• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Anybody at Princeville right now?

blondietink

Reaction score
Looking at the reports coming out of Kauai right now of the disaster declaration of the island due to up to 27 inches of rain in a 24 hour period. Apparently the road west of Princeville is totally closed off due to flooding and/or landslides. People in emergency shelter at the Elementary School in Hanalei.

ragdoll

TUG Member
Reaction score
We were there in March and it rained every day. We thought it was the worst we had ever seen but this is so much worse. Yikes, 27 inches of rain! I hope everyone is okay there. It will be a long time before they can recover. Infrastructure is badly damaged. There are several videos on Youtube.

blondietink

Reaction score
We went to Princeville in April 2016 and it rained every single day. We drove south every day just to get Sun and fun. I have heard it is nice in the fall, but I doubt we will ever stay on the north shore of Kauai again.

sjlola

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN OF EYx5, 5* Elite
I haven't been able to find any information on any damage at WPORV as the communities west of Princeville are decimated, literally.

blondietink

Reaction score
On the evening news tonight they had some video of the floods and leveled homes. Heartbreaking. I read someplace else that there are some videos of the damage on YouTube.

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
Chicken in a Barrel in Hanalei just posted on their Facebook page that the bridge is open and so are they. One good sign anyway.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
We have visited Kauai numerous times over the past 10 years. We have been on Kauai for all 4 seasons. We always spend at least 1 week on the North Shore. We have always had wonderful weather (knock on wood). It might rain for 10 to 15 minutes during the day and then be over. The hardest rain always seemed to come at night. At one local said this was the worse storm known to have happened since man has lived on the North Shore.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
We have visited Kauai numerous times over the past 10 years. We have been on Kauai for all 4 seasons. We always spend at least 1 week on the North Shore. We have always had wonderful weather (knock on wood). It might rain for 10 to 15 minutes during the day and then be over. The hardest rain always seemed to come at night. At one local said this was the worse storm known to have happened since man has lived on the North Shore.

I have had the same luck over the same period of time. I have been there during every month except for the summer months. Rain has always been sporadic except for the time we were there and a hurricane past to the west. We had high winds and a lot of rain but it only lasted about a day and a half. Glad everyone is safe and hopefully recovery will be quick.

LisaH

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
WPORV should be fine as it sits on top of a bluff, although I can’t find it being mentioned in the link cited above.
I hope Shearwater and rest of the Pahio resorts in Princeville are OK as well.

canesfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN x2
WSJ-BV
WLR
I took it as St. Regis being fine then so was WPORV as they are in the same area. And as you say, they are up on the bluff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I took it as St. Regis being fine then so was WPORV as they are in the same area. And as you say, they are up on the bluff.

I saw on Hawaii News Now that everything is fine and running at the St. Regis.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Looking at the WPORV webcam - everything looks fine. Not very crowded, but can see people in the pool and walking along paths.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Dave - can you please post a link to the webcam?

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

blondietink

Reaction score
Wow, they showed some video on Good Morning America today of Laird Hamilton rescuing people in his boat. What a mess! Prayers to the people who have lost their homes.