• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Anyone used Timeshare Resale Vacations?

Theiggy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Frenchman’s Cove
Has anyone used them? I’m looking to buy a Marriott week through them. These are the names associated-
Timeshare Resale Vacations
Time share closing LLC
Resale closings LLC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Theiggy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club

jksung5295

TUG Member
Reaction score
Any other recent interactions with them? This is the only real review I was able to find of them....

Theiggy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Any other recent interactions with them? This is the only real review I was able to find of them....

I never did buy the week so I have no review to offer. Maybe someone else will chime in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ontilt

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Bay Club
HGVC Valdoro x2
Worldmark
I was just working with them on an eBay auction and ended up not moving forward. Attached below is the contract that they sent me along with a separate invoice. What bothered me about the way this was set up was the following:

1) They wanted payment to them and told me it would go into an escrow account. My thinking is if it was going to go into escrow, why wouldn't I just make the check out to the escrow company? They wouldn't take a credit card for the deposit, or paypal and just wanted the check or money order.

2) The contract didn't contain any information about the amount of money, the auction on eBay or specifics around the property other than the resort company and points. So, based on the language, there was no way to connect how much I sent them a check for, what the estimated maintenance fees were and what the related purchase auction was. It seemed to me (I may be thinking about this incorrectly) that it was almost a triangle of information, a contract without specific information related to a payment to the broker instead of the escrow company without any specific reference to details of the auction.

3) Compared to other agreements I signed, it was missing all the information that those contained

4) The termination rights were exclusively around buyer default vs anything that the seller did.

Would love to get any thoughts on if I'm not thinking about this right, but my sense was that it should be a lot more clear cut in terms of what's being purchased and how the transfer would proceed vs. a "loose" linking of this information.

Attachments

• Buyers Term Sheet-Week.pdf
    571.3 KB · Views: 56

andysnovel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Flex, Vistana Bella Section, BlueGreen Charleston,SC
I was just working with them on an eBay auction and ended up not moving forward. Attached below is the contract that they sent me along with a separate invoice. What bothered me about the way this was set up was the following:

1) They wanted payment to them and told me it would go into an escrow account. My thinking is if it was going to go into escrow, why wouldn't I just make the check out to the escrow company? They wouldn't take a credit card for the deposit, or paypal and just wanted the check or money order.

2) The contract didn't contain any information about the amount of money, the auction on eBay or specifics around the property other than the resort company and points. So, based on the language, there was no way to connect how much I sent them a check for, what the estimated maintenance fees were and what the related purchase auction was. It seemed to me (I may be thinking about this incorrectly) that it was almost a triangle of information, a contract without specific information related to a payment to the broker instead of the escrow company without any specific reference to details of the auction.

3) Compared to other agreements I signed, it was missing all the information that those contained

4) The termination rights were exclusively around buyer default vs anything that the seller did.

Would love to get any thoughts on if I'm not thinking about this right, but my sense was that it should be a lot more clear cut in terms of what's being purchased and how the transfer would proceed vs. a "loose" linking of this information.
I would never buy under those circumstances, escrow company not affiliated with seller, arms length transaction is a must. Seller should never touch the money until transfer is complete. Run away from this ASAP.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at a possible deal with them now. They sent the estoppel quickly upon request, and said tat they would take a credit card when I offered 3% for that. My feeling is that this gives me reasonable protection should events go south. Also, and not sure how much this really means, but their eBay rating is quite good. Not sure how easy it might be to spoof that, but seems unlikely.

Cheers.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
OK, coming back to this as things have settled. I found them to be quick, efficient and responsive. There are some delays in the process, but this was all about the sellers being tardy in getting their notarized docs returned. When Timeshare Resales Vacations had the ball in their court, they were quick. The points are in the account now (some seem to be lost, but this is an HGVC thing and they are looking into it).

I would use these guys again. Especially in a great deal where seller pays all the closing fees :)

Cheers.

Reactions: RX8