• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

8wks and counting for Title Transfer

mjm1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
I am glad to these reports of a quick turnaround time. They seem to be getting their act together since earlier this year when we completed our purchase. Congratulations to everyone on their purchases and completed transfers. Enjoy your new units.

Best regards.

Mike

jjking42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV and SVV, Wyndham Canterbury, Wyndham Flagstaff
Got an email that my account got transferred yesterday. I created a log in and can see my ownership today. However under VSN member it said NO and it shows no star options. I can only book my home resort WKV. This must be a transfer problem since all WKV is mandatory. What are the odds I can get this fixed on Saturday. I am on hold now.

May 6th to June 28th it took them 8 weeks.

jjking42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wow they tried to tell me that Star options wont show up in my account until July 5th because of a rescission period. I explained that I purchased resale 2 months ago and their is no rescission period. On hold again but no help. Bottom line thy took 8 weeks to put it in my name and "the transfer is not complete and they need another week because its mandatory to add the Star Options."

Not a good start with Vistana customer service.

I hope Marriott does a better job with my Hyatt resale transfer than the WKV. They were quick on the Hyatt ROFR part.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX

I hope Marriott does a better job with my Hyatt resale transfer than the WKV. They were quick on the Hyatt ROFR part.

I believe all of the back office work has been transferred to Marriott so you are not dealing with the former Vistana but with the new Marriott Vacations.

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
Got an email that my account got transferred yesterday. I created a log in and can see my ownership today. However under VSN member it said NO and it shows no star options. I can only book my home resort WKV. This must be a transfer problem since all WKV is mandatory. What are the odds I can get this fixed on Saturday. I am on hold now.

May 6th to June 28th it took them 8 weeks.
That’s odd. My SOs were showing in my account same time.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
Signing contract on SVV Key West EOY 2 bedroom Lockout. Hope it passes. ROFR, Something we Vistana owners never really worried about before. Seems like it’s going to be tough with greedy Marriott. I wish vistana was never purchased by MVG

byeloe

TUG Member
Reaction score
Signing contract on SVV Key West EOY 2 bedroom Lockout. Hope it passes. ROFR, Something we Vistana owners never really worried about before. Seems like it’s going to be tough with greedy Marriott. I wish vistana was never purchased by MVG
I didn't think there was ROFR at SVV

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
I didn't think there was ROFR at SVV
Good to know! Lovely, since it’s a mandatory phase and I’m getting a ton of options for a few hundred bucks.

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
Yes, I haven’t had any issues. Now the Hyatt that we are closing on is my concern.

byeloe

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good to know! Lovely, since it’s a mandatory phase and I’m getting a ton of options for a few hundred bucks.
It's all about the MF, if you plan to keep it for a while

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
It's all about the MF, if you plan to keep it for a while
I completely understand what you’re saying. I think that’s what started me on the “get rid of HRA and buy more options in mandatory resort” road. The SVV at 95,700 options is def not as good as WKV for 148K options for same MF as SVV. But I’m not buying in at $15k. I plan on keeping them a bit, but then again, travel plans change. It’s easier to drop $500 right now than $15k. I’d much rather a WKV 2 bedroom lockout trust me lol.

byeloe

TUG Member
Reaction score
I completely understand what you’re saying. I think that’s what started me on the “get rid of HRA and buy more options in mandatory resort” road. The SVV at 95,700 options is def not as good as WKV for 148K options for same MF as SVV. But I’m not buying in at $15k. I plan on keeping them a bit, but then again, travel plans change. It’s easier to drop $500 right now than $15k. I’d much rather a WKV 2 bedroom lockout trust me lol.
Yes the buy-in price is exactly why I picked up SVV Bella and Keywest 2bedroom 81000 SO units a couple years ago.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Yes the buy-in price is exactly why I picked up SVV Bella and Keywest 2bedroom 81000 SO units a couple years ago.
Ok so I’m not so far off. I’m. Just questioning if I should have done two annuals instead of one and one. But 95K on top of my other 95K next year plus the 51K banked from this year. I may have an abundance of options lol. Especially when i have 3 different Europe trips next year. Either way, I’m spending less yearly on maint fees than i was with HRA and SVV annuals. So glad my HRA went very quickly.

YYJMSP

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ok so I’m not so far off. I’m. Just questioning if I should have done two annuals instead of one and one. But 95K on top of my other 95K next year plus the 51K banked from this year. I may have an abundance of options lol. Especially when i have 3 different Europe trips next year. Either way, I’m spending less yearly on maint fees than i was with HRA and SVV annuals. So glad my HRA went very quickly.

I'm not aware of any way in which those purchases would realistically get you accommodations in Europe, or am I missing something?

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
I'm not aware of any way in which those purchases would realistically get you accommodations in Europe, or am I missing something?
I’ll have an abundance of star options because I have 3 separate trips to Europe next year not using my VOI’s. Sorry I should have clarified that.

YYJMSP

TUG Member
Reaction score
I’ll have an abundance of star options because I have 3 separate trips to Europe next year not using my VOI’s. Sorry I should have clarified that.

ah, gotcha, you'll have tons leftover not currently being planned for use...

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
ah, gotcha, you'll have tons leftover not currently being planned for use...
Yup, which makes me glad I did the EOY as my 2nd ownership. Having two annuals before that with banking one was starting to add up.

jjking42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wow they tried to tell me that Star options wont show up in my account until July 5th because of a rescission period. I explained that I purchased resale 2 months ago and their is no rescission period. On hold again but no help. Bottom line thy took 8 weeks to put it in my name and "the transfer is not complete and they need another week because its mandatory to add the Star Options."

Star Options showed up in account today

jjking42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Now they tell me it will be anther 60 days before I get an II number assigned.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
The II account was about six weeks for ours to be setup or have any new ownerships added to it.

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
I just received a II package for our WKV.

teddyo333

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana:
Westin Kierland (x2)
WKORV - OV (x2)
Desert Oasis (x6)
Vistana Villages - Bella
Vistana Villages - Key West
Sheraton Broadway Plantation (2BR Lockout)
Marriott:
Marriott Grande Ocean
I submitted a transfer request directly to the title department, with recorded deed attached, on June 20th (WKORV property). It was added to my account in July 11th (@ 3 weeks).

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
My recent WLR purchase just showed up in my account. Approx 4 weeks since docs sent to Vistana
I just want to make sure I understand, Vistana transferred one contract in 2 weeks and a second one in 4 from the moment they received the transfer docs?

I am waiting for a WLR contract to be transferred; I am told Vistana received the docs from Chicago title on June 27th, the closing company emailed them on June 21st. I did not know an email can take that long! Vistana told me Yesterday I should expect 6-8 weeks from June 27th. I felt the person on the phone had now idea of the real progress, she was just giving me a standard answer.

byeloe

TUG Member
Reaction score
yes, it was approx 4 weeks from when the closing companies received my notarized documents. I was surprised to see it showing up on my vistana account

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
I just want to make sure I understand, Vistana transferred one contract in 2 weeks and a second one in 4 from the moment they received the transfer docs?

I am waiting for a WLR contract to be transferred; I am told Vistana received the docs from Chicago title on June 27th, the closing company emailed them on June 21st. I did not know an email can take that long! Vistana told me Yesterday I should expect 6-8 weeks from June 27th. I felt the person on the phone had now idea of the real progress, she was just giving me a standard answer.
They are prob delaying so your resale week will close after they announce a joint program LOL. Ugh