• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2014] Help! [HOA refusing to accept transfer to VSC LLC]

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
John - Per the conversation that Brian had with the management company, this particular LLC is a known Viking Ship Company, and that's why they refused the transfer - not just because they are an LLC.

I disagree - if a company offering to take your timeshare is an LLC it is a red flag and it should be investigated further. Only by investigating, can you know for sure.

I do understand that part of it but there were other posts ragging on LLCs and I just want to re-state the fact that there are far more legit LLCs out there than some people may realize.

And you should investigate anyone wanting your timeshare not just LLCs.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
I gave the example of some HOA's saying no to any non human legal entity, as another constraint of transfer, which probably is no more legal than requiring multiple years maintenance fees as a condition of transferring. Which is an additional impediment in completing this transfer, not withstanding the fact the HOA knows the entity on the recorded deed has no intent to sell, rent or pay the maintenance fees

Last edited:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
In this thread?

Yes, and I think the posters really meant PCC or VSC but instead used LCC.

There were also many posts that used the term LLC instead of the specific company involved here.

.... Then the entities title them to an LLC and bankrupt it, leaving all the other owners paying for legal fees to foreclose the deeds, and maintain the property. ...Jim

They can put it many different forms, not just a LLC.

One more thing, just to be on the "safe" side I think they refuse any LLC (even if it has nothing to do with a Viking Ship org) and even units deeded in the name of a Trust or an type of corporation. It has to be deeded to an individual or specific named individuals. So while many LLC's are Viking ships not all of them are...

The last one did point out that not all LLCs are Viking ships but I would say the vast majority of LLCs are not Viking ships.

The fact that it's an LLC is a red flag right there! ........

In this case I say that it's not the fact that it's a LLC that should raise a flag but the fact that it's an non person. And maybe not a red flag but the need to check further.

I'm just glad I didn't blow off the gentleman wanting my TS just because it was going to his LLC.

I also want to congratulate this management company for working with individuals that want out. Maybe it's because they had such a hard time recovering the deeds that were set sail that they decided to try a different tack.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
John - I think you are reading too much into the use of LLC in this thread - it was just easier for people to type "LLC," than typing out the whole name of the company, so they used "LLC" to refer to the offending company, simply as a convenience.

I think I started it by using LLC in the title, because at that time, that was all we knew about them.

Last edited:

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
John - I think you are reading too much into the use of LLC in this thread - it was just easier for people to type "LLC," than typing out the whole name of the company, so they used "LLC" to refer to the offending company.

I think I started it by using LLC in the title, because at that time, that was all we knew about them.

You are right and that is why I wanted to point out the difference.

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Further clarification may be in order here...

<snip> I would say the vast majority of LLCs are not Viking ships.

Certainly John, there are many completely legitimate LLC business entities and your statement may very well be true and accurate "out in the larger world".

However, I seriously doubt that the statement is statistically true in the very specific, much smaller context of Planet Timeshare, where LLC's are too often ultimately revealed to be just a fictitious, asset-free entity, created for the sole (...dare I say fraudulent ?) deliberately planned intent and purpose of being a soon-enough dissolved and abandoned repository (i.e., Viking Ship) for "acquired" but unwanted timeshares.

There are no available or retrievable statistics from which to draw firm conclusions, but this has been my own admittedly limited observation, opinion and experience.

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I know I will confuse the heck out of everyone using "VSC," so in the future, I will strive to type out "Viking Ship Company," at the beginning of a post, and only use VSC after that.

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I believe VSC (on these boards) stands for Viking Ship Company. That's how I'm using it anyway.

Better check first to see if Denise may have already acquired a copyright... ;)

Last edited:

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was just totally confused by the whole deal - and I kept wondering what Vermont State College had to do with the discussion. :cool:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Certainly John, there are many completely legitimate LLC business entities and your statement may very well be true and accurate "out in the larger world".

However, I seriously doubt that the statement is statistically true in the very specific, much smaller context of Planet Timeshare, where LLC's are too often ultimately revealed to be just a fictitious, asset-free entity, created for the sole (...dare I say fraudulent ?) deliberately planned intent and purpose of being a soon-enough dissolved and abandoned repository (i.e., Viking Ship) for "acquired" but unwanted timeshares.

There are no available or retrievable statistics from which to draw firm conclusions, but this has been my own admittedly limited observation, opinion and experience.

I can't argue with anything you say here, as much as I like to argue, but my one and only experience (as far as I know) with an LLC in Timeshare World was the company I transferred one of my units to so everyone's mileage will vary.

daisy123

Reaction score
Thank you to all for your advice.

OP -- I got my timeshare back from Timeshare Trade-Ins and Southwinds took the timeshare off my hands. Free and clear of the timeshare. Thank you to all for your advice.

Original Post
I traded a Southwind Management property thru Timeshare Trade-ins, LLC for a Summer Winds Resort timeshare in Branson, MO.

So now Timeshare Trade-ins owns the Southwind property. I have all the paperwork – the quit claim deed which was notarized – everything was done. But Southwind Management is saying they do not accept how Timeshare Trade-ins did the paperwork – so now I am liable for the maintenance fees of the Southwind property that I traded in January 2013 (I did pay the maintenance fee in January 2013)

I contacted Timeshare Trade-ins and they are in litigation with Southwind - because Southwind is not accepting that Timeshare Trade-ins, LLC now owns the traded property. This is happening with all the people that traded Southwind property through Timeshare Trade-ins in Branson, MO.

Last edited by a moderator:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
glad to read a happy ending here!