• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Anaheim: Peacock Suites or Worldmark or Dolphins Cove

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Please rank these resorts for a stay during Christmas 2019.

Would love updates on these resorts. Any planned renovations/refresh before our stay would be helpful.

Blues

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Please rank these resorts for a stay during Christmas 2019.

Would love updates on these resorts. Any planned renovations/refresh before our stay would be helpful.

Never stayed at Worldmark or Dolphins Cove. But we stayed at Peacock Suites a year ago (me, DW, DGD) in a 1 BR. One of the worst timeshare experiences ever! Terribly cramped -- they took an old hotel room, put up a wall in the middle, and called it a 1 BR. No room to move; and no real kitchen. I would never stay there again.

JohnPaul

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
Based on my knowledge of Worldmark and Shell (I own both), I would think the WM Anaheim would be the nicest place to stay. However, I have not stayed at any of these specific properties.

bizaro86

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have stayed at the WM Anaheim and the Peacock Suites within the last 18 months. Peacock Suites is a converted hotel. The 1 bedroom units are one large hotel room with a wall in the middle, the two and three bedroom units are two hotel rooms divided into pieces. We had a three bedroom at peacock suites and liked it, as mentioned the common area was small, and the kitchen was more of a hotel style kitchenette. All we used it for was cereal/toast in the morning. We ate the rest of our meals at Disneyland. That made sense for us because on our dates the cost of the Peacock Suites was less than the WM Anaheim by the cost of meals out for our family for the whole trip (based on our WM/Shell maintenance per point).

WM Anaheim is nicer in pretty much every way. They are purpose built timeshare condos. While not quite up to the Marriott/Westin standard, our two bedroom unit had two full baths, a full kitchen, in-suite laundry (shell has coin operated on the top floor), and a full sitting area. Our two bedroom at the WM was at least 50% bigger than our three bedroom at Peacock Suites.

WM Anaheim is relatively new, and Peacock Suites has obviously been recently refreshed. I found the beds/soft goods fine at both, and the service was comparable. Both are managed by Wyndham.

Location between the two is almost exactly the same. We walked to and from the parks twice a day from both, took <15 minutes pushing a stroller. They also both are on the Anaheim Resort Transit line, which will take you to the parks for a fee. I believe Dolphin's Cove isn't walking distance but is on the ART line, although I have not stayed there.

Anyway, I would be willing to go back to either, with appropriate expectations. We only used the room for sleeping (both night and naps) and eating breakfast, and were otherwise at Disneyland. Peacock Suites was quite a bit cheaper for us, but if they were equally priced I would choose the WM every time. One other factor is that Peacock Suites was valet parking for $11/day, while WM was self parking for free.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
My number one choice would always be Marriott's Newport Coast to get to Disneyland. It's a 35-minute drive to the Woody parking lot and worth the little drive to stay somewhere incredibly nice.

Second choice, Wyndham Anaheim, because there is a washer/dryer, and it's newer, plus we had a view of the fireworks as WorldMark owners. It was a great place to stay and parking was free (taxes were crazy and points were very high for a one bedroom)

Third choice, Dolphin's Cove, then Peacock suites.

I like Peacock Suites for the comfort of the beds, and we haven't ever had a sleepless night there (no noise or nonsense).

We don't need much in the way of amenities by ourselves, and I can tell you that I would never stay at Peacock with the kids and grandkids because it's not a sunny and pretty property like even Dolphin's Cove. I think some people would be surprised by my changed opinions.

bizaro86

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think it is also relevant how you are planning to get this week. As an owner, Peacock is cheaper, and that's probably true for rentals as well (my MF is less for the Peacock, so it could be rented cheaper presumably).

If you are planning to try to get it through RCI/II, I think it is very unlikely you will get a WM Anaheim week. The developer controls deposits there, and doesn't deposit super-prime weeks. Peacock suites is probably a bit more likely, but I think your best bet for a trade would be Dolphin's Cove. It has legacy weeks owners, and RCI gives more TPU for depositing peak season weeks, so they do get deposited. If you are depending on a trade, I would be open to any of the three.

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I've stayed at Dolphin's Cove and Peacock Suites. I wrote Tug reviews for both of them.

Peacock suites is a converted motel. You'll have a mini fridge and a microwave for your kitchen. There's a sliding pocket door that separates the "bedroom" from the main living room. If you will be at the parks all day, it is fine. If you plan to lounge in your room during the day, you may not like it. The parking onsite is mandatory valet and can be a pain if you come and go throughout the day.

Dolphin's Cove is like an old apartment building. The rooms are nice inside, but the one bedroom unit I had only had the window units for heat. I stayed on a very cold night in December and couldn't heat up the room enough. The wall unit heater was very loud and made it impossible to watch TV or have a conversation while it was running. Overall, the room itself was a million times better than Peacock Suites.

Both have aggressive Wyndham salespeople hounding you for an owner update in the lobby.

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
We attended a "party weekend" with Worldmark where they put us up in the Peacock Suites. Excellent location but we wouldn't stay there again by choice (might however do another PW). Decor (looked recently done when we were there two years ago) is really dark (red and black as I recall) and because it is a converted motel when you open the front door you step immediately into the kitchenette with the bathroom right there also. Way better than just a hotel room, but we prefer more space when staying in a timeshare because we actually do spend a certain amount of time in our suite being lazy. For anyone spending most of their time in the theme parks it would be more than fine.

bizaro86

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have stayed at the WM Anaheim and the Peacock Suites within the last 18 months. Peacock Suites is a converted hotel. The 1 bedroom units are one large hotel room with a wall in the middle, the two and three bedroom units are two hotel rooms divided into pieces. We had a three bedroom at peacock suites and liked it, as mentioned the common area was small, and the kitchen was more of a hotel style kitchenette. All we used it for was cereal/toast in the morning. We ate the rest of our meals at Disneyland. That made sense for us because on our dates the cost of the Peacock Suites was less than the WM Anaheim by the cost of meals out for our family for the whole trip (based on our WM/Shell maintenance per point).

WM Anaheim is nicer in pretty much every way. They are purpose built timeshare condos. While not quite up to the Marriott/Westin standard, our two bedroom unit had two full baths, a full kitchen, in-suite laundry (shell has coin operated on the top floor), and a full sitting area. Our two bedroom at the WM was at least 50% bigger than our three bedroom at Peacock Suites.

WM Anaheim is relatively new, and Peacock Suites has obviously been recently refreshed. I found the beds/soft goods fine at both, and the service was comparable. Both are managed by Wyndham.

Location between the two is almost exactly the same. We walked to and from the parks twice a day from both, took <15 minutes pushing a stroller. They also both are on the Anaheim Resort Transit line, which will take you to the parks for a fee. I believe Dolphin's Cove isn't walking distance but is on the ART line, although I have not stayed there.

Anyway, I would be willing to go back to either, with appropriate expectations. We only used the room for sleeping (both night and naps) and eating breakfast, and were otherwise at Disneyland. Peacock Suites was quite a bit cheaper for us, but if they were equally priced I would choose the WM every time. One other factor is that Peacock Suites was valet parking for $11/day, while WM was self parking for free.

Re-read this, and just wanted to note we were easily able to cook full meals at the Worldmark. Peacock Suites we weren't, but it was cheaper so we ate out instead. Lots of restaurants in the garden walk mall, but all were sit down except for the top floor Johnny Rockets, which wasn't great for us with little kids. We mostly at Disneyland.