• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Am I the first to notice ?????

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
They forgot to tell us they had something ready for us to test.

An improvement? Buggy as all get out. Sorry, WYN why can't you do stuff right?

Another first for me: First time I've seen a message telling me 'One moment please, your request is being processed' for a calendar selection!!!!! Just adding more clunk to the clunky mess they gave us.

Happy to see that we can select a particular month, but not trusting anything I am seeing.

sandkastle4966

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Ditto on the inventory isn't right ! Seeing no availability at ...when there was LOTs to book yesterday

Hopefully they will be faster on fixing this part of it !!

sandkastle4966

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good news: leaves you on the "month" you are searching if you change size. At least now I can only spend 5 minutes to see in inventory instead of 20 !

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wyndham apparently does monitor this site. When someone runs into a no availability situation, they might want to post the Resort Name here.

buckor

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good news: leaves you on the "month" you are searching if you change size. At least now I can only spend 5 minutes to see in inventory instead of 20 !
I was able to click the All Units box and see availability for every unit for the month.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using Tapatalk

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wyndham apparently does monitor this site. When someone runs into a no availability situation, they might want to post the Resort Name here.

Wyndham folks do watch whats posted here. The problem is that the folks that do the watching, arent the ones that can fix a problem. and they dont pass the problem to the folks that can do something about it.

I dont think anyone is assigned the task to monitor social media for the purpose of collecting owner feedback and acting on it

jaygould

TUG Member
Reaction score
That jump to month is only available on the computer, I do not recall seeing it on the phone site. I will double check it later. But it is available on the computer.

I don't find the "jump to month" dropdown on my computer. I'm running Mozilla Firefox. I can scroll through the months fine, but the dropdown would help.

cayman01

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, Shearwater
ok, don't believe the inventory.

I checked bonnet creek for end of january. Search will check all rooms yieilds NO inventory, yet when you do a search with dates at end of January you get inventory showing.

So the functionality is there, but it is not working right.

Absolutely right. Inventory is still a complete cluster****. Looking to go back to Flagstaff next year and there is hardly anything available all year. Right. sigh...............

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
When I used the book button, I still have to use the arrow to change months at the resort I checked. It did not let me check mark any room size and I did not see a drop down box to let me go to future months.

brigian

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't find the "jump to month" dropdown on my computer. I'm running Mozilla Firefox. I can scroll through the months fine, but the dropdown would help.

I use firefox and have no problem with the month dropdown

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just re-checked the resort referred to in my above post. It now fills in the block for a All Units entry or fill in the blocks for specific room requests.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
It still is not user-friendly. I would like to see the calendar work exactly like it did in the past before the new website.

The older I get, the more I miss the way things used to be too. But you can’t go back. I think this new calendar function will be ok (assuming it can find all the available inventory)

Today I tried to do an arp reservation thirteen months out, through the calendar and it wouldn’t work. I could specify the check in date, but not a check out date. I could however make the reservation using the “book it” button

So as others have said. Work is still needed.

sandkastle4966

TUG Member
Reaction score
Today, the inventory now looks "as expected" - so progress. (Still nothing for when I want, but I see sporatic availability leading up to it)

I also don't see a "drop down" - but am content with paging ONCE thru the months for all units, and then refreshing for each unit size (month is "kept" current)

Agree with Ron - liked the old way, but moving forwards and adapting.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
It's not super intuitive.

But the month in the upper left corner has a downward pointing carrot to it's right (See October 2017 below):

upload_2017-10-15_8-13-22.png

Select that and you should see a dropdown of all the available months.

I hope!!!

Definitely progress.

Attachments

• upload_2017-10-15_8-12-38.png
    upload_2017-10-15_8-12-38.png
    117.8 KB · Views: 36
  • upload_2017-10-15_8-12-55.png
    upload_2017-10-15_8-12-55.png
    117.8 KB · Views: 29

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Have not used the calendar feature, but with your help found where it is.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
some changes this morning: now when I check one of the room type boxes the box fills in and if I change what Im searching for, i get a screen that tells me they are doing my new search

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Ron, are you referring to 'One Moment Please... Your request is being processed?'

I thought I saw that yesterday. But inconsistently - in the calendar as well as in other areas. I know I saw it, just not 100% sure it was in the calendar search. Lovely addition to selecting dates in a calendar. I selected a day and need to wait while they process that? :crash:

Continuous releases? :wall: Please WYN don't tell us what's going on. I doubt the worlds full disclosure appear ANYWHERE is their processes or documents.

And a note of caution, although I haven't checked since these latest changes, in the past, if I was viewing the inventory in the calendar, and released a room (from a second account), the released inventory did not show in the calendar. I had to go back to 'book' and start over before the inventory would appear.

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, I got the "One Moment Please" on a subsequent search also once or twice. I think it's not coming up every time is processing speeds. It probably does not come up if the new search goes through quickly. I think you are right that things are just getting changed in whole or part on a piece meal basis and not always everyone at once.

Do not worry, Wyndham will probably not do full disclosure on much of anything anytime soon.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Once again - not ready for prime time. I'm done using it until they fix it.

It shows availability that can't be booked. For example, I think this is (at least part) of the issue -- if 3 days in a row are something like this:
* standard
* handicap
* standard

The calendar will show 3 continuous days. Impossible to book and impossible (with the changes) to really tell what is there. But playing with searching and accessible, I'm pretty sure that's the problem.

Along the same lines, if you have something like this:
* 1 bedroom
* 2 bedroom
* 1 bedroom
the calendar will show all the days available. But again, you can't book it, and have to play a bit to figure out what's really there.

And to make matters worse --- presidentials are blobbed in there
What is the value of knowing there is a 1 bedroom if you can't tell if it's bookable for a particular number of days? It could be a deluxe, a presidential, a pres reserve, or an accessible (of multiple types)?

The value I was finding previously in the calendar (consecutive bookable nights after choosing a room type) is now gone.

Two steps forward one step back.

WYN - keep the ability to select the calendar month but ditch the rest til you figure out how to deliver something of value

Last edited:

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
YDo not worry, Wyndham will probably not do full disclosure on much of anything anytime soon.
That would require them to know what they are doing, of that I'm quite certain they do not.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score

It shows availability that can't be booked. For example, I think this is (at least part) of the issue -- if 3 days in a row are something like this:
* standard
* handicap
* standard

The calendar will show 3 continuous days. Impossible to book and impossible (with the changes) to really tell what is there. But playing with searching and accessible, I'm pretty sure that's the problem.

* 1 bedroom
* 2 bedroom
* 1 bedroom
the calendar will show all the days available. But again, you can't book it, and have to play a bit to figure out what's really there.

What is the value of knowing there is a 1 bedroom if you can't tell if it's bookable for a particular number of days? It could be a deluxe, a presidential, a pres reserve, or an accessible (of multiple types)?

The value I was finding previously in the calendar (consecutive bookable nights after choosing a room type) is now gone.

WYN - keep the ability to select the calendar month but ditch the rest til you figure out how to deliver something of value

I have the same issue when searching all unit types but it’s not so bad if you search one unit type. Yes the presidential s confuse things but not too bad. For me I’ll use the calendar as a guide to point me to a check in date and then go to a specific search

This “roll it out before it’s ready” thing wont be so bad if they monitor this group and treat us as their beta test group

* standard
* handicap
* standard

* 1 bedroom
* 2 bedroom
* 1 bedroom

It looks like there is also an issue across months. The calendar shows availability for one bedrooms at National harbor Oct 29, 30 and 31. When I picked Oct 29 as my check in date I expected to be able to see Nov 1 as an available check out.... not so. So I assumed there was a mix of one bedroom room types for those 3 days (one bedroom with balcony, one bedroom without a balcony and one bedroom presidential. So I tried to do various one and two day reservations. No matter what I did, I couldnt get Nov 1 to show as a check out day

However when I went to the "book" button I was able to make a 1 bedroom reservation, with balcony, for the three nights checking in on Oct 29 and checking out on Nov 1

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
For what is worth, I think Wyndham does do partial releases to beta test some of the changes. I think they also watch social media. Weather these two functions interact or not, I do not know. They probably watch remarks in the blue feedback button the most.