• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Any info on Racquet Club Villas (HHI) - are they all Wyndham Vacation Rentals?

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I was browsing on RCI this morning and saw a 3BR at Racquet Club Villas in Sea Pines (RCI code #DB44) for May 2018. I can't find much information on it, other than location is close to Harbour Town on Lighthouse Road, it's an older resort, and Wyndham has some vacation rentals there that look pretty nice. RCI doesn't list it as a Wyndham rental, though. I put it on hold, and it doesn't list a unit number. It states check-in is next door to Jump and Phil's in Sea Pines, at a resale company. Sounds a bit unusual to me. Has anyone stayed there recently on an RCI trade, or own there?

The location would work fine for us, because we bike and golf more than we spend time on the beach, and I think being within walking distance to Harbour Town would be fun. It will be a different experience than our stays at Monarch and Surfwatch. Any info would be much appreciated!

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
I was browsing on RCI this morning and saw a 3BR at Racquet Club Villas in Sea Pines (RCI code #DB44) for May 2018. I can't find much information on it, other than location is close to Harbour Town on Lighthouse Road, it's an older resort, and Wyndham has some vacation rentals there that look pretty nice. RCI doesn't list it as a Wyndham rental, though. I put it on hold, and it doesn't list a unit number. It states check-in is next door to Jump and Phil's in Sea Pines, at a resale company. Sounds a bit unusual to me. Has anyone stayed there recently on an RCI trade, or own there?

The location would work fine for us, because we bike and golf more than we spend time on the beach, and I think being within walking distance to Harbour Town would be fun. It will be a different experience than our stays at Monarch and Surfwatch. Any info would be much appreciated!

only reliable info would be to call the resort, and ask to speak to somebody (perhaps higher up than the phone-answerer) who knows answers to all of your questions. That advice could perhaps play a huge role in your decision-making. It's probably a decent place to stay but you'll feel better knowing that for sure after talking.....or, seek something else if you learn something different. I know the general area, but not familiar with the buildings. Still, a good location in Sea Pines with close proximity to all the good stuff. Good luck and let me know, I'm curious.

jd2601

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have stayed in the past at Racquet club in Sea Pines. I believe private units, rentals, and mix of timeshare.

Location is great easy bike ride to harbor town and slightly further to beach.

The unit we stayed in was older but fine. I believe originally this complex was run by Marriott and changed a long time ago. I would think units might be dated or redone dependent on unit.

We had a great stay there! But it has been awhile.

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
About 20 years ago I owned two back to back Weeks at Racquet Club. Even then my Unit was old but it was large. It would make sense that they have been upgraded since then. Fabulous location. Bike trail right out front and about equidistant between Harbour Town and the beach.

George

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
When you google the Racquet Club it appears that it is a part of the Sea Crest resort. There are lots of pictures of both resorts.

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you, everyone. I went ahead and confirmed the reservation, even though I'm not quite sure what I'm getting, so it will be an adventure! This unit is a Sea Pines Resort's Inn and The Resale Company villa. Go figure. (The Sea Crest Resort is a different Racquet Club.) I think the location and space in the villa will be great. Too bad I have to wait for another year to see it!

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is this the Racquet Club located in Harbour Town on Sea Pines Island? There is one review and some pictures on Red Week.com. about this resort.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Please search Racquet Club in Harbour Town on Sea Pines Island, SC. You may and I feel you have a hidden gem. Do you know the villa address?

Good luck on your stay on Sea Pines Plantation.

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Pedro, it's 108 Lighthouse Road. No villa number yet.

jaysimpsonnyc

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Racquet Club Villas, Sea Pines, Hilton Head Island
We have owned at Racquet Club Villas for a very long time. The current management, The Resale Company, is truly horrible. Avoid them like the plague. They refuse to update our unit (let alone clean it) and have let it fall into a state of disrepair. The two women who work there, Theresa and Judy, are extremely rude, defensive, and very unhelpful. Their reputation in Sea Pines is infamous. While the location is phenomenal, you should avoid this place. If anyone has had bad experiences with The Resale Company please contact me.