• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2016 ] Restrictions on trading Bonnet Creek into DVC through RCI

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
Have you ever seen one cancelled on a worldmark owner? Worldmark points don't have a home resort, so they aren't really an Orlando resort. I think it is very likely the worldmark owner will be fine.

The revival of this thread from 2016 was because someone who appears to be a non-Worldmark, non-Wyndham owner decided to post on this thread. The only person in this thread with a current concern about cancellation due to the regional block is an owner at Vacation Village at Parkway. If this is what they used to exchange into Disney, I believe they should be concerned.

OldGuy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
some
When you search by Posts, the thread topic is big a bold and the board is small and not bold, so it's easy to post on an inappropriate board when you're looking at the topics.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
When you search by Posts, the thread topic is big a bold and the board is small and not bold, so it's easy to post on an inappropriate board when you're looking at the topics.

That may be true, but it takes some effort to post the same question on five different threads across three different forums as this poster did.

OldGuy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
some
That may be true, but it takes some effort to post the same question on five different threads across three different forums as this poster did.

A for effort?

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Yes, it has been comical to see this poster trying to get answers, but he/ she has to know that none of us knows for sure if their Saratoga Springs exchange is going to get cancelled. Fingers crossed for them.

OldGuy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
some
If I was worried about an exchange getting cancelled, I would go on the Internet and talk about it.

:D

mafinster

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village @ Parkway
I traded Bonnet Creek points into Saratoga Springs through RCI. RCI sent me a confirmation that included this bit of info:

"There is an ownership restriction at this resort. If you made this reservation using points from an Orlando ownership or a resort withing 30 miles of Disneyworld resorts in Orlando, it will be cancelled and you will be notified about rebooking a non-Disney property."

So far I haven't received a cancellation....anybody have any experience with this issue? Thanks!
Oh Yea! It WILL BE CANCELLED! And they are non bending!

mafinster

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village @ Parkway
No doubt about it....THEY WILL CANCEL! I had my whole Disney trip planned out on the app. Bracelets even ordered, and the BAM! I got phone call from my home resort (Vacation Village at Parkway), that my trip was cancelled! We were devastated.

TjTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham CWA
It's good to know the regional block doesn't apply to points systems. I own at Grand Desert and it would be nice to trade into one of the hgvcs in Vegas sometime.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's good to know the regional block doesn't apply to points systems. I own at Grand Desert and it would be nice to trade into one of the hgvcs in Vegas sometime.
I looked into booking HGVC Flamingo in March with RCI and they had a BS daily charge of $25 when booking with RCI. I booked the Grand Desert with RCI with no aditional fees.

Last edited:

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Oh Yea! It WILL BE CANCELLED! And they are non bending!

OP made the exchange into Saratoga Springs in 2016. I'm sure OP knows whether or not it would have been cancelled by now....

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Marriott, DVC
100% resale!!
You can own Wyndham points deeded at Cypress Palms or Bonnet Creek, throw them into RCI weeks and exchange into SSR. Once your Wyndham points are thrown into RCI, they don't have any region affiliation.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
No doubt about it....THEY WILL CANCEL! I had my whole Disney trip planned out on the app. Bracelets even ordered, and the BAM! I got phone call from my home resort (Vacation Village at Parkway), that my trip was cancelled! We were devastated.
I'm sorry that you lost your vacation. Although you were devastated, you shouldn't have been surprised based on the advice you received on this thread.

That said, it is still the case that an exchange made with Bonnet Creek points (or any other Wyndham points-based Orlando property) will NOT likewise be cancelled. Mini-systems like Wyndham are not subject to the regional block, regardless of where an owner is deeded.

ilenekm

TUG Member
Reaction score
I stayed 3 times last year at DVC properties using my Wyndham points It doesn't matter that you own Bonnet Creek

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk