• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Anyone trade into Animal Kingdom recently?

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
You have the inside track on those Boulder Ridge Villas. I love that one. I think it's Rick's favorite, too. Love the boat to MK and the grounds. It's gorgeous. There are actual deer roaming around, and they aren't animated!

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk Resorts
Deer aren't that exciting for me. There are so many deer in Southern Illinois that they're on the verge of being listed as a nuisance so hunters can shoot an unlimited number of females.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk Resorts
Just wondering what is the maintenance fee on 360,000 welk points?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Frank, I just got the formula from Welk Owner Services as well as a whole chart. It's $703 initial fee and $0.00335 per point so 360k points is $1,909 this year. My fees have increased roughly 4% every year.

bizaro86

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, the "P" is for priority access. I don't know if Aulani ever pops up. Welk has some kind of agreement with Disney where they have access to some units at SSR, Boardwalk, and Aulani because higher tier members can book those resorts straight through the Welk Owners Lounge, without even accessing RCI. Of course that's based on availability and I can't see those because I only own 240k points, the first tier of ownership with legit benefits and Disney access requires buying 540k points directly from Welk.
Here's the Welk Collections list if anyone is curious: http://thecollection.welkresorts.com/locations/
As of now, Aulani isn't popping up for me but I put in an ongoing search just out of curiosity.

Are the collections resorts only developer purchasers? I would have thought the ones that are in the Welk Trust directly (ie Four Seasons) should be bookable by anyone who has an ownership interest in that trust.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk Resorts
Are the collections resorts only developer purchasers? I would have thought the ones that are in the Welk Trust directly (ie Four Seasons) should be bookable by anyone who has an ownership interest in that trust.
Nope. The Collections are available to any points owner, with the exception of the Disney properties. Quite possibly BECAUSE Welk doesn't actually have any of those in the trust.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
Frank, I just got the formula from Welk Owner Services as well as a whole chart. It's $703 initial fee and $0.00335 per point so 360k points is $1,909 this year. My fees have increased roughly 4% every year.
Thanks for the research. A comparable Aulani 1br using dvc points would be 322-434 dvc points. So this is a great deal compared to renting DVC points if you want an ocean view. As renting points from a broker would put you at $5400-$7400. Are there any trade fees and what not to use the welk points? One can only imagine what you would have paid welk direct to use those points for DVC.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk Resorts
Thanks for the research. A comparable Aulani 1br using dvc points would be 322-434 dvc points. So this is a great deal compared to renting DVC points if you want an ocean view. As renting points from a broker would put you at $5400-$7400. Are there any trade fees and what not to use the welk points? One can only imagine what you would have paid welk direct to use those points for DVC.
No trade fees or guest certificates fees with Welk. From the developer, I paid near $40k for 240k points. You could prolly get 540k points for around $75k now if you really played it right. I'm sure some people have payed more than that. Some friends of mine just went to a preview in San Diego and they wanted $60k for 240k. But that was opening offer.

katiemarie312

Reaction score
360k would be around $1700 prolly. I'm paying $1400ish for 240k and I saw a chart for 2017 MF that had 540k for right around $2000. So somewhere in there. I'll call Owner Services later and see if they can give me the exact equation. I know there is a base rate and then it goes by amount of points owned. One would definitely pay less per night when buying more points if that makes sense. I know that doubling my points would not double my MF. But if you're seriously considering Welk or know someone who is, feel free to message me.
I was considering a Welk timeshare (before reading some of these threads!) but was still interested in better understanding their Points Charts - it doesn't look like there is much variation between peak season (red) and off-peak (yellow) or what type of room you get, like I've seen in other timeshare points charts. In some cases, their resorts don't even distinguish between any seasons. Their website only gives access to the trial period points chart (https://welkresorts.com/wpd/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/Trial-Ownership-Points-Matrix.pdf) - is there a different one once you are a member? And does it get more complicated where you would use more points to get a better view from your room?

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk Resorts
I don't want to/didn't mean to hijack this thread. The only Welk resort that has a legitimate yellow season is Northstar in Lake Tahoe. As for view choices/room choices, when you book you can request a specific room or to be up high or in a certain building or whatever and that usually gets honored. I'll message you or anyone else who's curious about more Welk details.
I'll just say two more things. That's an older chart, as it doesn't have the three bedroom units for Branson. And in Branson and Cabo, all the rooms face the same direction. Cabo they are all ocean view. And in Branson they all face South-ish.

Caligirlfrtx

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, SHERATON BROADWAY PLANTATION, GRAND PACIFIC PALISADES, SHERATON DESERT OASIS, HYATT COCONUT PLANTATION, RIVERVIEW RESORT
I'm just trying to get info on an upcoming family Disney centered vacation and wanted to throw this out there. All day today, 4/15/19 on RCI there has been a 1BR unit available at Boulder Springs for Sept of 19, one 2BR at Old key West for Aug of 19, and there are currently 12 available from June to November of 19 in SSR including two, 2BR units. Just any fyi if anyone is checking on the likelihood of trading into Disney via RCI.
Wow! sorry I missed these! Did you find them using a certain code?

Caligirlfrtx

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, SHERATON BROADWAY PLANTATION, GRAND PACIFIC PALISADES, SHERATON DESERT OASIS, HYATT COCONUT PLANTATION, RIVERVIEW RESORT
No. Just a search through my Welk portal. I have not seen anything except SSR and OKW since

Thanks for placing an interest in me for Welk resell, lol. Last thing I need is another TS, lol

Caligirlfrtx

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Some of these sightings (which should be posted in the Sightings forum, btw) might be limited to your Welk portal or through RCI Points? I'm seeing only 1BR SSR via my RCI Weeks Platinum account.
Can you please direct me on how to find the sightings page? Thanks!

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Can you please direct me on how to find the sightings page? Thanks!
If you are a member of TUG, you can see the Sightings/Distressed forum. If you cannot see that page and are a member, I think you need to log in and out again to see it. Not sure. But it's for members only.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I would never pay money to a developer to get 2 bedrooms or Boulder Ridge from RCI. I have way better things to spend my money on. But if it works with a resale, I might find some interest. Well, maybe not. I am sick of chasing Disney exchanges. It's a game i cannot play. What a deal Welk worked out for owners, but probably not applicable to resale. It's one resort system not Wyndham that they grabbed up and gave special access to inventory. I know that it wouldn't probably apply to resale.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk Resorts
I would never pay money to a developer to get 2 bedrooms or Boulder Ridge from RCI. I have way better things to spend my money on. But if it works with a resale, I might find some interest. Well, maybe not. I am sick of chasing Disney exchanges. It's a game i cannot play. What a deal Welk worked out for owners, but probably not applicable to resale. It's one resort system not Wyndham that they grabbed up and gave special access to inventory. I know that it wouldn't probably apply to resale.
The exchanges I mentioned were through RCI. High level retail owners have a direct exchange to Disney Boardwalk, SSR, and Aulani. But you're prolly looking at close to $75k for that. That direct/internal exchange that does not go through RCI to just those three resorts is NOT available resale. What I posted that I saw on RCI is available resale.

Caligirlfrtx

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The exchanges I mentioned were through RCI. High level retail owners have a direct exchange to Disney Boardwalk, SSR, and Aulani. But you're prolly looking at close to $75k for that. That direct/internal exchange that does not go through RCI to just those three resorts is NOT available resale. What I posted that I saw on RCI is available resale.

Looks like I better stick to my HICV ownership, at least I got into SS @ Disney this year with it

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk Resorts
Looks like I better stick to my HICV ownership, at least I got into SS @ Disney this year with it
And I can book a 2BR at OKW right now or a 1BR at SSR.

Firepath

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC
And I can book a 2BR at OKW right now or a 1BR at SSR.

Wow that's fantastic. I have never seen any Disney 2 BR since I started looking in 2013. I think most of us are only seeing 1 BRs at SSR lately.

OldGuy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
some
Just curious, what can others see through RCI?

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
Where can paying members see the page?
From the Forum List, scroll down to the bottom of the page to find the Sightings/Distressed forum listed under a heading, "Private Forums."

JohnB3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC - SSR
Grandview Las Vegas (RCI Points)
Marriott - Willow Ridge
No trade fees or guest certificates fees with Welk. From the developer, I paid near $40k for 240k points. You could prolly get 540k points for around $75k now if you really played it right. I'm sure some people have payed more than that. Some friends of mine just went to a preview in San Diego and they wanted $60k for 240k. But that was opening offer.

Seems to me if the option is to spend $75K at Welk for this access I'd just buy resale DVC points at one of the 14 DVC legacy resorts because they are likely to retain some resale value and buy Welk resale points for $1 to get access to the Welk properties if I wanted those

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yes, it's not a bad thing to own, DVC, but to get something like Food and Wine, you need to buy where you want to stay because it's tough to get any dates at all now for Food and Wine. I booked OKW for late October and no more availability since we hit the 7 month mark (when everyone can book them). I think it's a sign of the times. People are going to be flocking to Disney to see Star Wars. It's worth the price you pay for the points for resale.