TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in as a member*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 25 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $11,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $11Million dollars
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. TUG is trying out a new program that will trade you a TUG membership for a Timeshare resort review if you are an expired member, or even just a guest here on the forums!

Read more here
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  8. TUG has now joined Priceline.com as an affiliate!

Members and guests who book air travel, rental cars and even Cruise Vacations thru TUG's priceline links will now support TUG in the process!

Read more here
  9. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice

[2013] Beware Redweek4less / IA Vacations / VP Title / [see new names below]

Discussion in 'Buying, Selling & Renting Timeshares' started by SunandFun83, Sep 30, 2013.

1. Theiggy

Theiggy TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott Aruba Surf Club
    PamMo likes this.
  2. Yearofthebee

Yearofthebee Guest

I dodged a bullet on this one last week for the Ko’olina unit as well with the same seller tra3213. I made the mistake of bidding first and asking questions later on a too good to be true deal. After bidding $2k thinking EBay would have my back if something went wrong, I found that EBay has no purchase protection at all for timeshares, which was a surprise after using EBay since they started.

I guess what gave me initial comfort was there was no negative feedback and I saw numerous closed auctions going back well into 2018, but now I see how that is possible with EBay aiding the scammers, just incredible that they would remove that feedback.

I feel bad for the other two bidders who fought the price up to 2550 in the last seconds of the auction, but I was also relieved I didn’t end up with the hassle for something I can’t imagine would pass rofr anyway. Well no more EBay for me, at least for real estate.

Panina likes this.
  3. Panina

Panina TUG Review Crew: Elite TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Hgvc Eagles Nest, Hgvc Surf Club, Hgvc Indian River, Hgvc Anderson, Sunrise Bay & Club, Chetola, Gulf Tides, Jade Tree Cove, Banyan Resort, Blue Ridge Village
    There are reputable sellers of timeshares on ebay. If you see something that interests you search here on tug for feedback and if you can’t find anything post it.

Yearofthebee likes this.
  4. helen243

helen243 TUG Member

5. helen243

helen243 TUG Member

Hi I think I am in the same boat and about to put in request for refund from AMEX - I also paid in December - did AMEX reverse your charge?

I've been talking Josh and Jessica..lots of assurance but nothing concrete.

Helen

6. helen243

helen243 TUG Member

Not sure I posted correctly. Did AMEX reverse the charge. I am having identical issues with the same EBAY seller.

7. helen243

helen243 TUG Member

8. chemteach

chemteach TUG Member

I also won an ebay auction from tra123. Now going through BBB to try to get a refund... UGH!!!!! tra123 no longer has anything for sale on ebay. They have 4 recent negative feedback entries. One big problem with ebay is that you can't give feedback after 60 days, and timeshare usually take much longer than that... Lessons learned... Hoping to get my money back.

9. TheTimeTraveler

TheTimeTraveler TUG Member

If you used the U.S. Mail to conduct any of this transaction you should contact the United States Postal Inspection Service.

Using the mail system to conduct transactions like this are considered "Mail Fraud" and carry Federal penalties (much tougher than state charges).

Some metal bracelets may convince them to refund your money. It won't be cheerfully :crash:

10. echino

echino TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Hyatt Piñon Pointe
    Harborside Resort at Atlantis
    Marriott's Maui Ocean Club
    hudshut likes this.
  11. Theiggy

Theiggy TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott Aruba Surf Club
    I saw another listing by them - a 3br platinum Grande Vista, I immediately thought it must be the same scammer. How do you know it’s the same person?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. echino

echino TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Hyatt Piñon Pointe
    Harborside Resort at Atlantis
    Marriott's Maui Ocean Club
    Same item they listed many times before, same wording, same terms (minus Amex), same feedback pattern, Tennessee.

13. Theiggy

Theiggy TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott Aruba Surf Club
    Yes, they frequently lis Newport Coast. Now they are eliminating Amex so the buyer has no recourse!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. chemteach

chemteach TUG Member

They have 3 listings up now, with one closing in 17 hours. These guys are awful. How do we make sure eBay works to stop these fraudulent sellers??

15. TheTimeTraveler

Good luck with that! I wish something could be done but eBay's pockets grow larger by letting many of these businesses continue to operate thru their platform.

eBay needs to seriously question why a company keeps changing their name; it's sort of a giveaway.

RNCollins likes this.
  16. NMSikes

NMSikes Guest

Resorts Owned:
    None
    So, I'm new to all this. Jumped in before I was ready and won an Evay auction from tra3212. World mark points for $1800. Paid by electronic check, while thinking "Geez, I'd think a professional outfit would have better stationary on their communications and forms." DUH! Joshua at KBTravel quickly handed me off to "Jessica" at TS Title. But my check was electronically made out to VP Title, endorsed by "Kelly Williams". I'm afraid that's $1800 - Down the drain!

17. chemteach

chemteach TUG Member

Don't give up!!! Post to Better Business Bureau. You may be able to get your money back.

18. chemteach

chemteach TUG Member

An update... "Josh" from BK Assets doesn't email back. VP Title doesn't answer their phones. Bank won't fight echecks. Still waiting for response from BBB. I would advise anyone who is dealing with either of these groups to file with BBB. Here is a link for VP Title's BBB claims. https://www.bbb.org/us/tn/pigeon-fo...ransfer/vp-title-llc-0533-90018552/complaints.

Good luck everyone who has dealt with either of these groups. I'm still hoping to receive my money back...

19. NMSikes

NMSikes Guest

Resorts Owned:
    None
    From the Seiverville PD:

"My name is Ray Brown and I am the Lieutenant of the Sevierville Police Departments Criminal Investigation Division. I am very familiar with the companies you mentioned in your email to Chief Manning. The owner of these businesses is currently under criminal indictment for Theft regarding timeshare issues from his company.

At this point, he has retained a lawyer and I do not expect him to pay anyone what he owes. My suggestion to you is for you to forwarded me all your correspondence with these companies and their employees. Please include any contracts you have signed showing a total price. I will follow up with you regarding the way you paid this company and we can show a paper trail of your funds being sent to his company and that there was no refund sent back to you.

We receive complaints on this company monthly so we are preparing another round of indictments for additional victims. We hope to have these indicements ready for the June grand jury. Please forward me the requested information along with your drier license state and number (so I can add you as a victim) and we will begin the process of securing an indictment on your behalf.

Also, this company is actually in the Sevier County Sheriff’s Office jurisdiction but the Sevierville Police Department is handling the case at this time. If that changes at any point, which I do not believe it will, I will inform you of that contact.

Detective Lieutenant Ray Brown
    Sevierville Police Department
    Criminal Investigations Division
    300 Gary Wade Boulevard
    Sevierville, TN 37862
    office]865-868-1749
    fax 865-868-1734

[​IMG]

vacationtime1 likes this.
  20. TheTimeTraveler

Detective Brown;

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this for all to read.