• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2013] Beware Redweek4less / IA Vacations / VP Title / [see new names below][merged]

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I also "won" an auction for the Disney wilderness lodge from JQTravel. They insisted they will only take Amex for the purchase and the process will take up to 90 days. I noticed that their purchase contract has JQ travel as the seller and doesn't reference any DVC contract number. When I asked them why they dont follow regular contracts, they said they use a power of attorney with Disney to protect the privacy of the seller. Seemed very fishy, so i called Disney administration directly and they have no record of VP Title(which JQ owns) or JQ travel having a timeshare waiting on ROFR. I called EBAY to complain but they said there is nothing they can do since it was charged to VP title. So instead I put a fraud complaint in with AMEX to reverse the charge.
JQ travel insists they will refund the charge but so far nothing has happened.:annoyed:Now I am waiting on AMEX to do it on their end.

The power of attorney would be with the real seller and not Disney. This is not an uncommon practice but it is also incorrect and many times fraudulent if it is not done properly. Knowing this outfit they are not doing it correctly and possibly don't even have the unit to sell yet.

I believe the Amex policy is to issue a credit immediately and then once the investigation completes the charge can come back on if it is not in your favor. I know this is how they handle corporate card disputes. Maybe it's different with personal. Just be aware that if you see a credit fairly quick that does not mean the issue is over. This one should be a slam dunk though.

Last edited:

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I also "won" an auction for the Disney wilderness lodge from JQTravel. They insisted they will only take Amex for the purchase and the process will take up to 90 days. I noticed that their purchase contract has JQ travel as the seller and doesn't reference any DVC contract number. When I asked them why they dont follow regular contracts, they said they use a power of attorney with Disney to protect the privacy of the seller. Seemed very fishy, so i called Disney administration directly and they have no record of VP Title(which JQ owns) or JQ travel having a timeshare waiting on ROFR. I called EBAY to complain but they said there is nothing they can do since it was charged to VP title. So instead I put a fraud complaint in with AMEX to reverse the charge.
JQ travel insists they will refund the charge but so far nothing has happened.:annoyed:Now I am waiting on AMEX to do it on their end.

A lot of the Ebay outfits use Power of Attorney. Most wouldn't have started a ROFR until they have a signed contract and full payment. That's just how biz is normally done on Ebay. You are much better off buying from a reseller elsewhere for the security, unless you are buying for $1. and don't care.

If there is a contract for the Wilderness Lodge, and I suspect there is, the owners don't know that they could make more than what they paid for it and probably paid a fee to a postcard company to dump their timeshare for them. :(

SkyBlueWaters

Reaction score
Hey all, just wanted to let you know that you people at TUG don't know what you're talking about - not my words.... :rofl:

I have cancelled the Waiohai Ebay sale, and here was their response:

I will be happy to send you a cancel transaction through Ebay, but the folks on TUG obviously have no idea what they are talking about, as there are about 50 timeshare resale companies from Knoxville to Sevierville, as this is a major timeshare resale area. Other than using VP Title for our title transfers, we don't have anything to do with any other company that you listed. Our Ebay feedback speaks for itself, but we want our clients to be comfortable with their purchases, and if you don't wish to move forward that is fine - I will just send you a cancel transaction through Ebay now that you can accept, as we will be moving forward with another buyer.

So there.

All said, they were very nice about the whole thing, but I will always defer to the meanest person on TUG over the nicest person on Ebay.

The meanest people in Tug have your best interest at heart. :cheer:

turkel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Grand Chateau
Another name change?

I won a auction on eBay last week to my great surprise. I bid days before the auction closed and forgot about it till I was notified by eBay that I won.
The unit was a 2 bed annual Marriott Grand Chataeu with a winning bid of $1700. All in with closing and transfer $2219.
Seller was ABC Exclusive which when searched on TUG turned up nothing.
Well once I signed the contracts and payed via Amex I got an email from none other than VP Title.
Although the seller had left me 2 messages on my phone showing on caller ID the number she gave me for the business I get nothing but a busy signal when I try to call.
I was sent an e mail from VP Title saying they already submitted ROFR. All my attempts at obtaining a copy of the waiver information and deeded unit have :mad::mad:been fruitless. It is as if the seller and VP Title respond to my e mails but ignore my questions and requests.
They have stated that ROFR takes 30 days when I sent back in 2 separate e mails that at this resort it is only 15 days and I want to verify the deeded unit with Marriott. VP title responded that once Marriott completes ROFR they will prepare the deeds.
So now what. I have read the majority of this thread. Do I contact Marriott with the very scant information I have and ask if they have anything from VP about the Grand Chataeu or just call Amex now instead of waiting. How long after a charge can you dispute?
I wouldn't mind having the unit if it even exists but not excited about losing $2200.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Amex is something like 60 days after the promise of delivery, so you have a really long time to dispute.

I would not trust this outfit with that much money.

bevans

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
hgvc Flamingo, hgvc Paradise
I also won an auction on ebay (HGVC) from these guys Premier Vacation Marketing and was hooked up with VP Title. They never answered a single question with proof of transaction proceeding through the title process. They were evasive in all my questions and never provided any proof of their progress just vague answers. I also paid with AMEX so cancelled at 59 days as the whole transaction never felt right. Curt

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Perhaps tell them you will leave negative EBay feedback unless they answer the following questions? Sure they could change their EBay name again, but it is probably a pain. Though they may not be able to answer the questions if they don't really have what they are selling.

Our could dispute with Amex now, but I suspect it wasn't written in the contract that you could see the deed or deed information and estoppel before closing? You might need to wait longer before you would have a valid dispute?

turkel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Grand Chateau
Update

Received an e mail from Marriott owner modifications this am I am the new owner of a 2 bedroom 2 bathroom lockout unit at the Grand Chataeu all in $2219. $1700 winning bid $399 closing $120 Marriott fee.

Closed by VP Title, switch never showed me an ounce of proof they actually had a unit to sell. But it took just over 30 days. I haven't even payed the Amex bill yet:cheer:

Although it was nerve racking they did keep in touch via e mail. They refused to give an estoppel or owner names to verify with Marriott.

BUT it is closed and mine now!!

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
<snip> Closed by VP Title, which never showed me an ounce of proof they actually had a unit to sell. But it took just over 30 days. I haven't even payed the Amex bill yet:cheer:

Although it was nerve racking they did keep in touch via e mail. They refused to give an estoppel or owner names to verify with Marriott.

BUT it is closed and mine now!!

Congratulations. I really have to wonder why some of these shaky eBay resellers and / or their (...ahem) "mandatory affiliated closers" frequently neglect (or refuse outright) to verify pertinent details, provide resort-issued estoppel, etc. regarding an advertised timeshare in the course of a resale transaction.

I'm glad that this appears to have worked out for you in a satisfactory manner, but in such instances lacking any verification of details or any estoppel (owner i.d. is easily redacted) for buyer review in the course of the transaction, I'd frankly worry about unidentified listing inaccuracies which, as things proceed "behind the curtain", can then very easily turn into a purchase and a "done deal" closing on something perhaps entirely different from the advertised product. :eek:

Last edited:

Seaport104

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I also won an auction on ebay (HGVC) from these guys Premier Vacation Marketing and was hooked up with VP Title. They never answered a single question with proof of transaction proceeding through the title process. They were evasive in all my questions and never provided any proof of their progress just vague answers. I also paid with AMEX so cancelled at 59 days as the whole transaction never felt right. Curt

I bought a unit from Premier Vacation Marketing with free 2016 usage. Instead, I get a unit with unpaid 2016 maintenance fees plus 300+ in penalties and interest :mad:

STAY AWAY FROM PREMIER VACATION MARKETING!!

Theiggy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Frenchman’s Cove
Has anyone bought from this seller tra3213? Nothing came up when I searched tug. Thanks,
Jannine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Looks like a new name [tra3213]. Does he/ she have a lot of listings, or just one?

Theiggy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Frenchman’s Cove
Looks like a new name [tra3213]. Does he/ she have a lot of listings, or just one?
Yes about 15 but it is a fairly new member. 41 positive feedback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

needvaca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MGO, WKV, SVV Bella
I'm curious too. I saw an underpriced dvc timeshare listing from tra3213.
I looked at the profile and feedback . the user just joined in July 2018 and all the feedback was for cheap $1 trinkets from China.
It looked too suspicious for me, so I passed.

I'm interested in how to spot scammers in ebay.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
I'm curious too. I saw an underpriced dvc timeshare listing from tra3213.
I looked at the profile and feedback . the user just joined in July 2018 and all the feedback was for cheap $1 trinkets from China.
It looked too suspicious for me, so I passed.

I'm interested in how to spot scammers in ebay.
Best to do a search here on Tug and to post on Tug to see if anyone here purchased from the seller and if they are happy.

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
I won an eBay auction from "tra3213" for a high demand week for a price that is too good to be true. My email communication is with "Josh" at "KB Travel". I paid with Amex and the charge came from "ELITE VACATION GROUP SEVIERVILLE". Closing is supposedly done by "VP Title". As others wrote in this thread before, I received zero proof that the week actually exists. No seller's name, no deeded unit number, no real estoppel, just a handwritten "estoppel" document produced by VP Title.

I see several reports that some people end up actually getting the week as advertised. So it's not an outright scam. I am going to wait until Amex dispute deadline, and if I don't get a deed in my name, or a real proof that the transfer is happening, I will dispute the charge with Amex before deadline.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I won an eBay auction from "tra3213" for a high demand week for a price that is too good to be true. My email communication is with "Josh" at "KB Travel". I paid with Amex and the charge came from "ELITE VACATION GROUP SEVIERVILLE". Closing is supposedly done by "VP Title". As others wrote in this thread before, I received zero proof that the week actually exists. No seller's name, no deeded unit number, no real estoppel, just a handwritten "estoppel" document produced by VP Title.

I see several reports that some people end up actually getting the week as advertised. So it's not an outright scam. I am going to wait until Amex dispute deadline, and if I don't get a deed in my name, or a real proof that the transfer is happening, I will dispute the charge with Amex before deadline.
I always see good weeks with tra3213 but have been skeptical as the same ones seem to be appearing. Will be looking for your outcome, that will tell all. Good luck, hope it works out.

liteonlino

Reaction score
Two negative feedback on Ebay and a day without any return of phone calls or email, I have decided to dispute the AMEX payment I made to tra3213 in November for a platinum week at Newport Coast. I probably should have known better since tra3213 has sold the exact same timeshare (NCV with free 2019 week) at least 3 times.

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
[tra3213] Interesting. I saw the two negative feedbacks on eBay, but now they are gone.

yuantsai

Reaction score
[tra3213] Interesting. I saw the two negative feedbacks on eBay, but now they are gone.

Any result on your transaction? I also won a timeshare from same seller tra3213 and wondering if it's legit?

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
[tra3213] Likely not legit.

I see reports of them transferring cheap or free timeshares fine. I have not seen a single report of them actually transferring an expensive timeshare.

Mine is an expensive timeshare at a very low price. They keep dragging the process. I still have not seen anything proving they actually have the timeshare. I believe they are trying to delay the process beyond the credit card dispute deadline, and then I will have no recourse. I will not let that happen.

I now see they relisted the same week on eBay again, despite telling me my transfer is in process. I do not believe they have multiple identical valuable weeks for sale.

I will update this thread when I get more info.

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
So, the timeshare I "won" is Ko Olina annual 2br ocean view for $3,430:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MARRIOTT-K...OCEAN-VIEW-OAHU-HAWAII-TIMESHARE/143064679165

Paid with Amex right away. Today I received an email from VP Title saying they submitted ROFR. I asked to forward the ROFR email to me which "Jessica" from VP Title refused to do saying it contains private information. I then asked to forward just the email header with From, To and Time info and delete the email body and attachments, so that I could see that the email was actually sent. I did not receive that either.

There is no reason to refuse providing any proof of transfer occurring other that it's a scam and nothing is really occurring.

Now interesting part. Yesterday I saw another "great deal" from tra3213. And thought what the heck? I can't let that slip away ;) So I "won" WKORV 2br annual ocean view for $5,652:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/WESTIN-KAA...POINTS-PLATINUM-HAWAII-TIMESHARE/143087773302

"Josh" from "KB Travel" (who refuses to provide his last name) had the nerve to send me an "agreement" for that too, and ask for payment. I replied that I will pay for WKORV when I get a proof that Ko Olina is being transferred to me .Or, I can pay now, but only to an independent closing company.

For that, I was immediately banned from bidding on tra3213 auctions on eBay.

Also, here is what Josh said when I asked about two negative eBay feedbacks that disappeared the next day:

"The two negatives we had were because the people wanted to do the transfers themselves and we don’t do that so we filed nonpaying bidders and they left negatives because of it. eBay of course removed them cause they can see the emails they sent in."

To be continued...

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm very glad to see you calling them out on their very questionable practices (to put it mildly), and reporting your experiences with them on TUG. I keep reading about people who pay thousands of dollars and finally give up on scams like this, feeling guilty and ashamed for being gullible. It's just not right. I hope your updates have prevented someone else from losing money to sellers like these crooks or incompetents.

Thank you!

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So, the timeshare I "won" is Ko Olina annual 2br ocean view for $3,430:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MARRIOTT-K...OCEAN-VIEW-OAHU-HAWAII-TIMESHARE/143064679165

Paid with Amex right away. Today I received an email from VP Title saying they submitted ROFR. I asked to forward the ROFR email to me which "Jessica" from VP Title refused to do saying it contains private information. I then asked to forward just the email header with From, To and Time info and delete the email body and attachments, so that I could see that the email was actually sent. I did not receive that either.

There is no reason to refuse providing any proof of transfer occurring other that it's a scam and nothing is really occurring.

Now interesting part. Yesterday I saw another "great deal" from tra3213. And thought what the heck? I can't let that slip away ;) So I "won" WKORV 2br annual ocean view for $5,652:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/WESTIN-KAA...POINTS-PLATINUM-HAWAII-TIMESHARE/143087773302

"Josh" from "KB Travel" (who refuses to provide his last name) had the nerve to send me an "agreement" for that too, and ask for payment. I replied that I will pay for WKORV when I get a proof that Ko Olina is being transferred to me .Or, I can pay now, but only to an independent closing company.

For that, I was immediately banned from bidding on tra3213 auctions on eBay.

Also, here is what Josh said when I asked about two negative eBay feedbacks that disappeared the next day:

"The two negatives we had were because the people wanted to do the transfers themselves and we don’t do that so we filed nonpaying bidders and they left negatives because of it. eBay of course removed them cause they can see the emails they sent in."

To be continued...
Can you call to see if the rofr application was received? Just a shot maybe someone will verify not.