• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

24 Cancellation Period for II - When Does It Start?

cali-gal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Maui Ocean Club, Ka'anapali Beach Club (Diamond)
This morning I opened my email to see confirmation of an exchange through II. Unfortunately, our vacation dates changed and now the date of the exchange won't work. I called to cancel the reservation, not realizing that there is no one answering phones until tomorrow morning. I wasn't worried, since I figured I had until tomorrow morning. However, I happened to take a harder look at the email and saw it was sent 11:48 PM on 3/26.

I didn't even find out the dates wouldn't work until today after 6:00 PM today. Is it possible they will let me cancel since I didn't actually GET the email until this morning? I know about E-Plus, but I'd rather just cancel. Has anyone had an experience with this or know if canceling is still possible?

Thank you all for your invaluable help.

melissy123

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
This has happened to me. I would suggest you reply back to the confirmation email right now and say you want to cancel. Also state that you will call first thing in the morning.

cali-gal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thank you so much for the advice! I'll do as you suggest and report back with what happens.

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you so much for the advice! I'll do as you suggest and report back with what happens.

I had great service a couple of weeks ago, when I needed to cancel by Sat night. I went to the Customer Support link at the bottom right of every Interval webpage, and then Email Us. A form pops up. Select Exchange > Cancellation. Enter the exchange number. Tell them to return the request to "pending status". They emailed me within an hour for me to "confirm" that I wanted to cancel. Then they wrote again a couple hours later to let me know the cancellation was complete.

cali-gal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I replied back to the confirmation certificate email last night, and several hours later received a response asking me to confirm that I wanted to cancel. I saw the email this morning, but was concerned that I would lose my exchange fee and really wanted to talk with a live person, so I called the number I was sent in the response. That number was the Marriott Interval line. I was told that if I canceled, the fee would not be refunded. I figured I'd just go to E-Plus, but wasn't too happy about that because I would be locked into the E-Plus trading time-frame. I kind of ruminated on the situation throughout the morning. This afternoon, I decided to call the regular Interval International exchange line on the Interval website, and got a wonderful agent who was kind enough to cancel the existing reservation and put in new dates utilizing the fee I already paid. So I'm back to being whole and am very happy with the very helpful agent who really went above and beyond the call of duty.

cali-gal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I had great service a couple of weeks ago, when I needed to cancel by Sat night. I went to the Customer Support link at the bottom right of every Interval webpage, and then Email Us. A form pops up. Select Exchange > Cancellation. Enter the exchange number. Tell them to return the request to "pending status". They emailed me within an hour for me to "confirm" that I wanted to cancel. Then they wrote again a couple hours later to let me know the cancellation was complete.

That's GREAT information! I didn't know that was an option, so I'll definitely note that for the future. Thank you!