• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

2019 reservation new owner WLR

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am in the process of buying resale a week platinum at Westin Lagunamar Cancun. MF and usage 2019. I have asked the agent to talk to the current owner to book for next spring for us. I am not sure the reservation we are going to get and since we have no contact with the owners we may have to accept what is the easiest for them to book. We asked for a wide range of weeks not knowing what is available and wanting not to sound too picky. I am curious

1) is it easy to change the reservation later when i become the owner (say i want to move it to February or December 2019)?. Is the change done online or on the phone?
2) how close to the check in can the reservation be changed? Can you change the reservation any number of times?
3) if i do not use the week one year, my understanding is that there is no banking for weeks, right?
Thanks a lot

Last edited:

canesfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN x2
WSJ-BV
WLR
It depends on how popular the week is that you are requesting. Of course winter months are harder. Once the 8 month window opens it will be limited as you will be dealing with every one else.

You can change your reservation 60 days to the date of arrival.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

okwiater

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV 2B Plat+ (x2)
WSJ 3B Plat+ (VGV/BV)
WLR 2B Plat+ Oceanside
SMV 2B Plat+
Sheraton Flex (x2)
You can change your reservation 60 days to the date of arrival.

Actually, since this is a voluntary resale week (i.e. not a member of SVN), I believe you can cancel at any time prior to check-in. Rebooking would of course be based on availability.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Actually, since this is a voluntary resale week (i.e. not a member of SVN), I believe you can cancel at any time prior to check-in. Rebooking would of course be based on availability.
Thank you, it sounds pretty flexible. Can the reservation be done/changed online or only over the phone?

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
If you buy platinum season resale, you will not be able to reserve early December because that is gold season.

Lagunamar is a wonderful resort.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you buy platinum season resale, you will not be able to reserve early December because that is gold season.

Lagunamar is a wonderful resort.
That's a good point. As a platinum owner, is it hard is to book weeks 51 or 52?

okwiater

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV 2B Plat+ (x2)
WSJ 3B Plat+ (VGV/BV)
WLR 2B Plat+ Oceanside
SMV 2B Plat+
Sheraton Flex (x2)
That's a good point. As a platinum owner, is it hard is to book weeks 51 or 52?

Not if you book a year in advance. If you wait, they will start booking up.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
3) if i do not use the week one year, my understanding is that there is no banking for weeks, right?
Thanks a lot
You can buy an II membership and deposit it. It is good for current use year plus 2 full years expiring on Dec 31st of the 3rd year.

VaMtnMan

Reaction score
So if you own a Platinum week, you can't book in Gold weeks?

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Correct, you can only book the season you own.
somebody told me that they may allow from platinum to gold sometimes. It would make sense if they did it. I am not sure if it is true or not though.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
It's not true - You have to have Staroptions to reserve anything, except exactly what you own.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's not true - You have to have Staroptions to reserve anything, except exactly what you own.
It did not sound true when the person told me, thanks for clarifying this

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
UPDATE, i got the confirmation that the current owners actually did book a week for us in 2019 and it is our first choice on the list, pretty happy about it. I am still glad i got the answers from this forum in case we need to change it.

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Great! Be sure that the week is specified on the purchase as being transferred to you with the ownership, and 2019 as your first usage year, and call the title department to make sure of the procedure:

Title Dept.
Phone 1-800-729-8246 ext. 62291
Fax 1-407-418-7211
Email to send deeds to - titlechanges@vistana.com

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Great! Be sure that the week is specified on the purchase as being transferred to you with the ownership, and 2019 as your first usage year, and call the title department to make sure of the procedure:

Title Dept.
Phone 1-800-729-8246 ext. 62291
Fax 1-407-418-7211
Email to send deeds to - titlechanges@vistana.com
Thanks again. By the way, is there a directory of useful numbers/email addresses for Vistana, Sheraton Vistana Bella and Westin Lagunamar in case i need to reach certain departments once i become owner?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The resorts don't handle any owner services directly - you would contact the central owner services number for just about everything:

Owner Services: 1-888-786-9637 or 1-407-903-4635
Elite Owner Services: - 1-888-786-3548

To pay maintenance fees, make reservations and add special requests, I would do it online, using the villa finder and the other features on the owner's dashboard. But, you can't access it until you are officially an owner: https://login.vistana.com/login

If you have an important questions - send a message using the owner dashboard. The more experieced Reps. respond to the messages, and you are more likely to get an accurate answer. When you call, you sometimes get a Rep that doesn't know what they are talking about.

Last edited: