• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Add night to reservation

Bsachetti

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Boulevard and Flamingo
I have a reservation for a high-demand weekend but would like to add Thursday to the reservation. There is a ton of availability for Thursday but the weekend is sold out so I can't seem to do this online. Seems like this should be a simple process but I can't seem to accomplish this online.

Does anyone know how to do this online, or if this can be done by calling them?

Thanks!

JohnPaul

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
I added a night (to the end) to a reservation on line by just clicking the "change reservation" link next to the reservation. Then just move the lines to cover the new dates and follow prompts.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
There was a glitch wherein the system thought there had to be availability for existing dates to add a day.
Supposedly, that was fixed, but you may need to call to ask them to do it for you.

Last edited:

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
If you can't do it online, then call it in. From my experience, sometimes this can be done online and sometimes not.

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Call them and ask for a confirmation to be sent to your email. That way you will have it in writing in case it falls thru the cracks.
Silentg

Tamaradarann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
Call them and ask for a confirmation to be sent to your email. That way you will have it in writing in case it falls thru the cracks.
Silentg
From my experience in changing reservations you can usually do it on line. However, certain times I had to call them and tell them that the system wouldn't let me do it on line and they would do it for me without cost.

They will automatically send you a reservation confirmation. Furthermore, you can and should go on line and see that the reservation has been changed on the system. I usually don't attention to the e-mails I like to see the reservation listed the way I want.

tk25

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Kings Land 12,600 points; Sea World 8400 points and Las Vegas Boulevard 7000 points
I have done this online but several times could not do online and it was done easily without any charge by calling 800 number

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
There was a glitch wherein the system thought there had to be availability for existing dates to add a day.
Supposedly, that was fixed, but you may need to call to ask them to do it for you.

I had this problem in the past, but not for the last 6-12 months. However in the last update HGVC did to the website they introduced a glitch so you can't book west57 online within the 44 day booking window. Maybe this glitch have been re-introduced together with the west57 glitch.

Just tried to "change" my reservation at Tuscany for october and even with availability on my checkout day, I can't add the day if i wanted to. My current reservation does not "show up" on the availability overview. :-(

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
My current reservation does not "show up" on the availability overview.

I had the same issue a few days ago ("My Reservation" list wasn't being updated for any new/changed reservations). I reported the issue and my list was fixed within a few hours. I just thought that it was a temporary glitch in the system. Well, maybe it isn't.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
I made a May 2019 reservation on Sat, then added two nights yesterday, showed up right away both times so if there is a glitch its not persistent.

Its a lot easier to do at nine months when there is plenty of inventory available.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
I tried to modify a reservation at west57 and I don’t have the problem here even with no other availability. I then tried to modify my ressi at Tuscany and was unable to :-(

Tamaradarann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
I made a May 2019 reservation on Sat, then added two nights yesterday, showed up right away both times so if there is a glitch its not persistent.

Its a lot easier to do at nine months when there is plenty of inventory available.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
The problem has always been one when availability for the entire reservation that you are trying to make without considering the reservation that you already have is not there. The system didn't recognize the say eight nights you have and that the next night is available so you should be able to make the reservation nine nights. Has anyone who has the problem mentioned it to the call desk and written an e-mail to Input so that we can get an answer about what is happening? I don't have any reservation that I need extended right now or I would.

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
The problem has always been one when availability for the entire reservation that you are trying to make without considering the reservation that you already have is not there. The system didn't recognize the say eight nights you have and that the next night is available so you should be able to make the reservation nine nights. Has anyone who has the problem mentioned it to the call desk and written an e-mail to Input so that we can get an answer about what is happening? I don't have any reservation that I need extended right now or I would.

I mentioned it when we first moved over to the new booking engine and then though nothing of it. The problem does however not exist for the west 57 property

Tamaradarann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I mentioned it when we first moved over to the new booking engine and then though nothing of it. The problem does however not exist for the west 57 property
I had the same problem when the new reservation system was launched and I told them and they fixed it. I have added nites to many reservations when total availability was not there except for what I had on my existing reservation since then without a problem. From what I read from others, this seems to be a new problem that may have cropped up. I can't determine if it is since I am not changing any reservations now, and I can't even test it since the reservations I do have are not candidates for a test since there is either no availability at all to extend to, or there is an abundance and it would not be a test since the entire reservation would be available.

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had the same problem when the new reservation system was launched and I told them and they fixed it. I have added nites to many reservations when total availability was not there except for what I had on my existing reservation since then without a problem. From what I read from others, this seems to be a new problem that may have cropped up. I can't determine if it is since I am not changing any reservations now, and I can't even test it since the reservations I do have are not candidates for a test since there is either no availability at all to extend to, or there is an abundance and it would not be a test since the entire reservation would be available.

If you have a reservation and you can see that there are no availability either before or after then just try and change it. If you current reservation shows up in the booking engine and you could potentially book the same dates again then you are all good. If the dates don’t show up you have the problem too.

Tamaradarann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If you have a reservation and you can see that there are no availability either before or after then just try and change it. If you current reservation shows up in the booking engine and you could potentially book the same dates again then you are all good. If the dates don’t show up you have the problem too.

I tried what you suggested and was able to see my reservation. I also saw that 1 Saturday night was not available for a new reservation during one of my reservations in April 2019. I tried to extend it by 1 night that was available and was able to do it since I had the Saturday night that wasn't available in my reservation. Therefore, I am good.

SHG

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Riviera Beach and Spa, Dana Point
HGVC Flamingo
HGVC on Blvd
Hyatt Beach House
OK, just got of the phone with Hilton for the second time..... This problem of not being able to change reservations on line still exist! "Sometimes the system can be glitchy" is what they say. Try and re-log in, try a different browser..... Bottom line, they do not have a fix yet!

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
This problem of not being able to change reservations on line still exist! "Sometimes the system can be glitchy" is what they say. Try and re-log in, try a different browser..... Bottom line, they do not have a fix yet!

I have been having issues also with changing reservations. I would agree that the system is glitchy (sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't). I have tried different browser and that doesn't help.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Clearing your browser's cache and/or cookies may help.
That's what a tech had me do with a pesky log in issue, and voila!