• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2013] Beware Redweek4less / IA Vacations / VP Title / [see new names below][merged]

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Bidding adieu?

Maybe Ebay finally shut them down or law enforcement might have stepped in.

It frankly amazes me that an outfit as shady and as utterly inept as redweeks4less has apparently somehow thrived for this long already.

If their tent has finally been folded up (...for whatever reason) all I can say is Good Riddance! :hi:

Last edited:

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
Redweekforless is not currently running anything on ebay
I have no idea if that is significant

Maybe Ebay finally shut them down or law enforcement might have stepped in.

They may have just changed their name. If so, their auctions will probably look the same as they did and if you're familiar with the format you should be able to spot them.

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Redweek4Less/IA Vacations still don't have any timeshares listed for sale on eBay that I can see. Has anyone noticed a new seller - or old seller with R4L's format? I find it hard to believe that Stacy Gillespie and Hope Yoakum have quit their shady lucrative business practices...

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Redweek4Less/IA Vacations still don't have any timeshares listed for sale on eBay that I can see. Has anyone noticed a new seller - or old seller with R4L's format? I find it hard to believe that Stacy Gillespie and Hope Yoakum have quit their shady lucrative business practices...

If they are smart they will begin anew with different business names and a different ebay format. This was the one thing they had going for them. They never hid behind new company names. It's doubtful they are out of the business unless they received heavy criminal and/or civil pressure. I am pretty sure that Wyndham was gunning for them on a criminal level.

gkbiiii

Reaction score
Are these Timeshare Exit Strategies, Please Help Me??

Thanks for this post. It's so annoying that they post auctions for such good units but given that they're operating a ponzi scheme, they likely post units that are good to lure people in. They have an auction for 2 units that I REALLY want but I re-read this thread to talk myself out of it :wave: So thanks for this post. Brought me back to my senses.

I am having problems closing on my Platinum week for Sheraton Desert Oasis, which was submitted in August 2014. I need your help ( have contacted ebay today) what can I do, to get my purchased timeshare???

Timeshare Exit Strategies
parrot2000
Donna & Rhonda

gkbiiii

Reaction score
No, I think you and I are seeing that this thread is accurate. These people are scammers. I've been looking at the Kierland platinum weeks for a while and talked with two brokers that I feel are trustworthy and reputable. They both said this unit (1BR premium, 81,000 StarOptions, platinum) would easily sell for $6k. So why list it with no reserve and a starting bid of $1? I was lost in the "I'm sure THIS sale with these people will be OK" haze and really wanted this week. Glad now I didn't win it.

And why do they require full payment immediately? I'm in escrow on two other weeks now with a $500 deposit on one and $1,000 on the other. But I don't pay anything else until we are ready to close.

I did win a Kierland premium one-bedroom Gold Season for $28.00 with all closing costs, paid by the seller. I wander how much it would be to have Starwood upgrade it to Platinum?

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am having problems closing on my Platinum week for Sheraton Desert Oasis, which was submitted in August 2014. I need your help ( have contacted ebay today) what can I do, to get my purchased timeshare???

parrot2000
Donna & Rhonda

No. The topic of this thread is not Timeshare Exit Strategies which is HQ'd in FL. IA Vacations is a TN operation.

Your only recourse is to continue to follow up with the company you are dealing with. Demand the timeshare or a refund. Call daily. Ebay will not do anything.

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score

parrot2000
Donna & Rhonda

Did you buy this unit from Redweek4less on eBay? After 60 days, eBay, PayPal, and/or your credit card company won't help you get your money back. If you only lose $28, consider yourself very, very lucky.

As to your next question asking if Starwood will upgrade your unit from Gold to Platinum season - they won't. They might give you partial credit for your unit, and offer to sell you a Platinum week (if they have one in inventory), but it will cost you thousands of dollars.

craig1mead

Reaction score
redweek4less = kdtimeshare1?

I think they may have just re-surfaced as KDTIMESHARE1 on ebay. Created 12/2/2014 - the only feedbacks are from things they purchased (with some from the same sellers).

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you are still owed money by IA Vacations/VP Title

If you are owed money for a timeshare you bought/sold with IA Vacations/Redweek4Less/VP Title, please contact the Pigeon Forge Police Department at pd@cityofpigeonforge.com

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think they may have just re-surfaced as KDTIMESHARE1 on ebay. Created 12/2/2014 - the only feedbacks are from things they purchased (with some from the same sellers).

Hard to say but nothing to indicate it so far. Mass sellers are a dime a dozen. It's not the same template but that doesn't means it's not them.

suzannesimon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Frenchman's Cove, Hyatt Sunset Harbor, Harborside at Atlantis, Marriott Aruba Surf Club, Marriott Grande Ocean, Westin Kierland Villas, Westin Lagunamar
I really don't understand why they aren't in jail.

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
From this thread...

If they are smart they will begin anew with different business names and a different ebay format. This was the one thing they had going for them. They never hid behind new company names. It's doubtful they are out of the business unless they received heavy criminal and/or civil pressure. I am pretty sure that Wyndham was gunning for them on a criminal level.

It appears they may be in the cross-hairs.

http://tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=222320

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Sounds like they know how to pack up their office files, change their corporate name, apply for a new IRS Tax ID # and open up a new business in another state within 30 days.

All this company need is a mailing address, several telephones & computers and a very small office space.

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
No, they are still operating out of Sevierville, TN. If you have had dealings with these companies (Redweek4Less, IA Vacations, or VP Title) that you believe were fraudulent, would you please contact the Sevierville Chief of Police Don Myers at Donm@seviervilletn.org and give him a brief description of your complaint.

Even if you received a refund, if the transaction involved fraud, it is still a crime. As one of the police officers told me, "If you rob a bank and give the money back before you get caught, the act of robbing the bank is still a crime." Attorneys for Wyndham in their lawsuit against this group of LLC's may want to speak with you, too. People ARE working on shutting this group down.

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow! How did you catch that? Sure looks like the same ad layout, and they started up right about the same time they ran into trouble under their Redweek4Less seller ID (new ID started on Nov 25, 2014). They have positive feedback for 21 purchases - no sales yet.

Has anyone contacted them to verify it's the same group?

suzannesimon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Frenchman's Cove, Hyatt Sunset Harbor, Harborside at Atlantis, Marriott Aruba Surf Club, Marriott Grande Ocean, Westin Kierland Villas, Westin Lagunamar
You've got to admire their nerve. They clearly have done this long enough that they know the odds are low that anyone will shut them down.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow! How did you catch that? Sure looks like the same ad layout, and they started up right about the same time they ran into trouble under their Redweek4Less seller ID (new ID started on Nov 25, 2014). They have positive feedback for 21 purchases - no sales yet.

Has anyone contacted them to verify it's the same group?

This thread from a little over a week ago. http://tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=222302

Their layout looked familiar so I compared the wording and it was almost identical. The OP called and asked what closing company they use and it's the same entity.

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you, Saintsfanfl. I've been watching for them to pop up again on eBay, and somehow I missed that thread. DestinationsRus-2006's connection to VP Title is the icing on the cake to confirm they're tied back to IA Vacations and Stacy Gillespie. Their office building is humming with activity, and they signed a new lease a couple of months ago, so no one believed they were out of business when Redweek4Less dropped listing on eBay.

Beaglemom3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Do you think this is the same company? Ebay listing says Tennessee is the seller residence.

Also, 100% feedback on 23 purchases, only 1 feedback as a seller. Seems odd for having such an elaborate TS ad that most of the feedback is from the last 6 months as a buyer, not seller.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/331468512504?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Yes, I noticed that their "100% positive " feedback is based on 26 feedbacks and only 1 is for one sold item and the other 25 are for what the seller bought for themselves.

Red flag.

Yes, this m.o. is familiar.

Here are some past IDs, but I don't think this is all. http://contact.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ReturnUserIdHistory&requested=vacationspots-2014

-

Last edited:

ThreeLittleBirds

TUG Member
Reaction score
yeah, something doesn't seem right. They have an awfully professional looking listing for someone only selling timeshares since November of 2014. And why the name change on the same day?

I guess everyone has to start somewhere, but between the state of residence being Tennessee, and the vast majority of the feedback as a buyer, not seller, I think we will keep looking.

Beaglemom3

TUG Member
Reaction score
yeah, something doesn't seem right. They have an awfully professional looking listing for someone only selling timeshares since November of 2014. And why the name change on the same day?

I guess everyone has to start somewhere, but between the state of residence being Tennessee, and the vast majority of the feedback as a buyer, not seller, I think we will keep looking.

I could not find any more contact info than Tennessee, could you ? They seem to be a bit shy.

Oh, this, too: (Not eligible for eBay purchase protection programs)

-

Last edited: