charge them for the years you lost because of Freedom to Choose. We do not live in a dictatorship and do not let Wankel abuse you. I am surprised something has no happened with all the pressure this has created. Blame the government timeshare is controlled by the government and ask them where is my protection from the Supplier Fraud and Scam?

mmchili

TUG Member
Reaction score
Re: Post 2948 & 2950 - It does not make sense that Northmont would charge both a Cancellation Fee and a Renovation project Fee. It is one or the other plus maintenance fees in arrears prior to 2013 and after 2013 plus interest.

melamike

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sunchase
The courts desision will affect all time owners in Canada in the future
We need to lobby the political system to have check and balances like a condo board does

Write again to the MP's and MLA's. ( MPP's in Ontario) - don't just write to your own representative, send to as many as you can but address and send each person as if it is a personal letter, not a mass email.

I wrote to several already and have had some written responses and phone calls, but basically I've been told that they can't get involved. Well......I'm going to write again and strongly remind them that yes they can get involved and in fact it IS their job to do so. They write the laws that allow these things to happen, they for sure need to be involved in the resolution. That's supposedly why we voted them in and why we pay their wages - they work for us.