• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Another Fee

BDMX2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Santa Barbara
Wyndham Bonnet Creek
The Disney resorts started charging for deliveries a year or so ago and it seems that the other resorts in the area are following suit. I hope they don't start charging daily for parking, which Disney recently did!

TheHolleys87

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
The Disney resorts started charging for deliveries a year or so ago and it seems that the other resorts in the area are following suit. I hope they don't start charging daily for parking, which Disney recently did!

At Disney (all resorts, not just DVC), items delivered via grocery delivery services such as Garden Grocer and Dizzy Dolphin go to Bell Services, and the resort doesn’t charge a fee, although tips are expected when the guest picks up their items or has them delivered to the room. Packages that come via USPS, FedEx, etc. go to a different department or even a different building in the case of resorts that have business centers, and there’s a $5 per package charge. To further complicate matters, some Amazon items are packages and some are groceries (Prime Now, I think, but I’m not sure)!

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
I hate to say it, but I do understand this added fee. Not necessarily the amount, and not the non disclosure, but most of us can't imagine how many packages this resort might be receiving. I live near New York City and I've read that apartment buildings have had to build extra storage rooms to accept the staggering amount of online packages arriving daily. I imagine it's similar for a big resort like Bonnet Creek.

I myself have encountered this decision when a product I've been following on Amazon suddenly goes on sale for 30% off, the day before I'm going on vacation. I can put my mail on hold, but I don't know if I can put UPS or FedEx on hold, so sometimes. I have to let the discount go

Like most problems we encounter in life, complete disclosure of the rules solves almost everything

It was disclosed on the email and I believe the resort page on the website. The OP overlooked it. It’s easy to overlook something like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wolf&Sprite

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Avon
I see an opportunity to add a new VIP benefit.

VIP Silver: One free package delivery per reservation
VIP Gold: Two free package deliveries per reservation
VIP Plat: Three free package deliveries per reservation

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
What's happened here isn't the occasional letter, it's the boom in online ordering.

People who don't want to miss a second of precious vacation time and are getting more and more acclimated to online shopping are having groceries and cases of water shipped to the resort.

If 500 people a day checking in to Bonnet Creek are getting pallets of water and food delivered, who is going to manage that? While guests are at the parks, they expect their goods to be carefully stowed away at the resort for their arrival.

Basically, the work once being done by the guests to pick up the food at the store is being transferred to the resort.

And so we have the genesis of a new fee.

You made me curious about how many people check in at Bonnet Creek in a week so since we are at the resort I asked. I found out that there are 1149 units at Bonnet Creek. The person I spoke with guessed that the resort easily averages 1000 check ins a week and thought the actual average is most likely higher because not every one stays a week or longer and there are a huge number of stays for less than a full week. He also confirmed what I suspected, that Bonnet Creek is always very busy. They do once in a while have slightly less busy times but never anything even close to a slow time.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
You made me curious about how many people check in at Bonnet Creek in a week so since we are at the resort I asked. I found out that there are 1149 units at Bonnet Creek. The person I spoke with guessed that the resort easily averages 1000 check ins a week and thought the actual average is most likely higher because not every one stays a week or longer and there are a huge number of stays for less than a full week. He also confirmed what I suspected, that Bonnet Creek is always very busy. They do once in a while have slightly less busy times but never anything even close to a slow time.
Once the 10 nightly unit limit was put in place I had to juggle reservations as well as book my reservations with other owners. I doubled down before the limit and booked more units then normally but has to discount and upgrade them. I easily did 50 check ins a weeks before my accounts were locked. For a time I stayed at bonnet creek so I could check in and add my guests names without a fee. Then my accounts were locked and I had to do the same to be able to break up reservations so they were split between different guests. I had the same 4 bedroom unit reserved for months straight among others.

OutSkiing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Midtown 45, Bali Hai, Margaritaville
Once the 10 nightly unit limit was put in place I had to juggle reservations as well as book my reservations with other owners. I doubled down before the limit and booked more units then normally but has to discount and upgrade them. I easily did 50 check ins a weeks before my accounts were locked. For a time I stayed at bonnet creek so I could check in and add my guests names without a fee. Then my accounts were locked and I had to do the same to be able to break up reservations so they were split between different guests. I had the same 4 bedroom unit reserved for months straight among others.
Sounds like 'confessions of a mad megarenter' or something. :)

But seriously, sounds like a major change in life since you had to give/sell back your points. I do miss hearing from you and the other megarenters who often posted here.

Bob

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
I miss Ron's input and stories.