• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Affiliate resort reservation question

RRedlich

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Vero Beach
DVC Saratoga Springs
Wyndham Avenue Plaza
Wyndham La Bell Maison
Wyndham Bentley Brook
Wyndham Kingsgate
Charter Club, Marco Island
I purchased Charter Club at Marco Island last spring and to my surprise the transfer of the property was completed and I enjoyed a week in August of 2018. Love the resort. Unfortunately, I was too late to book a week with in the gold season 2019. I was able to book the last week of August for 2019. In the mean time, I paid for the club membership and am allocated 5000 points for the weeks I deposit in the future.

My question pertains to canceling an affiliate week reservation and making a reservation through the membership. The week, I have in August of 2019 is difficult for my family to make and also is only valued at 3400 points. If I cancel this reservation, would I be given 5000 points or 3400 points? Also when is the last day to complete this transaction.

I appreciate any insight as I am learning this club.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
I purchased Charter Club at Marco Island last spring and to my surprise the transfer of the property was completed and I enjoyed a week in August of 2018. Love the resort. Unfortunately, I was too late to book a week with in the gold season 2019. I was able to book the last week of August for 2019. In the mean time, I paid for the club membership and am allocated 5000 points for the weeks I deposit in the future.

My question pertains to canceling an affiliate week reservation and making a reservation through the membership. The week, I have in August of 2019 is difficult for my family to make and also is only valued at 3400 points. If I cancel this reservation, would I be given 5000 points or 3400 points? Also when is the last day to complete this transaction.

I appreciate any insight as I am learning this club.
Do you own a flex week? If yes, you will only get points for the week you are assigned so if its a 3400 point week you will get 3400 not 5000.

A possible way around it is to call charter club and see if any 5000 point weeks are still available and if they can change the week.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
Do you own a flex week? If yes, you will only get points for the week you are assigned so if its a 3400 point week you will get 3400 not 5000.

A possible way around it is to call charter club and see if any 5000 point weeks are still available and if they can change the week.

I believe he said he his allocated 5000 points (gold 2 bedroom) and he reserved what sounds like a gold season 1 bedroom. If he cancels the reservation, will he get his full 5000 points back?

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I believe he said he his allocated 5000 points (gold 2 bedroom) and he reserved what sounds like a gold season 1 bedroom. If he cancels the reservation, will he get his full 5000 points back?
The week he cancels in the hgvc system will be for the points for the week he currently has. If he traded within hgvc and his original week was 5000 points he wasn’t charged 5000 points, only 3400 for the week he cannot use now.

If the resort gave him the week to use then he can call them. If it was a flex week probably only if they have a 5000 point week left they will help.

If the original week was a fixed week and it wasn’t traded in hgvc, then the other scenario would be as an affiliate the option was to trade straight thru rci and bypass hgvc, being tpu, no going back to hgvc points.

Possible the resort gave him another fixed week for the original fixed week, then I don’t know.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
With flex weeks at some of these affiliates, you don't own a set number of points, you just own the flex week which can float across multiple HGVC seasons (Plat, Gold, Silver, etc.). Each year, as an owner, you make your week reservation with the resort (usually a lottery is involved), and based on what HGVC season your week is that year, that determines the number of points you would receive if you decide to turn it over to HGVC for points.

BTW, the OP did not get a 3400 point week, it had to have been a 3500 point week (2BR in Silver season), since Charter Club only has 2BR units.

Kurt

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
With flex weeks at some of these affiliates, you don't own a set number of points, you just own the flex week which can float across multiple HGVC seasons (Plat, Gold, Silver, etc.). Each year, as an owner, you make your week reservation with the resort (usually a lottery is involved), and based on what HGVC season your week is that year, that determines the number of points you would receive if you decide to turn it over to HGVC for points.

BTW, the OP did not get a 3400 point week, it had to have been a 3500 point week (2BR in Silver season), since Charter Club only has 2BR units.

Kurt

So if the OP were to cancel their 2019 reservationmand put the points into HGVC, would they get the full 5000? My guess is yes, but I’m not sure.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So if the OP were to cancel their 2019 reservationmand put the points into HGVC, would they get the full 5000? My guess is yes, but I’m not sure.
Only if the 2019 reservation week he got is a week worth 5000 points. Its value is not what he could get, its what he got.

RRedlich

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Vero Beach
DVC Saratoga Springs
Wyndham Avenue Plaza
Wyndham La Bell Maison
Wyndham Bentley Brook
Wyndham Kingsgate
Charter Club, Marco Island
The week he cancels in the hgvc system will be for the points for the week he currently has. If he traded within hgvc and his original week was 5000 points he wasn’t charged 5000 points, only 3400 for the week he cannot use now.

If the resort gave him the week to use then he can call them. If it was a flex week probably only if they have a 5000 point week left they will help.

If the original week was a fixed week and it wasn’t traded in hgvc, then the other scenario would be as an affiliate the option was to trade straight thru rci and bypass hgvc, being tpu, no going back to hgvc points.

Possible the resort gave him another fixed week for the original fixed week, then I don’t know.

Thank you for the information. Yes I own a flex week and the week I booked is not a gold week it is worth on 3400. So I will call resort and see if I can get a gold week as you suggested.f

Deb & Bill

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC - OKW, Sold BRV; Used to own Charter Club Marco Island
Thank you for the information. Yes I own a flex week and the week I booked is not a gold week it is worth on 3400. So I will call resort and see if I can get a gold week as you suggested.f
Just give them a call and ask them what weeks they still have available in 2019. I just traded a week in October for a week in Dec yesterday. I think it is Oct 12 - 19. So that should be available.