TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in as a member*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 24 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TUG started 25 years ago this month in 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Check out our happy birthday post here: Happy Birthday TUG!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $10,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $10Million dollars
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. TUG is trying out a new program that will trade you a TUG membership for a Timeshare resort review if you are an expired member, or even just a guest here on the forums!

Read more here
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  9. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice

Advice for Ft. Myers/Naples/Sanibel area

Discussion in 'US - Florida Timesharing' started by needhelp, Jul 16, 2018.

1. Sugarcubesea

Sugarcubesea TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    SDO, QH, & Pinestead Reef
    Thank you for the info on sharket.com, didn't even know that existed... Great idea, I think I will visit some of the others I'm interested in and talk to the management... I appreciate all of the info and great idea about talking to the folks at the pool area...

2. Sugarcubesea

Sugarcubesea TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    So funny, yes, I feel that these weeks will still be for sale next year.....LOL

Jan M. likes this.
  3. stevio99

stevio99 TUG Member

Here's what I know about the area:

Cheapest will definitely be a points reservation via Bluegreen. You can get BG points almost anywhere, just get em where you can cheapest. They have quite a few affiliate resorts in the area. The real question is availability. I'm not part of the system, so others would have to chime in.

There's the HGVCs in Sanibel/captiva. Those will probably be big bucks. Hyatt Coconut looks real nice too.

The last place I just stayed in was Coral Shores in North Reddington. When I stayed there I was just north of the red tide, but it looks like it has recently swooped into that area too. Coral Shores was quite nice, but quiet. If you consider it, DO NOT buy a studio, as it is way too cramped. The 1 and two BR looked awesome, and the place is kept meticuously clean.

Sugarcubesea likes this.
  4. bocamike

bocamike TUG Member

I own at Vanderbilt Beach and Harbour, the last for sale list I looked at back in August had 2 week 50's listed. 1 was 2500 the other 3500. both in the bay side building. Thought these were fair asking prices.

Good luck in your search
    Mike

Sugarcubesea likes this.
  5. Sugarcubesea

Sugarcubesea TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Hi Mike:

Thank you so much for your input. I made an offer on 2 gulf side units and both of those units were over $6,500 in asking price.

Can I ask is the bay side as nice as the gulf side? Thank you also for stating that you felt the prices on the bay side were fair and reasonable.

Jan M. likes this.
  6. bocamike

bocamike TUG Member

Yes it is as nice. Most people seem to prefer the Gulf side for the view. I own on the Gulf side but, would not hesitate to purchase on the Bay side. The views of the Bay and homes and boats is just fine in my opinion. When I'm there I used the Bay side pool in the mornings 10-12:30 or so because the sun on the Gulf side pool is blocked by the building till about 12:30 or so. There are grills on both sides. I don't think you would be disappointed either way.

Mike

Jan M. and Sugarcubesea like this.
  7. rapmarks

rapmarks TUG Review Crew: Elite TUG Member

We are booked dec 15 thru RCI. Glad to hear the bay side is nice too. We live about twenty minutes away, and would consider owning also. We have stayed three times at the timeshare a few doors down, and my cousin does monthly rental at the north end of the road , across from Delnor Wiggins

Sugarcubesea likes this.
  8. Sugarcubesea

Sugarcubesea TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Mike:

Thank you for the information, I think I will call the realtor I was working with and see what bay side unit’s are available

9. mrsstats

mrsstats TUG Member

We just stayed there about 2 weeks ago and we stayed on the Bay side. I actually was glad to be on that side. I thought it was a pretty view.

Sugarcubesea and rapmarks like this.
  10. rapmarks

rapmarks TUG Review Crew: Elite TUG Member

What is situation with beach chairs and umbrellas. Bring your own rent or available free?

Sugarcubesea likes this.
  11. bocamike

bocamike TUG Member

There is a beach attendant on site that rents beach chairs/umbrellas and a few other things. Don't remember the cost, remember it was fairly reasonable something like $15. for 2 chairs and umbrella for the day.

They also have a couple of pontoon boats for rent from the bay side dock, either by the half day or full day, something around $85. half day, $150. full day. There are also complimentary bikes available for guest use.

Mike

Last edited: Oct 13, 2018
    Sugarcubesea and rapmarks like this.
  12. Sugarcubesea

Sugarcubesea TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Mike: Do you have to reserve the pontoon boats in advance of your visit, or just make the reservation at check in?

13. bocamike

bocamike TUG Member

Probably best to call the resort and ask them. I've haven't rented them in my past visits, keep thinking about it just haven't done it yet. They don't seem to be leaving the dock constantly, probably depends on what time of year your there.

Mike

Sugarcubesea likes this.