• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2012 ]Note from Orlando Police Department Investigator about Timeshare Resale Scams

sk82day

Reaction score
Time Share scams

Received a phone call from a Mr. K. in the Orlando area "tempting" me to sell my timeshare in the Kissimmee area, a three bedroom lockout, even-year use, at Tempest Palms. I became suspicious when he told me that my T.S. would bring between 15K and 20K because the property was recently acquired by Diamond International.
The company, RNI was not listed on the scam list, though I suspect that it should be.
Just for your information.Selboy

Wow! Got that phone call about a month ago and quickly thought it was ODD that this person had my phone number and knew I had T.S. I am already embarrassed that I even bought the time share from Mystic Dunes, (Now owned by Diamond Int) that scammed me to begin with in 2005.... Now paid in full...$28,000 later! I would like to sell my time share for at least $20k but that seems to be a joke now with the economy as it is and the Maintenance fees are now $980.00 a year! Gone up about $100.00 a year! What a rip-off!

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I would like to sell my time share for at least $20k but that seems to be a joke now with the economy as it is and the Maintenance fees are now $980.00 a year! Gone up about $100.00 a year! What a rip-off!

I don't like being a bearer of bad news, but I doubt you could get as much as $2000 for your timeshare.

litebrite

Banned
Reaction score
You should report your original loss to the Orlando Police Dept. Call the number listed in the original post from Tug Brian.

"So, for those of you who have been victimized by ANY company you think may be linked to Florida, please feel free to call me, Detective Michael Stevens, 407-246-2971, or my partner, Detective Hilary Bledsoe at 407-246-3715, with information. You can of course reach me via TUG."

I can't believe that there are so many scams related to timeshares! It is sad. Luckily there are Detectives, like Detective Stephens that you mentioned, who are willing to help with all the scammers.

Michael Davis

Reaction score
Customer Satisfied & Info Untrue

Hey guys,

Shortly after this woman entered all of our personal information onto the TUG website we were able to speak with her. Her money was not taken nor was anyone else's. We were shutting down our company and had already cut 20 employees from our staff. Her contact at our company was one that was no longer working for us and it took a while for her to make contact. Not her fault but ours.

The long and short of it is that her closing was finalized and she received everything that she was contracted to make from the transaction. She said that once she received her funds she would remove all of this negative nonsense from the site but she disappeared and we have not been able to make contact with her since.

It's amazing that you can write anything that you want on these forums including offering up anyone's personal information without a drop of truth to any of it. No where else did our companies ever have a complaint yet she can say that we were taking peoples money like thieves. Simply not true.

I just wanted to set the record straight. Thanks, Michael Davis. Cell phone number previously listed if anyone would like to speak about it. Thanks!

Timeshare Scam and escrow funds of many clients stolen by:

Elite Resort Transfers LLC / Selling Time Guys LLC / MTR LLC / Comas Investment Group Inc. / Timeshare Rescue LLC / My Timeshare Rescue LLC / My Timeshare Rescue Holdings LLC / Timeshare Innovators / Timeshare Traders / Paladin Equity Partners / Alumknight LLC / Score Marketing Group LLC / Summit Title Services LLC + more. LLCs mostly in Orlando, FL, all same operators: Antonio Jose Comas (aka Tony), Michael Davis, and Robert Harmon (aka Robb), MBA Business, 1992.

Corp web of LLCs: http://www.corporationwiki.com/Florida/Orlando/robert-harmon/26113520.aspx

Previous LLC address was:
130 S. Orange Avenue, Ste.200B, Orlando, FL 32801

Antonio Jose Comas (Tony)
eBay ID: relax-a-cation
912 John Cove Ln
Oakland, FL 34787
407 877-7550
321-332-5812
Fax: 321-206-4541
wife: Vivian Comas

Michael T Davis
5037 Nadine St
Orlando, FL 32807-1333
cell# (407) 491-2327
wife: Tara B Davis

Robert (Robb) Harmon
Managing Partner, Reliance Travel Club, Summit Title Services
September 2007 – Present Orlando, FL

Timeshare resale websites of the above partners:
http://www.mytimesharerescue.com/
http://www.eliteresorttransfers.com/

My personal loss was $7298. I'm sure they stole the escrow funds of many others as well.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
18 months later you claim she is a satisfied customer....lol

LucyE

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone received any calls from TSB Property Marketing-S.

They called us last week claiming they could sell our Mayan TS. I asked about any upfront fees and she said no up front fees, but that it was an 8% commission that would be charged at the time of closing. Person's name is Jessica Fultz. TSB Property Marketing-S 1100 Walnut Street, Kansas City, MO 64106; 816-256-8774/8778

Do you think this is a scammer??

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC

They called us last week claiming they could sell our Mayan TS. I asked about any upfront fees and she said no up front fees, but that it was an 8% commission that would be charged at the time of closing. Person's name is Jessica Fultz. TSB Property Marketing-S 1100 Walnut Street, Kansas City, MO 64106; 816-256-8774/8778

Yes, do.

Same m.o. as other scams... cold call from an obscure company, promises of selling your timeshare, claims of no upfront fee, "real" office location in the US.

What you will find out is that they will claim a buyer is ready for an outrageous price. Close to closing they will need an urgent fee to cover non existent taxes or whatever they want to call it. You will pay them because they promise to add it back to your big selling price. Once you pay they stop responding to you and you get no check. You will find their office location is either an outright lie or a mail drop. Within a few months their phones and website are no longer active. They are still out there, they just changed their name and made a new website.

Last edited:

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC

Yes, I do.

Same m.o. as other scams... cold call from an obscure company, promises of selling your timeshare, claims of no upfront fee, "real" office location in the US.

What you will find out is that they will claim a buyer is ready for an outrageous price. Close to closing they will need an urgent fee to cover non existent taxes or whatever they want to call it. You will pay them because they promise to add it back to your big selling price. Once you pay they stop responding to you and you get no check. You will find their office location is either an outright lie or a mail drop.

pacodemountainside

TUG Member
Reaction score

Get posts like yours daily here. Name means nothing, M.O. is the same.

Do a search on scams here and look at e-bay auctions, for sale here, Redweek, etc. to see what your TS is actually worth.

Cold callers on phone, e-mail, etc. are 99.9% scammers preying on people desperate to get rid of TSs and willing to believe anything they hear.

Like the Nigerian trunk of money scam.

ace3535

Reaction score
i got scammed by Condosmart!

I hate to say it I got scammed! I wish I had read these blogs on this site before I got involved. Condosmart has a really bad rep, they make promises that they never intended to keep. they said they would advertise my time share and never did and I was taken for $1950. with the promise of $10500 for 10 weeks. I hate myself for falling for something that was too good to be true but I saw dollar signs and I really needed the money. lesson learned!!!!

don't get screwed by CondoSmart!!! stay away!!!

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
I hate myself for falling for something that was too good to be true but I saw dollar signs and I really needed the money. lesson learned!

Thanks for sharing your story with us. This well illustrates how and why these scammers are so successful. They paint these rosy pictures of a big and quick payday. Then, while the victim-to-be is mentally intoxicated with the thought of a life-altering amount of money coming his way, the scammer then hits with a "Oh, we just need X amount of dollars for [some seemingly legitimate-sounding tax or fee]" and, next thing you know, the hypnotized victim-to-be is giving his credit card info over the phone to a total stranger or rushing to the nearest Western Union to wire money to a foreign country.:doh:

Kim V

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing your story with us. This well illustrates how and why these scammers are so successful. They paint these rosy pictures of a big and quick payday. Then, while the victim-to-be is mentally intoxicated with the thought of a life-altering amount of money coming his way, the scammer then hits with a "Oh, we just need X amount of dollars for [some seemingly legitimate-sounding tax or fee]" and, next thing you know, the hypnotized victim-to-be is giving his credit card info over the phone to a total stranger or rushing to the nearest Western Union to wire money to a foreign country.:doh:
My husband and I were contacted by Marketing Innovations LLC out of MI. They claim they have a corporate buyer who wants to buy us out of our points with Fiesta Americana Vacation Club for $5k more than what we paid for it 8 years ago. They are calling us again today to talk about title fees. I am so happy I read these posts :) I think we just dodged a bullet!!!!!!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
you absolutely did!

please report them to the state AGs office, as well as the michigan AGs office!

stimmers

Reaction score
Kim V,

I'm happy for you. Unfortunately, we did not do our due diligence when we were contacted by worldwide resort exchange in Lake Mary, FL back in September. It is the same song, different verse. They promised a corporate renter for our points at our HGVC at SeaWorld within 90 days. Just needed $1197 up front. Well....once we signed a contract with a guaranteed money back, things went quiet. After 60 days, we started calling them every week to get a status report (and to gear up to exercise our 90 day money back guarantee). They assured us that they would get it rented. They told us to be patient and it would get rented as there were a lot of conferences and auto shows in Orlando coming up. Well, after 8 months, we were able to rent it ourselves which was one of the requirements to get a refund. However, no luck on the refund. They informed us that the refund opportunity was only good for the first 90 days. Needless to say, we did not have a pleasant conversation over the phone.
As Brian and others have repeatedly said...if it sounds too good to be true, it is too good to be true.
They advertised our unit for $2100/week. That is $300/night. When you think about it, what company in their right mind is going to pay that? You can stay at the Ritz for that.

So the game is this....1. get your money up front 2. offer a money back guarantee for at least 10 days as required by FL law 3. Offer a 90 day money back guarantee for us more conservative midwesterners (like me) 4. Promise that they always get rented within 90 days 5. Stall, obfuscate, lie, and downright disappear until the 90 days are up 6. Tell you to go to hell when you call demanding the money back

At no point during this process is any serious attempt made to actually rent out the timeshare at a reasonable market price. They have their money and therefore no further incentive exists once the 90 day money back guarantee expires.

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
...At no point during this process is any serious attempt made to actually rent out the timeshare at a reasonable market price. They have their your money and therefore no further incentive exists once the 90 day money back guarantee expires.

Very good post explaining exactly how these thieves operate.

I always have to chuckle when I see these "money back guarantee" phrases. I always ask myself who the heck is backing up the guarantee?

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
They have their money and therefore no further incentive exists....

Unfortunately, this is precisely the bottom line that applies to any and all "upfront fee" entities, whether it involves rental or resales.

If the parasites are essentially receiving "right upfront" all of the money they are ever going to see from the alleged "client", then they really have absolutely no reason or motivation to do anything further. Some will at least place a useless, overpriced listing on a lame, obscure web site that few will ever see or take seriously. Others (like the one described above) won't even bother to do that much and will instead just take the money and run, or hide --- or both. :annoyed:

min620

Reaction score
Thank you for the 'Cororate Structure' scam posting online

I've received phone call from claimed to be, 'Dapheny' from Coporate Structure Executive Consultant.
She left message that she had information about my timeshare deed, and asked me to call back.
I have had experience with A Plus, Five Star Resort previously, promissing to rent my timeshare, took my money, and never received any real rental.

I googled the Coporate Structure, and I saw your posting warning this scam.
Thank you very much for posting, much appreciated.

- from Minnesota

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
So glad you found us before falling for the scam!

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Any update on Tony Comas?

wendellgrif

Reaction score
Beware of Logistical Services Group out of CA. Jonathan Rinaldi, Joe Santana and Alex Perez.