TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in as a member*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 25 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $13,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $13Million dollars
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. TUG is trying out a new program that will trade you a TUG membership for a Timeshare resort review if you are an expired member, or even just a guest here on the forums!

Read more here
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  8. TUG has now joined Priceline.com as an affiliate!

Members and guests who book air travel, rental cars and even Cruise Vacations thru TUG's priceline links will now support TUG in the process!

Read more here
  9. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice

Airbnb rental permit registration

Discussion in 'Wyndham Vacation Resorts' started by jules54, Dec 3, 2019.

1. jules54

jules54 TUG Member

Did not want to post this on the other thread as it would have been on page 2 and a lot of people might not read that far.

I Airbnb and VRBO my Wyndham points reservations in New Orleans. A few years this whole permit registration started and it's for each property you rent. It's a city thing not a state thing. At the time I tried to register but the city made it impossible as they wanted proof of ownership. Contracts and maintenance fees assesments were not enough. The city wanted a letter from Wyndham Vacations Club. Wyndham would not provide this and as the phone reps know nothing I went further up the ladder no luck. Well it's like Airbnb and the city gave up on the entire registration process as I never got regristered and they never cancelled my listings.
    Then last summer the registration permit thing started again. I ignored it hoping for the best. It was to be done by Dec.1. The last week in November I got a phone call from rep at Airbnb. She left me a message and sent me an email. She explained I should follow the registration link on my listings and there was a spot to put permit number or you could click on exempt which hotels and resorts properties are exempt from needing a permit as the hotel already has that. Happy camper was I. It worked like a dream took 3 minutes.
    Now I have to try and deal with VRBO in the same manner as I received an email from them they have pulled down my ads due to lack of permits.

2. SNA27

SNA27 TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Wyndham Grand Desert - Flagstaff - Waikiki-Beachwalk+2PICs - Bonnet-Creek - Smoky-Mountains - NO CWA/NO RESALE
    Where exactly is this EXEMPT option? I don't see it.

upload_2019-12-3_14-28-17.png

3. SNA27

SNA27 TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Wyndham Grand Desert - Flagstaff - Waikiki-Beachwalk+2PICs - Bonnet-Creek - Smoky-Mountains - NO CWA/NO RESALE
    This is what I have on the Property page:
    upload_2019-12-3_14-34-23.png

4. jules54

jules54 TUG Member

I followed through on the registration email and voice mail message Airbnb sent me for my NOLA properties. The exempt was at the top of page. Need to click on. I can't say for any other city besides NOLA I hv the got notice on those properties as of yet.
    Right now I'm trying to contact VRBO by email which seems impossible. Guess I'll hv to break down and give them a call eekk

5. SNA27

SNA27 TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Is my description of the property correct? Is that how you describe them too in your listing?

6. DRIless

DRIless Guest

I'm having trouble with AIRBNB on my timeshare listings ... they cancelled most of them. They are listed as Serviced Apartments when you look at the examples of Serviced Apartments the last example is TIMESHARE. They say my listimgs aren't properly categorized, I'm at my wits end.

7. SNA27

SNA27 TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    I found this to be the most appropriate.

upload_2019-12-4_13-45-28.png

8. jules54

jules54 TUG Member

Probably time for you both to make calls to Airbnb and explain your properties are hotel/resorts. I wanted to share my story so others were aware.

SNA27 I was surprised to see you were renting your Wyndham properties on Airbnb as you seem like such a newbie owner. Or was it not a Wyndham property that your renting?

9. SNA27

SNA27 TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Newbie from 2016. I got sucked in July 2016. I never used my points in 2017 deposited into RCI, still sitting there expires 8/2020. I started using from February 2018. Got suckered again and but at least, I have been using Wyndham. I became an accidental Host on Airbnb in May 2019, when my son couldn't use the reservation I made for him at National Harbor. On my 4th rental right now! Just making lemonade!;)

10. jules54

jules54 TUG Member

Glad it hear your making lemonade. Renting off ads on Airbnb is not cake walk lol

needhelp likes this.