• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2012 ] Vacation Village resorts & trading

STEVIE

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi,
We own a week at Vacation Village in the Berkshires. We often deposit into RCI for trading; either into another resort or to trade into a week other than the one we own. Does anyone know if Daily Management group has internal trades among the resorts they manage? I was wondering if I could trade into another one of their resorts and not use RCI. Thanks,
Sue

STEVIE

TUG Member
Reaction score
OK, so I am replying to my own thread in the hope someone who knows the answer to my question will chime in. Anyone???
Sue

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
OK, so I am replying to my own thread in the hope someone who knows the answer to my question will chime in. Anyone???
Sue

I would suggest you call the management company and ask them. It would probably be very reliable info. You could also do an internet search until someone familiar with this comes to the rescue.

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
I don't believe that we have any options to trade internally other than the home group preference in rci points. I could be wrong. :shrug:

gnorth16

TUG Member
Reaction score
http://www.vacationvillageresorts.com

No internal trading, however there is a reduced fee for all Vacation Village properties and those that are managed by their management company. I think there is 28 or so properties and most are well managed. Many fly under the radar but are places I will trade into with some low TPU's and exchange fees ($119 for Canada -$109 for US I think). Here is the list:

Alhambra at Poinciana
(Poinciana, FL)
Alhambra Villas at Poinciana
(Poinciana, FL)
Aquamarine Villas
(Oceanside, CA)
Blue Whale
(Oceanside, CA)
Canada House
(Pompano Beach, FL)
Channel Island Shores
(Oxnard, CA)
Club Sevilla
(Kissimmee, FL)
Driftwood Beach Club
(Lauderdale-By-The-Sea, FL)
Enchanted Isle Resort
(Hollywood, FL)
Fantasy Island Resort
(Daytona Beach Shores, FL)
Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort
(Fort Lauderdale, FL)
Georgian Inn Beach Club
(Ormond Beach, FL)
Golden Strand Ocean Villa Resort
(Sunny Isles Beach, FL)
Grand Lake Resort
(Kissimmee, FL)
Hollywood Beach Resort
(Hollywood, FL)
Hollywood Beach Tower
(Hollywood, FL)
The Jockey Club
(Las Vegas, NV)
Kingsbury Crossing
(Stateline, NV)
Lago Vista at Buenaventura Lakes
(Kissimmee, FL)
Laguna Shores
(Laguna Beach, CA)
Lighthouse Cove Resort
(Pompano Beach, FL)
Lifetime of Vacations Resort
at Grand Lake Resort
(Kissimmee, FL)
Magic Tree Resort
(Kissimmee, FL)
The Maverick
(Ormond Beach, FL)
Oakmont Resort
(Pigeon Forge, TN)
Palm Beach Shores Resort &
Vacation Villas
(Palm Beach Shores, FL)
Palm Springs Tennis Club
(Palm Springs, CA)
Plantation Island Resort
(Ormond Beach, FL)
Presidential Resort
(Spotsylvania, VA)
San Diego Country Estates
(Ramona, CA)
Silver Beach Club
(Daytona Beach, FL)
Silver Seas
(Fort Lauderdale, FL)
Snow Lake Lodge
(Big Bear Lake, CA)
Sunrise Ridge Resort
(Pigeon Forge, TN)
Sunrise Beach Club
(Ormond Beach, FL)
Traders Inn Beach Club
(Ormond Beach, FL)
Treetops Resort
(Gatlinburg, TN)
Tropic Shores
(Daytona Beach Shores, FL)
Tropic Sun Towers
(Ormond Beach, FL)
Ventura at Boca Raton
(Boca Raton, FL)
Villas at Fortune Place
(Kissimmee, FL)

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
http://internalexchange.net/vvr_list.php

VACATION VILLAGE RESORTS AND AFFILIATES INTERNAL EXCHANGE PROGRAM

Love Vacation Village in the Berkshires but want something different this year? We can help! With over 50 different resorts to choose from in the Vacation Village Resorts Internal Exchange Program with RCI, your vacation opportunities are endless!

What are the advantages to booking with an internal Vacation Village Affiliated Resort?

Vacation Village owners receive a higher priority to exchange back into their group of resorts and receive a $60US discount for approved internal exchanges.

What is the cost?

Domestic Internal Exchanges are $199US - $60US = $139

How far in advance should an owner request space at a specific location?

The further in advance a reservation is requested, the more likely RCI will be able to meet the request for the desired resort and date. RCI can book exchanges up to 2 years in advance and based on availability, can confirm as close as 2 days prior to check-in.

If an owner would like to reserve space at a Vacation Village Resort or an affiliate location, what’s the first step?

Simply call RCI’s Vacation Village Resort service line at 800-585-4860 for Weeks and 866-724-3333 for Points or visit RCI on the web at www.rci.com.

Look for the little house/home resort group when searching RCI. You must use tpu's only from an affiliate resort. If you combine with another resort or leftovers from a non VV property you won't get the discounted exchange fee.

gnorth16

TUG Member
Reaction score
List of RCI Codes

Does anyone have a list of these resort codes in RCI? I had a saved search and it doesn't work anymore. Now for my saved searches, I cut and paste from a word document and it would save me lots of time.

moonstone

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Beach Club at St. Augustine Beach, FL (1 floating week, purchased in 1982)

77,000 RCI points (Sunrise Ridge Resort, TN)
The list they sent us when we purchased (private, resale) only has the resort name and town/city on it. Some of the resorts have a * beside the name indicating that they are an affiliate of RCI Points. No other information.

One day when I was bored I went through the RCI book and wrote the corresponding RCI code beside each name. I only got about 1/2 way down the list then became bored again!:shrug:

~Diane

karibkeith

TUG Member
Reaction score
http://internalexchange.net/vvr_list.php
Look for the little house/home resort group when searching RCI. You must use tpu's only from an affiliate resort. If you combine with another resort or leftovers from a non VV property you won't get the discounted exchange fee.

I looked for the little house symbol but could not find it. However on the Points website I found a link to "Home Reservation". I could not find any such link on the Weeks website. Berkshires is a Points resort but it does come up on the Weeks website. RCI apparently does not let you look at exchange values (trading value units) unless you have a deposit which is ridiculous since it is information you might want to review before making a deposit. You do get per day cash values and the message that says "You are currently viewing Cash vacations only. To view Exchange vacations, deposit your week. DEPOSIT NOW". So you can not view TPU's on either site unless you have a deposit in Weeks. You do, of course, get points values for other Vacation Villages resorts.

Incidentally, the list quoted above is now out of date. Go to the Vacation Villages website. There have been several deletions and two additions (Berkeley Orlando and Berkeley Las Vegas)