• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Anyone going to try to get one of those II $1 Getaways?

bhrungo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Haven't seen anything yet...
My friends just backed out on using our $1.00 Getaway to Orlando.:rolleyes: The check in day is in two days! If anyone is interested, please PM me.
Marriott Grande Vista
Studio sleeps 4 MAX
Oct 4th-11th
I think I have until closing today to change the guest certificate.

toni3063

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does this end tonight or tomorrow night? The website states "For two weeks, September 19th to October 3rd". Does this mean to or thru October 3rd?

sage

TUG Member
Reaction score
If it says through oct 3rd it should include that day.

I'll be glad when it's over. The whole thing is driving me nuts. Spent a couple of hours last night trawling through almost all the world and couldn't find a thing.:wall:

toni3063

TUG Member
Reaction score
If it says through oct 3rd it should include that day.

I'll be glad when it's over. The whole thing is driving me nuts. Spent a couple of hours last night trawling through almost all the world and couldn't find a thing.:wall:

It says to Oct 3rd.

sage

TUG Member
Reaction score
They have just posted the finders for 2nd Oct. Underneath is says:

You could be one of today's lucky members. Keep Searching!

So I assume it is still a free for all today!

Happy hunting:hysterical:

toni3063

TUG Member
Reaction score
They have just posted the finders for 2nd Oct. Underneath is says:

You could be one of today's lucky members. Keep Searching!

So I assume it is still a free for all today!

Happy hunting:hysterical:

Thanks! I was really hoping it was over... so I can return to my life. Can you say "obsessive compulsive"?

Miss Marty

TUG Member
Reaction score
October 1st

Yesterday's Lucky Members (10/01/07)

XX from New Jersey are going to Westbrook, Connecticut for $1
XX from Virginia are going to Puerto Barrios, Guatemala for $1
XX from Utah is going to Scottsdale, Arizona for $1
XX from New Jersey are going to Big Bear Lake, California for $1

Fifth $1 Getaway to Isernia, Italy was not found ...
keep hunting!

borntotravel

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I for one will be glad when this is over! I might actually get to get something done around the house (ha-ha). I noticed that Freeport, Bahamas and Hilton Head, SC were yesterdays destinations! I have faithfully been checking Branson, Daytona Beach, Orlando, Hilton Head, Outer Banks, Caribbean and Myrtle Beach every few hours each day since this promo started. I just can't seem to hit it at the right time, like many of us! :doh:

Myrtle Beach and Hilton Head would be great for me (a few hours drive). I had a feeling Hilton Head would come up eventually because they had a ton of them avail. for getaways.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I think I'm going to book me a vacation getaway just to recoup from trying so hard to get a $1 getaway.

Congrats to all of you the were able to hook one of these.:clap:

And thanks to all who have put up with my frustration during the last two weeks!

Rushcreeke

Reaction score
What is happening with the ones that weren't found? I think there was one for Branson a few days ago, Italy yesterday and another one a few days ago. I did not read that anyone found them or that there were 6 given on any day... which would make me think that they are still out there and there should be more than 5 today?

Does anyone see what I am saying? It is kind of rambling....but you can get the idea?

borntotravel

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
They have not been carrying over the ones not found. There have only been five per day, and when Vegas and Branson were not found, they were not on the list the next day. You think that they would have just noted that one is still out there, not mentioning where it is, and just carry it over until someone found it. Guess they don't want to be that generous.

G

GetwayFinder

My 2 Cents

Here is my 2 cents on how II ran this contest.

I don't think that they selected 5 getaways and published them for $1.00 all at once.

I do think that they selected 5 getaways to be offered for $1.00 randomly throughout the day, and that the $1 price was only good while displayed on that page. For example, if you searched and saw a getaway for $1 and didn't book it, and did the same search again it would be gone, then back again, then gone. I am also suspicious that there were ones that were not found. My program searched every resort code for the next year of dates 24 hours a day so if there was one there, it would have found it. This adds evidence that they appeared randomly as well.

Rushcreeke

Reaction score
Add another 2 cents

Maybe we will get up to $1....

I have searched Vegas, Orlando, Miamii, Branson, Williamsburg, constantly for the past 4 days. Nothing!

I think that there was only one $1 getaway out there at a time and you had to be lucky enough to hit it at that time...It may have only been there 4x that day for a minute at a time... if nobody hit it, it did not come back the next day.

If a getaway was not found the first day, it should have been carried over to the next day. If there were supposed to be 20 giveaways, they should have gave 20 away...

G

GetwayFinder

keep looking...it looks like the offer is still running today (i just got one)

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
II has contacted me and made me aware of what you are doing and it is in violation of their program.

They (and we) ask you to cease what you are doing...and do not repost it again on TUG.

This program is supposed to benefit all members...not just you. According to II you have purchased a significant number of these vacations yourself.

You are more than welcome to post information about these getaways...but do not advertise ways to take advantage of II's generous offer or risk it being discontinued and not offered again.

The latter would be a disservice to all timesharers.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
I am also going to go out on a limb and assume you have posted this once before and it was removed by a moderator above. However since I did not see it and cannot confirm...I will leave this one final warning for you.

Do not go back and repost something a moderator or admin has removed. You will not receive any further warnings.

G

GetwayFinder

OK, See Ya! Please delete my account.

Last edited by a moderator:

geneticblend

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
If someone is at an advantage because they have special computer programming knowledge, and they win multilple times, why didn't II investigate after they won so many? And why didn't II contact that member and tell them that they would not allow them to win so many?

It is a shame that one person can ruin a contest for others. Those of you who have been searching and searching the hard (and normal) way may have had a chance to win a getway had this person not been searching. (Actually, the person wasn't searching, their computer was!)

Also, II may not run another contest like this again since they know that there are selfish people out there who find ways to beat the system.

I wonder if anyone kept track of the lists that were posted each day. We could see how many times a certain winner's name appeared on the list.
Anyone?

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
From the information I got...II knows who he is and is attempting to solve the problem.

Last edited: