• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

ALL INVENTORY GONE!!!

Lisa P

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Points
Right now, I see points reservation availability in both 1BR Deluxe and 2 BR Deluxe units for 5 nights, the last week of November, with Sunday, Nov. 26 check-in and Friday, Dec. 1 check-out:
upload_2017-11-22_11-28-1.png

...and NOTHING available for points reservations on December nights (even midweek) in any unit size in early or mid-December? :shrug:

BUT... look here at the rental option, for both (four!) 1BR Deluxe and (four!) 2 BR Deluxe units for 5 nights, the week before Christmas, with Sunday, Dec. 17 check-in and Friday, Dec. 22 check-out:

upload_2017-11-22_11-36-13.png

How FRUSTRATING! :wall: That is so wrong!

Attachments

• upload_2017-11-22_11-18-46.png
    upload_2017-11-22_11-18-46.png
    170.2 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Right now, I see availability in both 1BR Deluxe and 2 BR Deluxe units for 5 nights, the last week of November., with Sunday, Nov. 26 check-in and Friday, Dec. 1 check-out:
View attachment 5133

...and NOTHING for December nights (even midweek) on points in any unit size in early or mid-December? :shrug:

BUT... look here at the rental option, for both 1BR Deluxe and 2 BR Deluxe units for 5 nights, with Sunday, Dec. 17 check-in and Friday, Dec. 22 check-out:

View attachment 5134

How FRUSTRATING! :wall:

And that is the problem. As owners we are not, and have not ever, been locked out of inventory by "mega renters" and other owners. We are locked out by Wyndham's enterprise of Extra Holidays which loves to rent rooms for profit, especially during peak times when inventory is gone at ten months.

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wyndham advises there is nothing being held due to weather at Bonnet Creek, including December 2017.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
And that is the problem. As owners we are not, and have not ever, been locked out of inventory by "mega renters" and other owners. We are locked out by Wyndham's enterprise of Extra Holidays which loves to rent rooms for profit, especially during peak times when inventory is gone at ten months.
Totally agree! Your statement leads me to this question. If Wyndham Extra Holidays fails to rent a reservation they secured, what happens to the points associated with it? Meaning, if Wyndham dumps it back onto the website a day or two prior to the check-in date do they get the points back to use again, unlike the owners? I see inventory appear a day or two prior a check-in date. Where does this inventory come from? An owner? Probably not. Wyndham Extra Holidays? Probably, but I don't know for sure. I guess my question is, does Wyndham Extra Holidays play by the same rules, policies, etc., we have to play by?

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
does Wyndham Extra Holidays play by the same rules, policies, etc., we have to play by?

And that is the problem

And the comment of the day awards go to 55plus and wjappraise!

The question is does anyone not think any rules Wyndham arbitrarily makes apply solely to us and that they do as they please then attempt find a way to try to spin it to make it seem like they are acting for our benefit.

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
I looked about 90 minutes after you posted. Nothing. Although, I did see the second half of December available today. I should get my eyes checked.

Don40

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Wyndham takes the inventory at 30 days for free, and if they cannot rent they may graciously put back in for us owners or let the units sit empty. Extra Holuday is and continues to be the biggest maga renter and now has zero competition that was the plan. This is wyndham slush fund a way to beat the quarterly estimates. This is the reason points were manufactured by them, as no one including wyndham can truly account for the number of points outstanding.
Ask anyone who's account was frozen, wyndham could not explain where the points came from. Total lack of internal controls, perfect opportunity to rob us owners blind. No inventory will be common place now at the 60 day mark.

johnstonga

TUG Member
Reaction score
I heard from a Wyn staffer that Voyager was allowing Lock-outs to be "double booked" ... eg a Three BR lock-out could be booked as a Three BRLO, AND a Two BR AND a One BR.

Obviously, that would create an "Oversold" situation going into the Holidays at a LOT of resorts, especially if they have lots of Lock-out units.
So Wyn. just blacked out all the dates until the end of the year to be on safe side --- and I suppose they'll open up inventory once they can figure it out ... or the end of the year, which ever comes first.

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Do you know of the resort(s) involved?

cyseitz

TUG Member
Reaction score
How in the world can Wyndham be so irresponsible about this whole debacle? It's like they don't even care what's going on because it seems like there is no urgency at all to fix it for us.

Lisa P

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Points
Double-booking lock-outs would not account for the blacked out months at Wyndham Bonnet Creek. There are no lock-outs there.

johnstonga

TUG Member
Reaction score
Do you know of the resort(s) involved?

I inferred that it was systems wide, not resort specific.

Some resorts are mostly lockouts, usually the older "Fairfield" resorts ... other's have few if any lock-outs.

Bonnet Creek has no lock-outs ... but it is a Very High Demand resort, so it's gonna be first to go in Orlando .... and a target for renters, including Extra Holidays to scoop up inventory.

Still Weeknites in Early to Mid December should have significant availability even at Bonnet Creek.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Yes, thanks for posting.

I'm pretty much at a loss for words at this point. WYN has no accountability. There are so many different things we hear, scheduled maintenance, hurricane damage (or not), system issues, overbooking, holding for others, inventory not loaded, it just goes on and on. And just gotta love that we can still be told it's a busy time year, thus no availability.

Not much good in the way of results (we are in dire need of a working, dependable system). Just trying to keep my head above water and hope I don't end up without a room when I'm thinking I have one. That's my goal for the remainder of 2017.

DeeDibble

TUG Member
Reaction score
Isn’t it obvious that Wyndham is grabbing everything everywhere for Extra Holidays - do they have no conscience? As far as the Florida Resorts go they are blaming the hurricanes- how convenient for them. This is an obvious hostile position they are taking against the owners.

north

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bonnet Creek is showing availability for the first half of December. Nothing at the other Orlando resorts.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Bonnet Creek is showing availability for the first half of December. Nothing at the other Orlando resorts.
Thanks for posting. Crazy, for sure. Sure wish WYN were somehow held accountable for inventory available and held; when they offer it to owners and when they are allowed to hoard it.

johnstonga

TUG Member
Reaction score
Patriots Place Update ...
On Nov 29 Lots and Lots of Availability Reappeared for all of December including Christmas week. It had been showing Nothing for about Two weeks.

GAJ

I inferred that it was systems wide, not resort specific.

Some resorts are mostly lockouts, usually the older "Fairfield" resorts ... other's have few if any lock-outs.

Bonnet Creek has no lock-outs ... but it is a Very High Demand resort, so it's gonna be first to go in Orlando .... and a target for renters, including Extra Holidays to scoop up inventory.

Still Weeknites in Early to Mid December should have significant availability even at Bonnet Creek.

Jmama9643

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
We've seen supposedly full resorts with maybe only 50-65% of the units actually occupied numerous times well before the new website too.

We, like many other owners, are sick of hearing the VC's and resort's front desk people repeat the b.s. they've been told by Wyndham to tell us. I know that they are just the employees who have to say what they are told to say but I find it highly offensive that Wyndham thinks we are stupid enough to actually believe that b.s. I know that we live in a very litigious society so Wyndham can't really come right out and say they made a mistake or made a poor decision. I just wish they put as much money and effort into actually doing something that would be of benefit as they do into spinning situations, circumventing responsibility, looking for more ways to get into our pockets, etc.

I agree Jan. We used to see a LOT of vacant parking spaces when 'the resort is full', and like you, we have seen the resort when it was ACTUALLY full and had NO Spaces left in the parking spaces near the units, and we had to park in the Overflow area. That being said, although I didn't initially like the 15 day cancellation period change of losing all points if we cancel less than 15 days, I DO like the fact that more of the units are actually being utilized now because with the 15 day cancellation it actually gives owners time to use or rent this inventory instead of it just being 'wasted' (not used) by owners that used to cancel the day before check-in if they couldn't use or rent the unit, (I was guilty of that sometimes also). I am guessing the vacant units now are caused by Wyndham grabbing the inventory to rent themselves thru Extra Vacations, and then either dumping them back on the system a day or 2 before check-in and then no one has time to use it. I have no problem with Wyndham renting out the 'corporate owned' units, or units/points for other Owners that do not wish to bother with renting out units themselves, but I just wish they had to play by THE SAME RULES that WE have to play by. Such as, when you cancel a unit it should come back on the system instead of being automatically snagged by Wyndham's corporate system to rent out via Extra Vacations. AND They should LOSE their Points if they do not cancel prior to 15 Days of check-in, JUST LIKE US!!!

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
I didn't initially like the 15 day cancellation period change of losing all points if we cancel less than 15 days

The 15-day cancellation period for losing points hasn’t changed since I’ve been an owner (nearly 9 years). In fact, the only change on that front has been the addition of points protection in the last year or so where owners can cancel all the way up to check-in (if they buy the protection in advance, of course).

Jmama9643

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
This happened at Pagosa also last year, and it was MORE than 60 days prior to check-in. I was looking for availability in the summer of 2018, and there was not ONE SINGLE NIGHT in ANY SIZE unit available for June, July Or Aug.!! Anyone that has been an owner for ANY time knows that is IMPOSSIBLE for Pagosa because of the number of units available. I kept calling and kept getting the run around for several attempts, and then FINALLY someone admitted that they had a problem with their reservation system, like double bookings, or ?? she wouldn't say, BUT she admitted that because of the issue they froze ALL Inventory for ALL 3 MONTHS of the summer. This continued most, if not all of the summer and I was unable to book anything there for SEVERAL MONTHS in the summer because of this issue.

Jmama9643

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
The 15-day cancellation period for losing points hasn’t changed since I’ve been an owner (nearly 9 years). In fact, the only change on that front has been the addition of points protection in the last year or so where owners can cancel all the way up to check-in (if they buy the protection in advance, of course).

Yes, probably happened around the time you became a member. Doesn't seem that long ago, but I have been a member for 20 years, and it was DEFINETELY an option to cancel up to the day of, or day before without penalty. Funny that Wyndham now allows it again, but now they are just making $$ on it...

Jmama9643

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Since Wyndham purchased Fairfield they give us one carrot, and 3 Whacks on the head to go along with it!!!

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
Yes, probably happened around the time you became a member. Doesn't seem that long ago, but I have been a member for 20 years, and it was DEFINETELY an option to cancel up to the day of, or day before without penalty. Funny that Wyndham now allows it again, but now they are just making $$ on it...

Based on past posts here, it appears it was 2008. Your initial post made it sound like it was some sort of recent change.