• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Apollo putting bid in for HGVC

ccwu

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am not in favor of an Apollo purchase either. My thoughts above were putting out there a way that HGVC could be bought by Apollo and not have their system changed since most HGVC people are very pleased with the way HGVC system works. I am not a DRI owner but in reading posts on TUG from DRI owners I understand that DRI owners would like to be able to exchange into HGVC.

We don’t like Apollo trying to buy HGV.
We own both resorts. We are HGV elite premier and DRI platinum elite. We like HGV better than DRI. In DRI, if you bought resale, you don’t have much right. Resale owner can only use the collection of their purchase and can not even using DRI’s interval world. HGV treat resale owner the same as direct buy from developers other than can not qualify for elite. The room of DRI resorts are mostly close to HGV standard. But since we are platinum member and the resort always put us in a better room with view, so we always stayed in better room just like HGV usually put us in better room. We use DRI to compliment HGV few location. We like Dri for Lake Tahoe for winter skiing. Summer to Virginia Beach beach beach front at Oceanaire and Beach Club, Maui Kaanapali Beach Club and St Maarten Flamingo beach resort. We own about the same number of points for each. With HGV, the point We own could get us 8-10 weeks in two bedroom platinum season in Hilton Hawaiian Village. With the same number of points, I could stayed the most is 4-5 weeks in Maui Kaanapali Beach for two bedrooms (DRI 11,000 -27,000 points a week vs HGV 7,000 -9600 week). For DRI, you could buy upgrade at the time of reservation. I could use one bedroom Ocean front point to book two bedroom ocean view 14 month in advance paying upgrade fee $6 per night as platinum member benefit. HGV does treat premier member well, but no extra time for reservation window. HGV does give us free upgrade if there is availability and notify us 30 days in advance. We pay more for DRI annual MF than HGV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk