• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Anyone here heard rumor of Worldmark — Disney partnership in Anaheim?

TheHolleys87

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
[Duplicate posts merged]

A Worldmark owner posted to the DISboards.com DVC Member Services board that she was told by Wyndham sales people that Wyndham/Worldmark have partnered with Disney for exchanges outside of RCI so that owners of each system would have easier access to the other system. She declined to attend the sales presentation so didn’t get any more information.

Anyone here heard anything similar?

(I’m also posting this on the TUG DVC board.)

Last edited by a moderator:

TheHolleys87

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A Worldmark owner posted to the DISboards.com DVC Member Services board that she was told by Wyndham sales people that Wyndham/Worldmark have partnered with Disney for exchanges outside of RCI so that owners of each system would have easier access to the other system. She declined to attend the sales presentation so didn’t get any more information.

Anyone here heard anything similar?

(I’m also posting this on the TUG Worldmark board.)

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
A Worldmark owner posted to the DISboards.com DVC Member Services board that she
He (according to that poster's image and voluntary profile information)

Edited to add: It it comes through, I'd expect it to be exchanges processed through DVC's Buena Vista Trading Company such that select WM/Wyn locations are offered to DVC members through DVC's Concierge Collection and that select DVC locations are offered to WM through TravelShare. Not sure of the equivalent Wyndham program for their owners.

By doing so, the exchanges are a perk offered only to qualified retail/grandfathered buyers on both sides.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
If a Sales person's lips are moving! So buy Travelshare now!!!!!!

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
I have to assume it's salesperson talk, which means it's either not true or a total exaggeration. We determined this a long time ago with another person who asked the same question.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
I should also say that we are Wyndham ViP Platinum and have never seen anything on that. We would know, if it was true.

littlestar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club, Marriott & Wyndham pts
Nope. As a DVC and Wyndham owner, I have heard nothing about this.

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
Fair to say that nothing has yet been rolled out on this story. There might be something in the works ... but nothing has been announced.

Edited to add: Rats. This whole topic has me dreaming. Wouldn't it be nice if a Wyndham/DVC reciprocal direct exchange program were introduced to the Worldmark owners through Club Pass rather than TravelShare? LOL ... I could only wish.

Last edited:

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
Fair to say that nothing has yet been rolled out on this story. There might be something in the works ... but nothing has been announced.

Edited to add: Rats. This whole topic has me dreaming. Wouldn't it be nice if a Wyndham/DVC reciprocal direct exchange program were introduced to the Worldmark owners through Club Pass rather than TravelShare? LOL ... I could only wish.

This will happen right after the Pope steps down to take over sales for Wyndham.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
This will happen right after the Pope steps down to take over sales for Wyndham.
Loved that one. Jim Carrey line: "You're saying there's a chance."

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
RCI and Wyndham, same company. RCI losing on exchange fees, not going to happen.

But we did see that Welk is getting some interesting inventory through their portal. I don't see this special inventory through my portals, and I have two of them, Shell and Wyndham.

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
RCI and Wyndham, same company. RCI losing on exchange fees, not going to happen.

But we did see that Welk is getting some interesting inventory through their portal. I don't see this special inventory through my portals, and I have two of them, Shell and Wyndham.
Welk/DVC has a reciprocal exchange agreement in addition to RCI exchanges. DVC members can book select Welk locations via Disney's Concierge Collection right now. Welk members can book Saratoga and Aulani through Welk's Experiences Collection. I could see a similar agreement coming to Wyndham/Worldmark but only if it enhances direct sales. It doesn't have to be w/out an exchange fee ... just tucked under a different label.

TheHolleys87

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks all, general feeling all around is that it's not true. But as a longtime DVC owner (and direct buyer) it's nice to dream about having other DVC exchange opportunities in Anaheim beyond the few VGC villas and the expensive Disney hotels!

TheHolleys87

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yes, general feeling is it's not true. It's just nice to dream about such a possibility.

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I seem to be more hopeful than most of y'all. I think this could come to pass (similar to the Welk arrangement). But my skeptical side says it would require TravelShare for the Worldmark owner. My hopeful side will keep dreaming it happens through Club Pass ... which would make it easy to roll out to both Wyndham and Worldmark owners at once. Ha, ha, ha. I can hope.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
As I read several of the above Posts Patti said: "I assumes that in every Timeshare Sales person's past work experience they were a Used Car Sales Person and/or a Military Recruiter.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
Welk/DVC has a reciprocal exchange agreement in addition to RCI exchanges. DVC members can book select Welk locations via Disney's Concierge Collection right now. Welk members can book Saratoga and Aulani through Welk's Experiences Collection. I could see a similar agreement coming to Wyndham/Worldmark but only if it enhances direct sales. It doesn't have to be w/out an exchange fee ... just tucked under a different label.

But as I understand it, Welk's "program" requires more than just having developer purchased credits/points - the Disney resorts are only available to members in higher tiers of the developer program.

That sounds more like Travelshare than Club Pass.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
As I read several of the above Posts Patti said: "I assumes that in every Timeshare Sales person's past work experience they were a Used Car Sales Person and/or a Military Recruiter.

Tom - I worked in military recruiting and I believe the association you made above greatly maligns the work recruiters do. The vast majority of military recruiters are successful by accurately emphasizing the positive benefits of military service, and without their work the all-volunteer military would collapse (especially given the deployment cycles of current military service).

I am writing this off as bad attempt at being glib.

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
But as I understand it, Welk's "program" requires more than just having developer purchased credits/points - the Disney resorts are only available to members in higher tiers of the developer program.

That sounds more like Travelshare than Club Pass.
I tend to agree, it would likely be under TravelShare. I am 'dreaming' that it could be pulled off through Club Pass ... with the recognition that Club Pass would open it to both Worldmark and Wyndham owners simultaneously. All that said, perhaps the original line to the individual at the Parking Pass desk was a cloaked reference to something that already exists: TravelShare's Travel Concierge program that books anything you want using your qualified credits.

Firepath

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC
It sounds good to me, but you know if they give us something, they're going to take something away somewhere, like no more SSR exchanges through RCI.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I tend to agree, it would likely be under TravelShare. I am 'dreaming' that it could be pulled off through Club Pass ... with the recognition that Club Pass would open it to both Worldmark and Wyndham owners simultaneously. All that said, perhaps the original line to the individual at the Parking Pass desk was a cloaked reference to something that already exists: TravelShare's Travel Concierge program that books anything you want using your qualified credits.

To some degree speculating on these "sales hooks" tossed out in passing can be fun, but this one shows how they can take on a life of their own. As I recall, the original source of this rumor was a poster in the Worldmark FB group who was told this by the "concierge" at the WM Anaheim. They did not take the bait, so did not get any details. Here is the entirely of their initial post:

A few days ago a number of the Wyndham sales people at the Anaheim WorldMark. Mentioned a partnership with Disney. Does anyone know the details? Do you need to be a Travel Share member? Does it just require WorldMark credits? You no longer have to go through RCI? Is there any required extra fees? I have called WorldMark member services. They claim to know nothing about the Disney and Wyndham agreement. With RCI I must get on the waitlist for at least 2 years. I did get the DVC Animal Kingdom and DVC Saratoga Springs Resort. I was told this so called partnership happened this year.

In a reply to my post that this was just RCI, they replied:

Eric Winch I was told by a sales Wyndham person it just happened this year.

So if this is an just announced partnership, we would not be speculating on how it would work. And if this was really "something" that was in the works, the concierge being in the "know" is pretty remote IMHO. And we would hearing all kinds of reports from people attending "updates".

But now we have this rumor rippling on three different forums.

Last edited:

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sounds like the same individual (background) who posted the queries on Disboards in multiple locations. New from your exchange with them is (a) that they phoned WM Member Services; and (b) were told by pre-sales "that it happened this year." (Implied past tense; already passed?)

So far, we (as a community) have not heard anything new that includes Disney Vacation Club ... yet. Nothing to get excited about until an official announcement ... just fun to dream a bit.

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned