• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

72 hours in Dublin

vacation dreaming

TUG Member
Reaction score
First time in Ireland, only have 72 hours. My husband and I are celebrating 20 year anniversary with a long weekend. I would love to do a day trip but I am worried that it is too much with the time change from U.S. and such a short amount of time. Any private tour recommendations of Dublin and/or day trips from Dublin?

mjm1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
There are day trips that you can take if you don’t want to rent a car and drive yourself. A couple of ideas:

- Cliffs of Moher, Burren and Galway- full day
- Powerscourt House and Gardens, Wicklow and Glendalough- I think half day.

And of course there is plenty to see in Dublin itself.

As they say, “Let’s have have a pint on that.”

Best regards.

Mike

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt
We really liked Newgrange/Bru na Boinne, which is a half-day trip north of Dublin.
Kilmainhaim Gaol in Dublin is well recommended too. Must sign up for a tour time for the Gaol.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
Just enjoy Dublin. Plenty of things to do there.

Trips abroad do not need to like an episode of the Amazing Race.

But if you feel the need, the Cliffs of Mohr is what I would do. No matter what the weather - it is a sight to behold.

kanerf

TUG Member
Reaction score
I rather like the hop on/hop off bus tours. When you get to a site you want to spend some time at, you are not limited and can just grab the next bus when it comes by to continue your tour. It is Dublin after all and everything is in English. Don't need a tour guide unless you want one.

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
If you stay in town, we loved the archeological museum (free). Also popped into trinity college and leaked temple bar area.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
One bit of advice:
Do not have a pint just before getting on the H/O, H/O bus.
You may fall asleep and miss the whole round... B/T, D/T.

Bill4728

Reaction score
Another vote for just do Dublin.

The Guinness factory tour, Jamisons tour, Trinity College, The "Jail" and of course the temple bar district

You need reservations for the guinness tour and the jail tour both are about 2 hours.

Have a great time

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
The Jamison Distillery in Dublin is primarily maintained as a tourist location. The big Distillery is in Cork. If the ask for volunteers quickly raise your hand. While everyone gets a snort of Jamison at the end the volunteers become whisky tasters at the end - small pour of American, Scots, and Jamison. Then your official Jamison pour. They sell some Jamisons at the Distillery that are not sold any where else

chellej

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The Jamison Distillery in Dublin is primarily maintained as a tourist location. The big Distillery is in Cork. If the ask for volunteers quickly raise your hand. While everyone gets a snort of Jamison at the end the volunteers become whisky tasters at the end - small pour of American, Scots, and Jamison. Then your official Jamison pour. They sell some Jamisons at the Distillery that are not sold any where else

DH had been to the distillery and brought home a bottle as a souvenir. DD & her husband were house sitting for us and drank it....thinking they could buy a bottle here to replace it....somehow it was just not the same