• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Annual pass - DVC vs Florida

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I would be happy with either one. Wish they offered these deals to DVC Members......
I doubt they ever will because they use these other options to get people on site that wouldn't be otherwise not going and to increase the slower times. Neither of these benefit them with DVC in the manner planned. It hasn't been that long that the Gold pass/previous version wasn't an option.

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Yes now Weekday select includes parking!

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
DVC had a fabulous special a couple of years ago. You could pay for Gold and get the Platinum Plus pass as a free upgrade.

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes now Weekday select includes parking!

I thought that it already did come with free parking. I don't think that it came with Photopass.

I have Gold, and my kids and brother have weekday select. Sometimes I stick my arm out the window at the booth, or I have the passenger do it on that side. They never said anything so I assumed that free parking was in there. They have made it more difficult, though. Now you very commonly have to show a photo ID.

Gypsy65

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HIVC
I’m not sure what passes we get.
We are residents and since we don’t need parking on every pass. My wife buys one with and the rest without

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I need to add again, I love the Epcot after 4pm.

We really don't spend that much time in the parks. We could go in Epcot two/three nights and are good. :)

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
I am Florida resident and always get the Weekday Select, which cost half as much the gold pass.

We got our weekday passes few weeks after I retired.
Living within 2 hrs of Disney meant we could go for 6 wks in 12 mos.
Even though we were limited to weekdays, it was more than enuff.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I need to add again, I love the Epcot after 4pm.

We really don't spend that much time in the parks. We could go in Epcot two/three nights and are good. :)
How do you buy the Epcot After 4pm pass when you live in NY?

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
How do you buy the Epcot After 4pm pass when you live in NY?
You can't "legally" unless you qualify under their FL resident rules which are different than legal residency. The Silver pass, EPCOT after 4, Weekday select pass and water park after 2 are all for FL resident's only. The Gold pass is for FL resident's and DVC members who carry a blue card (qualify for perks). Timeshare ownership does not quality.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I believe the post said they were DVC and just bought the Gold pass.
You are right. When they mentioned Epcot after 4, I thought they were referring to that pass but rather they were going to Epcot after 4.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Now that we are Florida residents, it is perhaps time to start considering the type of pass. Living 2.5 hours away from Orlando, the weekday pass simply won't work. We are thinking instead, we will go for the Theme Park Select. Different blackout dates for different parks, but you can go to just about any park on any day except for peak week 51 and 52 and Easter/Spring Break. Epcot is not blacked out in the summer. They also blackout Magic Kingdom on Saturdays and I read that they blackout weekends during Food & Wine at Epcot, but the blackout calendar shows those as open.

Lisa P

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Points
Interesting to see how Theme Park Select passholders are unable to visit Hollywood Studios at all from Sept-Dec 2019 or any Fri, Sat, or Sun through the rest of the online calendar (July 2020). The only options for visiting that park with that pass will be prior to Aug 30 this year or on a M/Tu/W/Th in late winter or spring (excluding Eastertime). That's a substantial restriction if a Florida resident is limited to school/work schedule. Wouldn't matter much to people who can easily visit midweek.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Interesting to see how Theme Park Select passholders are unable to visit Hollywood Studios at all from Sept-Dec 2019 or any Fri, Sat, or Sun through the rest of the online calendar (July 2020). The only options for visiting that park with that pass will be prior to Aug 30 this year or on a M/Tu/W/Th in late winter or spring (excluding Eastertime). That's a substantial restriction if a Florida resident is limited to school/work schedule. Wouldn't matter much to people who can easily visit midweek.
They are blacking out Hollywood Studios during that time frame because that is the first several months after Star Wars Galaxies Edge is to open.