TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in as a member*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 24 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. TUG is trying out a new program that will trade you a TUG membership for a Timeshare resort review if you are an expired member, or even just a guest here on the forums!

Read more here
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  7. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice

[ 2012 ] Fairmont / Sunchaser / Northwynd official thread with lawsuit info!

Discussion in 'Canada Timesharing' started by htusa2002, Nov 22, 2012.

1. Richard Gotfried

Richard Gotfried Guest

Resorts Owned:
    Fairmont
    Dear TUGBBS Members: I am feeling empowered to be able to make a difference in this dispute, with my only regret being I did not take up the gauntlet on this earlier. It did take me some time, thanks to a few principled and stubborn hold-outs, to get my head around all of the issues here, but now that I have, I am on board to do what I can do ensure you all get a fair shake with respect to objective, independent review of the "mandate and jurisdiction" issue, which in my mind is the first hurdle to overcome. In the meantime, I will work with Truth, and a few other very diligent, principled and stubborn people (including several of my own constituents) to bring my years of business (12 years in the building and development industry, 20 in the international airline industry and now in legislative issues!) , community and persistent, stubborn activist (I was going to use another word here, but in case I might offend anyone I will keep it tame) experience to the table! And note to team....I don't like losing! Let's stay focused on the issues step by step and open some doors of hope for justice, noting we may not like all of the answers we get at each step of the way...but we must take the steps! Follow and LIKE my FB page for updates, with apologies that I have a nomination in play and you may learn more about me and my passion for serving Albertans than you bargained for!

Copy and paste this into your web browser: facebook.com/GotfriedMLA

Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
  2. Richard Gotfried

Richard Gotfried Guest

Resorts Owned:
    Fairmont
    By the way, I am trying to collate as much direct correspondence between Timeshare Unit Holders and either or any of Service Alberta, Minister McLean, Alberta Justice or Minister Ganley on this issue. As we work on this over the summer (to get a meeting AND a review), my plan will be to table a virtual MOUNTAIN of correspondence in support of the issue, or at the very least to show that the Minister was misleading Albertans in saying that she had not been made aware of this issue! Facts and truth will prevail. Thank you!

PS if you could send me as succinct and collated correspondence as possible, scanned letters if available, then that would be great - calgary.fishcreek@assembly.ab.ca

3. truthr

truthr Guest

:hi:Welcome to Tugbbs and a HUGE thank you for taking up the gauntlet. :cheer::banana::wave:
    For those who don't know Richard Gotfried asked for members of our group to attend the legislative assembly on Wednesday, June 6th and a few made themselves available on very short notice.
    Thank you to those who represented us and our plight.:thumbup:

4. LilMaggie

LilMaggie Guest

Resorts Owned:
    Sunchaser Fairmont
    Spark, if you haven't already, please send this letter to minister McLean!

dotbuhler likes this.
  5. Spark1

Spark1 Guest

I sent her more than this letter.

dotbuhler and LilMaggie like this.
  6. aden2

aden2 Guest

If Service Alberta would step forward Northmont Resort Properties would have to be accountable, but since elected in 2015 what has Service Alberta done but state they can not help us.

7. dotbuhler

dotbuhler Guest

...sorry Richard, but I only get an "error page" when I click on the 'view attachment 7031'....is my computer just messing with me or could something need fixing?!

8. truthr

truthr Guest

It seemed okay last night. I have reported it to admin/moderator.

9. aden2

aden2 Guest

We must lobby to have time share contracts for Five (5) years with option to renew. At present these 40 yr contracts are insane. There would be more effort by companies managing the Villas if there was an option to renew every 5 yrs.

10. Lostmyshirt

Lostmyshirt Guest

I have letters back and forth to her back in March 2017. Nobody was listening then. However she WAS aware of this issue for some time.

dotbuhler and Palms to pines like this.
  11. Spark1

Spark1 Guest

Aden 2 what is the best way for me to send you a email or meet with you in Edmonton? Thanks

12. LilMaggie

LilMaggie Guest

Resorts Owned:
    Sunchaser Fairmont
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2018 at 3:08 PM
  13. Spark1

Spark1 Guest

There is a reason why this has happened. Service Alberta did not protect Albertans one bit. Northwynd totally tried to destroy our Lease Contracts by illegal Modifications and Unilateral Amendments to our Contracts and Stephanie McLean allowed this. She allowed this because she should never have been in this position she was in over her head and innocent Lease Time Owners that do not have this property registered in their names at land titles in B.C. got screwed out of millions. This is a big NDP Screw UP.

Appauled, Shake Down and dotbuhler like this.
  14. Spark1

Spark1 Guest

Aden2 my internet dish was down. Did you receive my email?

15. torqued

torqued Guest

Resorts Owned:
    Sunchaser
    I had over an hour with the FBI. Very interesting. What’s happening with Mr Gotfried and Alberta consumer protection??

16. aden2

aden2 Guest

I received references to Merriam and had to research it.

17. LilMaggie

LilMaggie Guest

Resorts Owned:
    Sunchaser Fairmont
    I'm still waiting on my release papers!

18. Spark1

Spark1 Guest

Aden 2 I will try sending it again.

19. Spark1

Spark1 Guest

I used the cloud so it shows that you received the PDF so please let me know and what you think about that one big happy family.

20. Spark1

Spark1 Guest

The Service Alberta Minister resigned. It was to hot in the Kitchen now that we have a United Conservative Party Member fighting on our behave in the House of Commons for us. He was going after her about the unilateral amendments and Modifications to our Contracts. He also was going after her about the unfair Practice was done in Alberta, that being the Freedom to Choose. It does not matter where the resort is located. The Supplier is from Calgary Alberta and the Trustee’s Office is in Calgary. It was a Alberta Judge that gave Fairmont Resort Properties Creditors Protection. This same Judge Awarded the resort to Northwynd. This system they had in place and they are all connected that being Fairmont Resort Properties, the Trusty’s Lawyer Firm, The bond holders that being Northwynd are all connected. Our Trustee was also connected to the owners of the Fairmont Resort thew his Lawyer Firm. One big happy family making Millions. It is simple bankrupt Fairmont and Rafter6, have the resort awarded to the bond holders,set up a trust company being Northwynd. Have Doug Frey go on CTV News and say the Resort was in terrible shape because the Vacation Villa Lease Owners did not pay enough yearly on their maintenance fees. Get our Lawyer Michael Geldert to become their bill collector using the gag order. This brought in millions for Northwynd and their share holders being maybe some of the same names on the Panama papers or the Barbados. Now the millions are coming in make a loan to Kirk Wanko’s numbered company to buy the Hillside buildings. And the Alberta Government says this has nothing to do with them and you have to go after Protection BC and not Service Alberta. The Alberta Government Loves to brag about their Consumer Protection. What Protection? We are Lease Owners not owners of the property. We paid thousands up front to have this right to use timeshare,which refers to a lease-like Agreement. In this type of timeshare your lease expires after a specified time and you have no property ownership rights in the property. The Legacy For Life was set up not so you had a share in the property, it was set up to have a contract that you were responsible for Capital Expenses. This gave Northwynd a location to move our Lease contracts using unilateral amendments and modification without giving us notice according to our Lease Contracts. Now Kirk Wankel wants to charge Legacy owners $3500.00 to get out of this contract because he does not want you as a partner in his extorted Hillside buildings. The Alberta Government failed us and we should of been able to fight this using the Fair Trading ACT.

dotbuhler and Fraud1 like this.
  21. Meow

Meow Guest

Our issue is very low on Service Alberta's priority list. McLean got dumped because she was unable to move effectively on renegotiation of the Alberta SuperNet contract. Now 250,000 rural Albertans are at risk of losing internet service as of June 30. The NDP government and especially Service Alberta is inexperienced and totally inept. We can't expect any improvements to Consumer Protection in Alberta without a government change at next year's election

LilMaggie likes this.