TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 24 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Note that the "About the rest of TUG" and "About TUGBBS" forums have been moved further down the list under the lounge area. just in case anyone was wondering where they disappeared to!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. TUG started 24 years ago this month in 1993 as a group of owners on prodigy! Check out our happy birthday post here: Happy Birthday TUG!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The TUG forums have been upgraded this evening to now utilize https as a more secure way to connect and browse the site (Especially for those logged in). please let us know if you experience any issues or errors while on the site so we can correct them! it is our hope that this is a completely seamless change/upgrade! Forum upgrade thread
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone Else Put a Deposit Down on a Tesla Model 3 ?

Discussion in 'TUG Lounge' started by VegasBella, Apr 1, 2016.

1. Gaozhen

Gaozhen TUG Member

Not yet, I'm waiting for AWD so late 2018 or sometime in 2019

2. Elan

Elan TUG Member

I did get this update earlier this week:

"As we work hard to meet demand, we wanted to let you know that your estimated delivery timing has been adjusted to a slightly later window. "

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
  3. x3 skier

x3 skier Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

4. Chrispee

Chrispee Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

I cancelled my day 1 reservation last month. Delays did play a factor, as well as the fact that the newest addition to our family is a Labrador Retriever. I'm still thinking my next car will be a Tesla though!

5. Passepartout

Passepartout TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

I can sort of sympathize with the wait, wait, wait. It isn't a Tesla, but back in August of 2014, I put a grand down on a 3 wheeled Elio. www.eliomotors.com/ Still waiting. Waiting. Waiting. It was supposed to go into production in '15, then '16, then it's been pretty much radio silence.

Jim

Chrispee likes this.
  6. Ken555

Ken555 Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Westin Kierland
    Sheraton Desert Oasis
    I’m (still) not concerned about the timing, other than I want to buy while the $7,500 federal tax credit is still available.

The one item I didn’t like on the 3 was the door handles, though I’m sure I’ll adapt. If you don’t know what I’m referring to, google it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7. VacationForever

VacationForever Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

I am stating the obvious and may have already been mentioned on this thread. Collecting deposits for many months ahead of delivery provides Tesla with much needed cash flow. Very smart move by Tesla.

8. Ken555

Resorts Owned:
    Westin Kierland
    Sheraton Desert Oasis
    There were multiple articles written about this in 2016. Yes, it’s obvious.

9. LisaH

LisaH TUG Lifetime Member

I saw a white model 3 today next to a modell S. Model 3 looks quite a bit smaller but it still looks good! DH has a reservation. Supposed to be this April but got the same delay notification. Anyone knows when the federal tax credit expires? Hopefully he will get the car before it expires.

10. Ken555

Resorts Owned:
    Westin Kierland
    Sheraton Desert Oasis
    There’s just under a foot difference between the models, more rear seat headroom in the 3, half the trunk space, etc.

Fed credit is good up to 250,000 cars shipped by Tesla. There are some estimates out there re how many they’ve already shipped, but nothing accurate. After 250,000 it goes to $3,750, etc.

LisaH likes this.