• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2012 ] Fairmont / Sunchaser / Northwynd official thread with lawsuit info!

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts

Spark1

Reaction score
You have to know more than what Northmont did. What do you know about the Vacation Villa Lease contract? Northmont can not just say they did a modification or a unilateral ammendments to our Contracts without contacting the time owners first. Read items 37,38 and this is what they had to follow before they sent out emails. They did not and this is a breach of our Lease contracts. Many time owners do not own computers and would not even know how to turn one on. I never new about this until I received a email from MG which pertained to MLT AIKINS report Nov.06/2017. Our contracts were signed and witnessed and are legal documents that must also be honoured my Northmont as well as ourselves. The new law in Alberta Bill 31 was probably acted on because of companies like Northmont Northwynd. Check things out before you comment please.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
You have to know more than what Northmont did. What do you know about the Vacation Villa Lease contract? Northmont can not just say they did a modification or a unilateral ammendments to our Contracts without contacting the time owners first. Read items 37,38 and this is what they had to follow before they sent out emails. They did not and this is a breach of our Lease contracts. Many time owners do not own computers and would not even know how to turn one on. I never new about this until I received a email from MG which pertained to MLT AIKINS report Nov.06/2017. Our contracts were signed and witnessed and are legal documents that must also be honoured my Northmont as well as ourselves. The new law in Alberta Bill 31 was probably acted on because of companies like Northmont Northwynd. Check things out before you comment please.

Spark1 .... All I did was respond to Cleo's request for a copy of the VIA - without any other comment - so I am not sure why your argumentative post is called for. Because I made no comment.

And while you are entitled to your opinion on the legality of the situation, as I have said before - the issues you raise have utterly failed in the court of law. But you are entitled to your opinion. Now there is my comment, if you want to argue the fine points.

Last edited:

Spark1

Reaction score
Spark1 .... All I did was respond to Cleo's request for a copy of the VIA - without any other comment - so I am not sure why your argumentative post is called for. Because I made no comment.

And while you are entitled to your opinion on the legality of the situation, as I have said before - the issues you raise have utterly failed in the court of law. But you are entitled to your opinion. Now there is my comment, if you want to argue the fine points.
This issue has not been raised? I only know one contract and that is the one we signed when we bought this timeshare.

Tanny13

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
FAIRMONT, Marriott
In light of Northmont's appeal of Judge Young's decision re interest and costs, I am meeting with a well versed litigation lawyer, in Edmonton, this week. As those of you in Option 2 should know, we were supposed to receive the names of all the 76 people who have not yet settled, so that we could potentially go to court on May 10, as a group, and fight our case. It seems that May 3 is now the deadline for sending our forms allowing Strathcona Law to release our information to the others, which does not leave us any time to try to work together. I have a partial list to which I sent an email today. If you did not receive an email and you are interested in joining a group to work with a lawyer on our appeal of Judge Young's original decision (trying to find a way to present new evidence lacking in our original trials) and Northmont's appeal of Judge Young's decision on interest and costs, please respond to "thebestboy@me.com". Thanks!

CleoB

Reaction score

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
This issue has not been raised? I only know one contract and that is the one we signed when we bought this timeshare.

And the court has ruled that when you signed that contract you also entered into a timeshare estate that allows your rights to be modified without your specific consent. In multiple cases and on appeal.

One datapoint might be that we are having this discussion on the Timeshare Users Group website. Not the Commercial Property forum of Realtor.com.

Spark1

Reaction score
And the court has ruled that when you signed that contract you also entered into a timeshare estate that allows your rights to be modified without your specific consent. In multiple cases and on appeal.

One datapoint might be that we are having this discussion on the Timeshare Users Group website. Not the Commercial Property forum of Realtor.com.
Your Wrong.

CleoB

Reaction score
Our contracts were changed to mirror Jeke as per John Alexander and M.G. I forget now what transcript this is in but it is there IMO M.G. fought the battle for J.B. Jeke contract allowed interest of 2% per month thus the reason for the rate is my understanding. We paid the extortion and now much of this I have lost on the passage of time. I will however never forget how this 40 grand extortion had changed our lives forever.
At the super conference John Alexander persuaded the judges that for all purposes at trial every contract mirrored JEKE so judges only had to look at JEKE contract. In order to expedient the trial our contracts were looked at as mirroring JEKE but that does not give Northmount the right to change our contract without our approval.

CleoB

Reaction score
Aren't they referring to the Resort that's to the east of Mountainside golf course, regarding the expansion?

Huckleberry

Reaction score
Your Wrong.

Spark1 please stop beating up on ecwinch. I for one appreciate his points he brings up on this and find them helpful.

It's ok to disagree with him, but please do it in a respectful way and through reasoning and logical points. Just saying "your wrong" seems confrontational and doesn't explain or represent a point of view.

dotbuhler

Reaction score
Aren't they referring to the Resort that's to the east of Mountainside golf course, regarding the expansion?
The resort areas are indicated on the map that is included. Because zoning affects all the designated resort types it only makes sense that the existing timeshares are included.

LilMaggie

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I own Nothing!
Hi Eric. Deja vu or Groundhog Day 100 pages back? Thanks for checking back in.

Tanny13 is getting folks together that are working on an active appeal relating to interest and costs and that sounds like a great place to put some collective energy about now. The appeal is only 1 month away!

MgolferL

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fairmont Sunchaser Palm Springs Marriott
For NO other reason than it just showed up.

Dear Mr. .....

Thank you for your correspondence regarding the timeshare special assessment/exit fees being levied by Northmont Resort Properties Ltd. in Fairmont Springs, British Columbia (BC).

While I very much understand the pressing concerns facing you at this time, most issues related to the terms and conditions of the sale of services and goods, including timeshares, fall under provincial rather than federal jurisdiction.

I understand, as well, that this issue has already been subject to judicial determination in the BC courts. If you have not yet done so, you may wish to share your concerns with members of the Legislative Assembly of BC.

Once again, thank you for writing, and please accept my best wishes.

Sincerely,

The Honourable Bardish Chagger, P.C., M.P.

CleoB

Reaction score
In light of Northmont's appeal of Judge Young's decision re interest and costs, I am meeting with a well versed litigation lawyer, in Edmonton, this week. As those of you in Option 2 should know, we were supposed to receive the names of all the 76 people who have not yet settled, so that we could potentially go to court on May 10, as a group, and fight our case. It seems that May 3 is now the deadline for sending our forms allowing Strathcona Law to release our information to the others, which does not leave us any time to try to work together. I have a partial list to which I sent an email today. If you did not receive an email and you are interested in joining a group to work with a lawyer on our appeal of Judge Young's original decision (trying to find a way to present new evidence lacking in our original trials) and Northmont's appeal of Judge Young's decision on interest and costs, please respond to "thebestboy@me.com". Thanks!
So is this for post-2004 people arguing the 26.82%? The pre-2004 people were judged at 5%.

Hey lady

Reaction score
For NO other reason than it just showed up.

Dear Mr. .....

Thank you for your correspondence regarding the timeshare special assessment/exit fees being levied by Northmont Resort Properties Ltd. in Fairmont Springs, British Columbia (BC).

While I very much understand the pressing concerns facing you at this time, most issues related to the terms and conditions of the sale of services and goods, including timeshares, fall under provincial rather than federal jurisdiction.

I understand, as well, that this issue has already been subject to judicial determination in the BC courts. If you have not yet done so, you may wish to share your concerns with members of the Legislative Assembly of BC.

Once again, thank you for writing, and please accept my best wishes.

Sincerely,

The Honourable Bardish Chagger, P.C., M.P.

Received the same letter today - HOWEVER, I did write to this MP at New Years. Took him 4 moths to reply.

CleoB

Reaction score
You are aware that Wankel/Northmont has also launched an Appeal against Judge Young's Decision re: the interest charges?!
Yes, but this is where it confuses me.....am I then appealing NM appeal?

dotbuhler

Reaction score
Yes, but this is where it confuses me.....am I then appealing NM appeal?
No, you are appealing under different grounds because they want the interest rates increased, and you don't. Plus you are appealing the Decision based on an error in facts on the Judge's part.