• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Another Fee

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Panama City
At Bonnet Creek and had a small package (that weighed 3-4 pounds) delivered to the resort and when I went to pick it up I was told there was a $25 handling fee. I asked for what and I was informed anything other than an envelope would be charged. Spoke with manager and got the same gibberish. Needless to say this did not go over well with me. These blood suckers must sit around and think up ways to bleed owners for more money. So be warned and don't get surprised as I did.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Today I had a 6 pound package from Amazon delivered by UPS to me at Beach Street Cottages. Picking it up was free. So apparently this is a Bonnet Creek generated fee. I assume there isn't anything in writing that states there is a fee for this there. If that's the case then they stole $25 from you. How much was the contents of the package worth?

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
If your package was delivered by USPS they may have committed a crime by charging you to retrive it.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow. I feel you should bump this up to corporate with the name of the resort, the manager name and the other employee name?

Good luck. I hope you used a credit card and have a receipt from the resort?

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Vistana has been charging for a few since 2016.
https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php...-50-for-4-small-amazon-parcel-receive.244314/

Orange Lake instituted a fee last year as well. It does seem to be more resort specific than system wide with most of the fees concentrated in Florida resorts. My guess is that there are owners who stay multiple weeks and may be getting dozens or more packages over the course of their stays and those resorts are having to build bigger storage areas and provide additional staffing for all of the packages. Rather than raise the MF for everyone, the resorts are making it a fee for the service if owners use it. $25 for a small package does seem excessive but maybe it is also to discourage owners from sending deliveries to the resort.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Panama City
Today I had a 6 pound package from Amazon delivered by UPS to me at Beach Street Cottages. Picking it up was free. So apparently this is a Bonnet Creek generated fee. I assume there isn't anything in writing that states there is a fee for this there. If that's the case then they stole $25 from you. How much was the contents of the package worth?
$100, but a $25 handling fee is absurd!

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Panama City
The manager claimed it was in my confirmation letter, but I never read those word for word. I usually verify dates and move on!

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
What's next? Maybe a charge will be implemented for the time it takes and the cost of material to obtain a parking pass.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
What's next? Maybe a charge will be implemented for the time it takes and the cost of material to obtain a parking pass.

I remember reading about a law firm that had a line on a client's bill for HVAC.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Panama City
Vistana has been charging for a few since 2016.
https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php...-50-for-4-small-amazon-parcel-receive.244314/

Orange Lake instituted a fee last year as well. It does seem to be more resort specific than system wide with most of the fees concentrated in Florida resorts. My guess is that there are owners who stay multiple weeks and may be getting dozens or more packages over the course of their stays and those resorts are having to build bigger storage areas and provide additional staffing for all of the packages. Rather than raise the MF for everyone, the resorts are making it a fee for the service if owners use it. $25 for a small package does seem excessive but maybe it is also to discourage owners from sending deliveries to the resort.
I fully understand your point and I can understand a fee being charged to deter packages being sent to the resort. I just think $25 for anything other than an envelope is way over the top!

Last edited:

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's not that additional employees were hired to handle packages. Employees don't receive additional pay such as package handling pay. This isn't UPS or FedEx, it's a resort. How many packages do they handle in a day? I don't imagine it's that many. What's next, a pay as you go pool, elevator, etc.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
It's not that additional employees were hired to handle packages. Employees don't receive additional pay such as package handling pay. This isn't UPS or FedEx, it's a resort. How many packages do they handle in a day? I don't imagine it's that many. What's next, a pay as you go pool, elevator, etc.
I don't know but I could imagine that there are days when hundreds of packages are delivered at a resort the size of Bonnet Creek. With restrictions on luggage when flying along with the ease of free (one and two day) shipping it's often easier to order from Amazon (or other places) rather than driving over to Target or Walmart especially for those without cars.

Firepath

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC
We have our Owner's Locker delivered there when we stay, last time was in October. It weighs about 25# and we've never been charged, but it goes through Bell Services and we tip them, so maybe that's different (in Wyndham's eyes). Still, a lot more trouble lugging around a 25# box than a little package.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
I use to get multiple items shipped there each trip. May have been 40 over the 4 times I stayed there within a year. Others shipped to Ocean Walk.

Thankfully the resort where we will be staying soon does not charge. At least someone stated that over the phone. We will probably have 15 shipments there over 10 days as I am buying my sons school books.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
What I posted below is what it says right on the reservation confirmation email from Wyndham and it isn't hidden in the fine print you only see if you click on reservation and cancellation policies. So yes you were in fact told but IMO $25 is not a small fee; $10 and under would be. Instead of putting the fee on the reservation confirmation as they should have I guess you are supposed to call the resort. And when you call you can expect any and all of the following: your call gets lost, you get transferred to another person at least once, you wait on hold, when you finally get someone they may or may not know the answer to your question without having to ask someone else and they may give you attitude when you question why the fee is so much. That makes so much more sense than openly stating what the fee is in the confirmation letter.

Important Information

• A refundable $150 security deposit is required at check-in.
• Guests will be charged a small fee for the handling and storage of packages at the resort. Envelopes and FedEx size envelopes will be complimentary.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Panama City
What I posted below is what it says right on the reservation confirmation email from Wyndham and it isn't hidden in the fine print you only see if you click on reservation and cancellation policies. So yes you were in fact told but IMO $25 is not a small fee; $10 and under would be. Instead of putting the fee on the reservation confirmation as they should have I guess you are supposed to call the resort. And when you call you can expect any and all of the following: your call gets lost, you get transferred to another person at least once, you wait on hold, when you finally get someone they may or may not know the answer to your question without having to ask someone else and they may give you attitude when you question why the fee is so much. That makes so much more sense than openly stating what the fee is in the confirmation letter.

Important Information

• A refundable $150 security deposit is required at check-in.
• Guests will be charged a small fee for the handling and storage of packages at the resort. Envelopes and FedEx size envelopes will be complimentary.
I think of the many seniors who take extended stays at BCR during the winter and get mail order meds. This could get pretty expensive as most probably take several meds.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
I think of the many seniors who take extended stays at BCR during the winter and get mail order meds. This could get pretty expensive as most probably take several meds.

For what those of us who bought directly from Wyndham paid and what all of us pay in maintenance fees I strongly object to resorts charging owners fees like this. Bonnet Creek is a huge resort so I can understand that they probably get a lot more packages delivered than most other resorts. But I would guess that the resort probably has three times more renters/guests than actual Wyndham owners staying at the resort. They can easily see whether the reservation is the owner or a guest/renter. I have no issue with renters and guests being charged but not owners.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
For what those of us who bought directly from Wyndham paid and what all of us pay in maintenance fees I strongly object to resorts charging owners fees like this. Bonnet Creek is a huge resort so I can understand that they probably get a lot more packages delivered than most other resorts. But I would guess that the resort probably has three times more renters/guests than actual Wyndham owners staying at the resort. They can easily see whether the reservation is the owner or a guest/renter. I have no issue with renters and guests being charged but not owners.

Why treat guests and renters different? Same amount of points were used.

Maybe a few people should order the largest/heaviest item possible from amazon to make a point.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access

Maybe a few people should order the largest/heaviest item possible from amazon to make a point.

Guest and renters aren't Wyndham owners. I see no reason for the owners themselves to be penalized because it is profitable for owners and Extra Holidays to rent stays at this resort. Since Wyndham sets a precedent by not extending VIP or PR benefits to guests of owners I see no conflict in waiving the fee for owners.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation

The non-owner guests and renters do not pay the maintenance fees for that resort. The resources the owners are paying for, are going to process packages for owners who are not paying for those resources. One can argue the parking lot is a resource that the owners pay for, but all guests use, so why should they be charged for a package. Because the owners didn’t agree to pay for the staff to handle non-owners mail. They didn’t pay to handle owners mail either. If the guests don’t pay it, the cost gets slipped into the maintenance fees. By making people pay for the service, they don’t pass on the cost to the owners. The maintenance fees are high enough there. I don’t think owners want to pay for other owner’s, or guest’s, mail handling. If you don’t like the fee, pick it up at a fedex/UPS/USPS site. It was mentioned in multiple places. I agree with Jan though. $25 seems excessive. I think they are trying to discourage it. If they wanted it to be a money maker, they would reduce the costs and even promote it. “Don’t pack a heavy suit case that you have to lug around. Send them direct to the resort, and we’ll deliver it directly to your room”. Since you don’t see them promoting it, I guess they are not trying to make money off of handling packages. I think it’s more of a deterrent, so they don’t end up with hundreds of packages a day that they have to process in addition to whatever they get. Bonnet creek is huge. On prime weeks, I am sure they get quite a few deliveries.

montygz

TUG Member
Reaction score
What's happened here isn't the occasional letter, it's the boom in online ordering.

People who don't want to miss a second of precious vacation time and are getting more and more acclimated to online shopping are having groceries and cases of water shipped to the resort.

If 500 people a day checking in to Bonnet Creek are getting pallets of water and food delivered, who is going to manage that? While guests are at the parks, they expect their goods to be carefully stowed away at the resort for their arrival.

Basically, the work once being done by the guests to pick up the food at the store is being transferred to the resort.

And so we have the genesis of a new fee.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
What's happened here isn't the occasional letter, it's the boom in online ordering.

People who don't want to miss a second of precious vacation time and are getting more and more acclimated to online shopping are having groceries and cases of water shipped to the resort.

If 500 people a day checking in to Bonnet Creek are getting pallets of water and food delivered, who is going to manage that? While guests are at the parks, they expect their goods to be carefully stowed away at the resort for their arrival.

Basically, the work once being done by the guests to pick up the food at the store is being transferred to the resort.

Then charge everyone equal. I never like add on fees for exchangers. I am sure we will see more fees for this and other stuff but I do not like it.

kaljor

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Nashville
Wyndham CWA
Fairfield Bay
I hate to say it, but I do understand this added fee. Not necessarily the amount, and not the non disclosure, but most of us can't imagine how many packages this resort might be receiving. I live near New York City and I've read that apartment buildings have had to build extra storage rooms to accept the staggering amount of online packages arriving daily. I imagine it's similar for a big resort like Bonnet Creek.

I myself have encountered this decision when a product I've been following on Amazon suddenly goes on sale for 30% off, the day before I'm going on vacation. I can put my mail on hold, but I don't know if I can put UPS or FedEx on hold, so sometimes. I have to let the discount go

Like most problems we encounter in life, complete disclosure of the rules solves almost everything

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access

I wasn't even thinking about people getting groceries delivered! That is a growing trend and certainly not a small package like a mail order prescription. You are right the resort would need a decent sized room with storage racks and staff to take care of all that. At a resort the size of Bonnet Creek I wouldn't be surprised to learn that they average 100-150 check ins a day. And the average might actually be even higher.

I think you can arrange to pick up a package from the post office or a UPS store.