• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2013] Beware Redweek4less / IA Vacations / VP Title / [see new names below][merged]

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, destinationsrus-2006 is definitely IA Vacations, LLC. It's the newest reincarnation of Redweek4Less. They got their positive rating by making small purchases on eBay, giving the impression that they are wonderful to deal with. They sold several timeshares in January under their new name. I don't expect negative ratings will pop up for awhile, because their transfer company (VP Title) is adept at stalling - after 60 days, eBay will not let you give (or alter) feedback.

I just read back through the last few posts and see that you were talking about a different eBay seller ID. Vacationspots-2014 sure looks like IA Vacations (Stacy Gillespie) in Sevierville, TN. Man, he's got legal problems coming from all sides, and his people are still working it?!?!?! The "tell" would be if the closing company is VP Title in Sevierville, TN. Unless, of course, they've come up with a new name there, too.

Last edited:

ThreeLittleBirds

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is the list of the user name change:
vacationspots-2014 Nov-24-14 Present
gilli-apri Nov-24-14 Nov-24-14

gilli-apri sounds very close to Gillespie to me...

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Interesting... The previous history of eBay seller Destinationsrus-2006 is eerily similar to vacationspots-2014:

(User ID) destinationsrus-2006 (Effective date) Nov-25-14 Present
(User ID) gill_dann (Effective date) Nov-25-14 (End date) Nov-25-14

The collective wisdom (and sleuthing) of TUG is awesome, isn't it?

Beaglemom3, he has so many entities, you just happened to pick one that has a fairly good BBB rating! Try http://www.bbb.org/knoxville/busine...anies/ia-vacations-in-sevierville-tn-90003947 (There are others with "F" ratings - http://www.bbb.org/knoxville/busine...transfer/vp-title-in-pigeon-forge-tn-90018552 - which is now located in the same building with IA Vacations in Sevierville )

Last edited:

Beaglemom3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Interesting... The previous history of eBay seller Destinationsrus-2006 is eerily similar to vacationspots-2014:

(User ID) destinationsrus-2006 (Effective date) Nov-25-14 Present
(User ID) gill_dann (Effective date) Nov-25-14 (End date) Nov-25-14

The collective wisdom (and sleuthing) of TUG is awesome, isn't it?

Beaglemom3, he has so many entities, you just happened to pick one that has a farily good BBB rating! Try http://www.bbb.org/knoxville/busine...anies/ia-vacations-in-sevierville-tn-90003947 (There are others with "F" ratings - http://www.bbb.org/knoxville/busine...transfer/vp-title-in-pigeon-forge-tn-90018552 - which is now located in the same building with IA Vacations in Sevierville )

Figures and good to know. I just came across the one I listed as the link took me to it. I love reading the complaints and response. Always the expected response.

Thanks for the new link.

Yes, Tuggers are vigilant.

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Add another new ebay seller to the list of ones likely associated with IA Vacations.

travel4you_99(30)
100.0% Positive Feedback

icydog

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've been waiting to post

I haven't posted before today because I was embarrassed, :doh:also, I was waiting for the whole process clear up before I posted anything.

In October 2014 I bought a timeshare from Redweeksforless and it never closed. I kept contacting Redweeksforless, but I never got any answers. They kept on telling me the timeshare was going to close. Mind you,The timeshare was the Marriott Beach Place in Fort Lauderdale and it cost me $5300.

I never heard back from them after the initial contact and after reading the thread here I realized I've been scammed.

I contacted Chase immediately, since I'd use a Chase Visa to charge the purchase through PayPal. The first Chase clerk was reticent to get involved but then when I spoke to the disputes department-- they did everything they could to get my money back!

In the meantime, I was in contact with Redweeksforless, specifically Hope the finance manager. She assured me that the paperwork was held up in ROFR and that the timeshare would close.

I quickly realized that she was stringing me along to get past the credit card/paypal refund timeframe. She kept assuring me the timeshare would close; she said that over and over. Finally when it was obvious the timeshare would not close she promised me a refund. In fact, Hope said she'd work hard to expedite the refund! Of course, that never happened.

I kept playing nice with her but I never closed the case with Chase. I never mentioned to her that the case was open and I'm sure she didn't know about it! Even though it was obvious that she was stringing me along I never ever told her about my dispute with Chase. I certainly didn't want to show my hand to her.

This thread on Tug, and other internet searches, I'm sure made a difference to the Chase investigators. As the weeks went by, I kept in close contact with Chase and let them know about the stringing-along tactic Redweekforless was trying to pull.

I was very, very worried Chase would be intimidated by PayPal--but a claim with PayPal stuck and I got my money back. (I even called Chase to see if they'd ever contested a PayPal payment and I was told they did it all the time!) I got my money back a month ago but I hesitated to post here in case Redweeksforless contested the dispute. Chase told me they have three months to contest the reversal of funds.

Thank goodness for Chase! This could have been a costly error on my part. The way that Chase battled PayPal for me speaks volumes about their commitment to their customers.

Last edited:

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
....In October 2014 I bought a timeshare from redweekforless and it never closed. I kept contacting redweek But I never got any answers. .....

In the meantime, I was in contact with Redweeksforless, .....

I just want to point out a little letter that has gotten people in trouble with this company before, the letter S.

Sometime ago someone here insisted that redweek has a good reputation here on TUG and elsewhere, and they were dealing with redweeks, the subject of your post. I pointed this out and never saw another post from them in that thread.

Many of these timeshare companies take the name of a legitimate company with a good rep and try to pass themselves as the same company.

Redweeks doesn't actively say they are redweek but the similarity of the names has more than onece made people think they were dealing with the reputable company.

suzannesimon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Frenchman's Cove, Hyatt Sunset Harbor, Harborside at Atlantis, Marriott Aruba Surf Club, Marriott Grande Ocean, Westin Kierland Villas, Westin Lagunamar
I'm so glad you got your money back! My daughter did also but not without lots of threats. She called Marriott because she was getting the same story that they were waiting on ROFR. She called Marriott and they told her it had never been submitted and, furthermore, there was no such owner.

After that experience, I don't think I would ever buy a timeshare on EBay. There are plenty of legitimate sellers on there, but I think it is an absolute travesty that EBay continues to let companies like this scam people - not to mention the Tennessee Consumer Fraud Department who continue to let them pull off their scams. We know that the local police are well aware of their actions and are the only ones who have even remotely tried to get involved.

icydog

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just want to point out a little letter that has gotten people in trouble with this company before, the letter S.

Sometime ago someone here insisted that redweek has a good reputation here on TUG and elsewhere, and they were dealing with redweeks, the subject of your post. I pointed this out and never saw another post from them in that thread.

Many of these timeshare companies take the name of a legitimate company with a good rep and try to pass themselves as the same company.

Redweeks doesn't actively say they are redweek but the similarity of the names has more than onece made people think they were dealing with the reputable company.

So it's Redweeksforless? I'll correct that immediately.

Beaglemom3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Didn't they go by both for a while ?

I'm not sure, but I think they may have.

Let me check my emails from them.

Addendum/ETA: Or was it redweek4less / redweeks4less ?

-

icydog

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks

I'm so glad you got your money back! My daughter did also but not without lots of threats. She called Marriott because she was getting the same story that they were waiting on ROFR. She called Marriott and they told her it had never been submitted and, furthermore, there was no such owner.

After that experience, I don't think I would ever buy a timeshare on EBay. There are plenty of legitimate sellers on there, but I think it is an absolute travesty that EBay continues to let companies like this scam people - not to mention the Tennessee Consumer Fraud Department who continue to let them pull off their scams. We know that the local police are well aware of their actions and are the only ones who have even remotely tried to get involved.

It's incredible, isn't it, that these things can happen right under Ebay's nose and they do NOTHING about it? I hope my Chase claim put the final nail in their Ebay presence. Thank you for your reply. If it wasn't for Tug I'd be "up the creek without a paddle"

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score

-

Yes! They were Redweek4less before they were Redweeks4less. These days they no longer go by either. When they change their template it will not be as easy to see the new ebay ID's they are using but the best advice is not to buy from any new ebay seller that appears to be a mass seller.

Last edited:

icydog

TUG Member
Reaction score

-

I changed all the entries in my post to reflect the correct spelling. BUT, I don't want to lose sight of the horrible scam they tried, and almost succeeded, perpetrating against me

Beaglemom3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes! They were Redweek4less before they were Redweeks4less. These days they no longer go by either. When they change their template it will not be as easy to see the new ebay ID's they are using but the best advice is not to buy from any new ebay seller that appears to be a mass seller.

Yes, the ol' "bob & weave" tactic. Hard to track down a moving target.

Prior: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/stacy...ing-ia-vacations-money4timsharecom-red-681936

They have sorely underestimated Tuggers.

:D

-

Last edited:

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am betting that bankruptcy is coming soon.

Stacy Gillispie
Date Filed: 02/14/2012
Type: FEDERAL TAX LIEN | Amount: $33,816
Creditor: INTERNAL REVENUE SERVICE

Stacy B Gillispie
Date Filed: 01/13/2014
Type: FEDERAL TAX LIEN | Amount: $110,292

Stacy B Gillispie
Date Filed: 10/15/2014
Type: FEDERAL TAX LIEN | Amount: $27,620

Stacy B Gillispie
Date Filed: 11/18/2014
Type: FEDERAL TAX LIEN | Amount: $19,348

Last edited:

lme_1231

TUG Member
Reaction score
I purchased a timeshare from destinationsrus-2006, AKA Redweek iA Properties, on Ebay last month. I received an estoppel from them, but no contract, nothing. I was informed by VP Title that the deed has been sent to the recorder’s office. After threatening a dispute with my credit card company, the contract was “resent” to me. There are no signatures by anyone on the contract. I have never signed anything in regards to this sale. I keep asking them how they could have filed a deed, and of course get the run around.

So my question is, can they file a deed without any signed documentation or are they just scamming me? I don’t even know what to ask them for anymore; I basically get the same response no matter what I ask. I should have heeded the advice I was given here about them –I won’t make that mistake again!

Thank you in advance for your help!!

Linda

PS - Danny Gillispie is the seller's name used for destinationsrus-2006's Ebay account.

icydog

TUG Member
Reaction score
I purchased a timeshare from destinationsrus-2006, AKA Redweek iA Properties, on Ebay last month. I received an estoppel from them, but no contract, nothing. I was informed by VP Title that the deed has been sent to the recorder’s office. After threatening a dispute with my credit card company, the contract was “resent” to me. There are no signatures by anyone on the contract. I have never signed anything in regards to this sale. I keep asking them how they could have filed a deed, and of course get the run around.

So my question is, can they file a deed without any signed documentation or are they just scamming me? I don’t even know what to ask them for anymore; I basically get the same response no matter what I ask. I should have heeded the advice I was given here about them –I won’t make that mistake again!

Thank you in advance for your help!!

Linda

PS - Danny Gillispie is the seller's name used for destinationsrus-2006's Ebay account.

They are stringing you along hoping you will get past the date the CC company will allow you to dispute your charge. Immediately, call your Credit Card company and file a dispute. They are there 24 hours a day. Tell them you read about a scam they are perpetrating and you want to stop payment. Insist if you have to.

kadija

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi, I have also purchased a timeshare on ebay for seller vacationspots 2014 and believe that I have been taken. I paid through paypal, but with a checking account and unfortunately didn't use a credit card. What course of action is my option because I didn't pay with a credit card. Thanks for any help.